Xtreme Gaming Network

S19R4: Nurburgring Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S19R4: Nurburgring Post-Race Chat  (Read 9254 times)

Offline rexology

• View Profile
Re: S19R4: Nurburgring Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2017, 11:05:46 PM »
I couldn't believe it when Freezer and myself came together for the second week in a row dropping us both down the order !!!

The racing was incredibly close between Freezer, Joe, Killa and myself and considering how fast Freezer was around 90% of the track, my only opportunity was to pass in one section of the track where I had pace, he finally made a mistake and opened the door, I went up the inside and looked clean to me but please tell me if that wasn't the case from your perspective Freezer ?

By the way Freezer you have the coolest Skin on the grid IMO I've been looking at pretty closely for the last 2 races !! :)   

Tough one.  At first I thought WTF......!!  Then I watched the replay a few times and I did run a bit high on entry and then straightened out the exit, but in that moment you were there . . . so hard to say!
As for the skin . . my homage to Skaife . . . those where the days!
A homage to Jim Richards for my generation.

Offline RussG

• View Profile
Re: S19R4: Nurburgring Post-Race Chat
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2017, 11:11:14 PM »
I wasn't really happy with my qualifying effort after the pace I had in practise. Started 8th of the GT3 cars.

I started behind Shayne and that was almost my whole race ... looking at the arse end of a Blue Huracan :) The Lambo seemed to have a bit better grunt out of the slow turns and a little more pace down the straights.
I kept waiting for Shayne to make a mistake and hoping that I wouldn't be the one to make the mistake, but he was just keeping it clean. Then, just before half distance Shayne had a bit of a wobble coming onto the main straight and I got a slight overlap at the start of the straight then the Lambo started to slowly move away again. I jumped back in the slipstream but still the Lambo was pulling slowly ahead. I knew I had been much better on the brakes into T1 and this time I was much closer than before so I stabbed it up the inside and made the pass. I was a bit slow on the exit of T1 and Shayne fought back and we went door to door for a few corners before the mighty BMW prevailed (great racing there Shayne :D ).

Soon after this I was due to pit, came out of the chicane and started to move toward the pit lane. Luckily I noticed an LMP1 coming through and had to straighten and brake so we didn't make contact. Unfortunately this lost me some time entering the pits.
After the pit stop phase I was a number of seconds behind Shayne again and could see that he was in a train of GT3's. I soon caught the train and was looking at the rear of that Lambo again. Shayne and I kept moving up the places as other fell off and when Joe had an off we were fighting for 3rd with killa only just in front.

Shayne had been so consistent all race so I was resigned (and happy) to finish 4th when suddenly Shayne missed his braking spot at the end of the straight and went off and so nearly took killa with him. I cruised through into 3rd and tht's how we finished.

I was really happy with my consistentsy in this race as usually when I am racing so close for so long I am the one to make the mistakes. Great racing Shayne. A pity that you had the mistake.
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal