Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 4: Thursday 11th August - Autodromo di Modena

Author Topic: Round 4: Thursday 11th August - Autodromo di Modena  (Read 6926 times)

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
Round 4: Thursday 11th August - Autodromo di Modena
« on: August 04, 2016, 07:41:37 PM »
Round 4: Thursday 11thAugust
Sprints
Track:  Autodromo di Modena http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/autodromo-di-modena.5346/
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Re: Round 4: Thursday 11th August - Autodromo di Modena
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 07:44:06 PM »
I'm out tonight I'm afraid. Hurt my back at tennis last night. Shouldn't have served so many aces  8)

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 09:39:51 PM »
8) Results :o
Due to me stuffing Joes race up I am finishing race 2 on lap 15 and Robin gets 2nd.

http://www.racingclubmanager.com/series_tab.cfm?club=1137#

http://52.63.61.153:50041/sessionstat
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 09:52:37 PM by Gratulin »

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 09:43:16 PM »
Well that sucked balls. Could have been my best finish to date. Made some clean passes at thr start into first, then held off gb and phil for 16 laps. That statement makes no sense so not sure they were really trying to pass me  ;D Gb said i disappeared and my ping was at 250. I then though I heard Phil say I was warping so pulled over.

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2016, 09:46:17 PM »
Sorry Joe, we finished the race on lap 15 as you would of won that apart from me not been clear

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2016, 09:48:30 PM »
Sorry Joe, we finished the race on lap 15 as you would of won that apart from me not been clear

Well as long as that doesnt screw anyone else over I'm happy  :)

Not sure how I stayed ahead of you two. Were you concentrating more on your own battle?

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2016, 10:12:13 PM »
I was trying to pass GB and he was defending, slowing us both down, dont know about GB, but I would probably not have got past you without a mistake or driving like a maniac

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2016, 07:51:11 AM »
Fun night. In race 1, Rob and I were stuck to each other. I was in front for a few laps, but botched the shift up on the final corner a couple of times, eventually letting Rob past. Then I chased him closely to the end, unable to close the gap. He gave me hope with a couple of lock ups and wobbles, but it was not enough.

In race 2, I was turned around and put tot the back, but it was fun chasing Imperious and AJ on the way back. I ended passing them both on the inside of the final turn, a spot where I get a lot of passes. I see drivers who enter the second last left hand turn too fast, stopping them from getting a good entry into the final corner.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2016, 08:23:57 AM »
I'm out tonight I'm afraid. Hurt my back at tennis last night. Shouldn't have served so many aces  8)
Yeowww, i sympathise with you on that one, I was playing american doubles against my girls years ago, they were winning, so... a hard slice serve! Put me flat on the ground, then off to hospital for "the rack", hope you get that in control quickly.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2016, 08:31:22 AM »
In race 2, I was turned around and put tot the back, but it was fun chasing Imperious and AJ on the way back. I ended passing them both on the inside of the final turn, a spot where I get a lot of passes. I see drivers who enter the second last left hand turn too fast, stopping them from getting a good entry into the final corner.

That was a good battle for a few laps there towards the end, and yeah I think I saw about 5 or 6 different lines through the last two turns from various people. I don't think I managed to take a consistent line through there the entire night :)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2016, 08:33:53 AM »
Good decision on the race finish Phil, Joe you had that one, the mix up hasn't taken the shine off your great win, nice work.
I have now gotten used to the new jump start, I hope :)
Race on me working hard down the back with Ley Ying and GW in the mix, I finally sorted a out a couple of turns and put in a PB and thought...
may just pull in these lads, but no lap 11 both Ley Ying and GW starting hitting pbs!

Race 2, what a stuff up!
Comedy of Errors in Chronological Order...
changing anything pre-race
finding no pedal control
desperately select wheel controller default, with paddles
scramble back in
select wrong car
re-enter with correct car that I have a setup for
check pedals
forgot setup

but had fun once I sorted the compression lock ups on downshifts and realised 3rd was too tall!
See you all next week.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2016, 09:30:21 AM »
Great night for me. As I said last night it is nice to start at the front and not end up at the tail as is usual for me on Tuesday nights.

Race 1. Great race long battle with Wally. Unfortunately he made one mistake early in the race and it was on my favourite corner (the last). EVERYBODY knows that I don't handle pressure very well, but I somehow managed to keep him at bay for the rest of the race, but it was great fun. GB and Phil were the class of the field as usual and there was no catching them. Very happy with 3rd.

Race 2. Reverse grid. Those around me bolted from the start and managed to make their way through the field with apparent ease, where I, on the other hand, had to be patient and gradually make my way forward. As I get older I find the aggression is waning and I will always opt for a safe pass rather than screw up a race for somebody else. Joe was doing a sterling job keeping the battling GB and Phil at bay until someone had some connection problems, and Joe, being the perfect gentleman pulled out in case he was warping too badly. Luckily Phil called the race then and Joe deservedly got the middle podium position. After Joe pulled out Phil and GB had a coming together and I did a Bradbury and inherited another 2 position leaving me in 2nd spot.

Lovin' the friendly vibe of Thursday nights. Great fun.

rob

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal