Xtreme Gaming Network

S9R1: Imola post-race

Author Topic: S9R1: Imola post-race  (Read 25014 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S9R1: Imola post-race
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2015, 07:47:37 PM »
here it is

Giving away team secrets... tsk :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Will

• View Profile
S9R1: Imola post-race
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2015, 07:52:38 PM »
Race 1: Started in 19th but ended up in 8th after all the carnage at the start and settled in for the rest of the race but then on lap 4 I think it was this happened
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/uvg4r8HuDw8&rel=1&fs=1[/youtube]
Will technically redressed on the last turn but I think it only happened because he went of and I was at the back of the train that he was waiting for to rejoin safely, I could be wrong but that's what it looks like. the rest of the race was pretty straight forward don't remember any thing major happening.

Race 2: started up a little further up the field 14th I think and jumped up a few after t1 carnage again and ended up putting my self around a couple laps later and got some damage and then it all went down hill from there and couldnt keep in on the track.
hey schmittez. I was real sorry about that. At the time I was umming and ahhing about whether to stop. You're right I lost it on the last turn of that lap and gave the place back by accident. To be honest I didn't give the place back because I thought you were abnormlly slow and thought of it as more of a racing incident. Looking at the replay I don't know how I thought that now. You were slow there, probably because you avoided the kerb completely, whereas I took heaps of kerb - a lot more that I thought - and caused that 100%. Sorry again I hate being responsible for accidents. I had a pretty abysmal night all round tbh. Looking forward to next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 08:22:10 PM by Will »

Offline Schmittez

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2015, 08:39:04 PM »
]hey schmittez. I was real sorry about that. At the time I was umming and ahhing about whether to stop. You're right I lost it on the last turn of that lap and gave the place back by accident. To be honest I didn't give the place back because I thought you were abnormlly slow and thought of it as more of a racing incident. Looking at the replay I don't know how I thought that now. You were slow there, probably because you avoided the kerb completely, whereas I took heaps of kerb - a lot more that I thought - and caused that 100%. Sorry again I hate being responsible for accidents. I had a pretty abysmal night all round tbh. Looking forward to next week

Looking at the reply taking much more kurb than I did I would of considered a cut of the track, because I thought it was you had to have 2 wheels inside the white lines, but Im not sure where the track limits are for the PLP app to detect a cut.

Offline Will

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2015, 08:49:23 PM »

]hey schmittez. I was real sorry about that. At the time I was umming and ahhing about whether to stop. You're right I lost it on the last turn of that lap and gave the place back by accident. To be honest I didn't give the place back because I thought you were abnormlly slow and thought of it as more of a racing incident. Looking at the replay I don't know how I thought that now. You were slow there, probably because you avoided the kerb completely, whereas I took heaps of kerb - a lot more that I thought - and caused that 100%. Sorry again I hate being responsible for accidents. I had a pretty abysmal night all round tbh. Looking forward to next week

Looking at the reply taking much more kurb than I did I would of considered a cut of the track, because I thought it was you had to have 2 wheels inside the white lines, but Im not sure where the track limits are for the PLP app to detect a cut.
Yeah you're right. I can't remember if a cut was registered but I don't think so. Can you see that looking at data, Wally? It should have been a cut. But then again I was decelerating the whole time maybe that's why it wasn't registered? I think I saw you going slower than I was expecting to go myself and tried to avoid connecting; which is why I went over the curb so. Sorry again for ruining your race, mate.

Offline Schmittez

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2015, 08:54:19 PM »
Yeah you're right. I can't remember if a cut was registered but I don't think so. Can you see that looking at data, Wally? It should have been a cut. But then again I was decelerating the whole time maybe that's why it wasn't registered? I think I saw you going slower than I was expecting to go myself and tried to avoid connecting; which is why I went over the curb so. Sorry again for ruining your race, mate.

All good, was just a little annoyed because of how big of a jump I had got at the start.

G0RGAK

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2015, 10:10:32 PM »
Simone was punted off the track at the start of race 2, and got an 8 point bonus (double points race).

Also, the auto-send to pits is not anything I can control. AC is doing it for its own reasons.

No worries, so in future the key is to not spin :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2015, 10:46:57 PM »

Yep, if you slow down while off-track, its not counted as a cut.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2015, 11:33:08 PM »

Yep, if you slow down while off-track, its not counted as a cut.
I reckon you always get away with cutting on the right hand entry to that chicane given that is taken a low speed...!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal