Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 4: Thursday 27th October - Oulton Park

Author Topic: Round 4: Thursday 27th October - Oulton Park  (Read 44202 times)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
Re: Round 4: Thursday 27th October - Oulton Park
« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2016, 10:21:59 PM »
Awesome fun as always with these cars. Got out in front and got a good lead, maybe 20 seconds or so, which was good as I spun off onto the grass it T1 on the last lap, but was just able to keep position after re-entering.

Starting last I got up to third in the second race but then my wife wanted me to take the baby from her so had to bail. These DNFs seem to be keeping me out of the top 5 though  ;D

Offline Joe

• View Profile
Re: Round 3: Thursday 27th October - Oulton Park
« Reply #91 on: October 27, 2016, 10:36:42 PM »
Dunno what they've done to the game but I just ran a few laps in single player at Imola and it's choppy as shit. I have v-sync on and was getting drops from 59fps to 29fps at certain parts of the track which are usually fine, and even when GPU was reporting 59fps it still just felt choppy.
I turned my Vsync to adaptive in the Nvidia control panel (with vsync on in-game), as I noticed the FPS would drop from 60 to 30 as well. I reckon they've changed something in the way Vsync works in AC.

Just got this exact same issue in GTA V which is odd. Maybe it's a driver thing not a game thing. Highly recommend GTA on triples by the way.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 27, 2016, 11:32:32 PM »
Enjoyable even after my reservations about the track  :)

Hope I did not cause your spin in race 2 Wally, Gawaterman braked a bit earlier than I expected. You seemed to have a difficult few races tonight!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2016, 07:37:36 AM »
Enjoyable even after my reservations about the track  :)

Hope I did not cause your spin in race 2 Wally, Gawaterman braked a bit earlier than I expected. You seemed to have a difficult few races tonight!
No,  that spin was all by myself, if I remember correctly. I spun twice there, locking the brakes on entry to the chicane and spinning off on to the grass. Pity, because I was having some good battles until then. But there was always someone to race with. In race 1 I had a side by side impact that sent me off into the wall with rooshooter after I passed him, but I haven't seen a replay so I don't know who might have been at fault there. I enjoyed the track. That far hairpin was pretty bumpy though.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2016, 08:24:17 AM »
Sorry I missed last night's races, was out
From.the reports a great night was had.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2016, 09:57:35 AM »
I also had a very enjoyable night, as Wally said there was always someone to race. Which begs the question why are some tracks
more conducive to close racing than others ?
Wally I think you will find in the replay that I moved into your racing line, at least in race 2 I recognised your car in the mirrors and let
you pass. Should there have been a blue flag on both occasions, I don't recall seeing one.
Looking forward to next week hoping it will be as much fun as this week  :)

social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2016, 10:11:54 AM »
I think it's a combination of corners with passing opportunities, as well as chicanes. There were a couple of corners where you could definitely sneak up the inside if someone went a bit wide, and the slow chicanes bunch up the field, letting someone catch up to any pack a little easier.

I really like Oulton Park. A laser scanned AC version with all of the variations would be great.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2016, 11:15:02 AM »
The best part of the track is the tire barriers at the chicanes. No questions on whether you cutting the track not, If you make it through alive it was a valid line, if you dead then it obviously wasn't  ;D

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 28, 2016, 11:28:46 AM »
Sorry again for bumping you off the track Hornbag. I underestimated how much room I would need there.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 28, 2016, 02:37:43 PM »
I really like Oulton Park. A laser scanned AC version with all of the variations would be great.

Stefano said many times its his favourite track, supposedly the scan data is freely available too which is how pcars managed to get a scanned version of the track. Next on the list is Laguna Seca however and beyond that who knows what will the next track to be done by Kunos.

It would be great to get a good solid official version or even a much better done conversion. Not all rips are bad after all Bathurst is ripped from pcars and rf2 and its pretty much the same as its in thise games. This Oulton rip I think is a very old rip from Iracing, not sure how they did it but it isnt really close to the version it was ripped from.

Im not a big fan of ripped content, bot realpy because of the legality of it but because those doing rips rarely put much effort into it beyond just getting it ingame. THe better modders taking pride in their work will likely not rip tracks but a few guys have and made some good efforts like the stuff but Mitja Bonica and Tiago Lima plus a few others. They may have questionable sources for the base of their tracls but they put the effort in to make the tracks to as good a standard as they can even making their versions better then the original source.

Look at the early Snoopy Nords, I think original base was GPL but it had moved on through a few hands and got upgraded. its still a long way off the official scan but it was a great effort to where it was and continued work was put into it.

Many of these poor quick rips just look ugly and have issues, to make a track from Iracing look lime something out of GPL says something about the work put in.

Offline Hornbag

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 28, 2016, 04:03:57 PM »
Sorry again for bumping you off the track Hornbag. I underestimated how much room I would need there.

No worries mate, its all good

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 28, 2016, 04:54:09 PM »
I had my usual slow start off the line, once I settled in I was stuck behind Seanus, I just couldn't pass him.  I found that with most of the race, passing wasn't going to be easy. Most of my passes were made by others coming off or locking up. I held up Bacchulum for a bit, but let him through as my rear end started to get a bit loose, I didn't want to knock him off.  I can't push this car too much using a joystick and I was trying to reserve my tyres which were in need of a change 3 laps from the finish line.

I'll go through the replay of race 1 either tonight or Saturday in preparation for the highlights video.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 04:57:10 PM by Shameless_1 »
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal