Xtreme Gaming Network

S11 R2 - Mosport - 16/11/2017

Author Topic: S11 R2 - Mosport - 16/11/2017  (Read 10542 times)

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline imperious

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S11 R2 - Mosport - 16/11/2017
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2017, 10:52:16 PM »
My apologies for being so mostly absent on these forums lately. It's of course 100% my fault for not having things ready by race time, notably
Discord tonight. I did install it prior to race 2 but everything was dead silent unfortunately. Will get that sorted properly for next week.

It made me realise How much I don't like racing without hearing everyone else from time to time.
Race 1 was very good with a 5th place finish
Race 2 with all the mess of trying to get Discord working I forgot to load my setup and would have run out of fuel,
so pitted but as I hadn't set a pitstop config that was that.
I probably would have gotten a decent result.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2017, 08:10:57 AM »
Great track and great racing with you guys, never been on that track before. I managed to get about 10min practice so didn't get much time to tune a set-up. R1 was fairly clean, a few mistakes by myself. R2 fatigue after 7 night shifts and slight set-up adjustment for the worse and couldn't really keep it together, a few guys making some gutsy moves around the outside me after I'd make a mistake on previous corner. Sorry Mael for the tap directly on the rear bumper your car did not accelerate out of the corner the way I thought it would, I slowed right down but I think another tapped you as well and put you further back, I just cruised home after that hoping you'd catch me up, good close racing and good fun

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2017, 08:36:15 AM »
Great fun, except very sorry for my rear-ending to Joe & Wally!  That gave the 1st race to Roo on a platter, it's all my fault.

This track is one of the better US tracks, I loved it.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2017, 08:39:47 AM »
Don't let the Canadians hear you say that! :o

2+2=√16

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2017, 09:04:01 AM »
Great fun, except very sorry for my rear-ending to Joe & Wally!  That gave the 1st race to Roo on a platter, it's all my fault.

Thanks Bird , I owe you one  ;)
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2017, 10:32:49 AM »
I had another fun night of racing with some unexpected results thrown in for good measure. Congratulation to Joe on the R2 win and the other podium finishers. R1 I was happy to qual 5th and settled into some close racing with Bueller and Rob, and Wally, Joe and Bird leading the pack. It took a while to get past Rob and then I start chasing down the leading three. I got to third place, after Joe made a few mistakes and really had no chance of passing Wally and Bird. Bird finally caught Wally and I was close behind them. From some earlier practice during the week with Bacchulum, I knew battling for position on this track was fraught with danger ;D ;D and decided to just wait and see, sadly Bird and Wally had a minor collision and I was handed the win, that's two wins in two weeks (unheard of, in my simracing career 8) 8) 8))
R2 Starting from the back of the pack really is something else :o with the lap times so close you really do not have much of an advantage over anyone else, it is really hard work to make any progress through the pack and you are dependent on other drivers errors. I take my hat off to Mael ,Bacchulum and Phil for deliberately choosing to drive slower cars and starting from the back of the pack, especially Mael in the 911(the car I also would have chosen if it was a bit faster)
Sorry for the tap in race 2 Bacchulum, I did not realise you were redressing a contact with Mael :'( I had some fun giving Wally a few scares and finished 7th.
I am very impressed with this mod and how it is able to compress the abilities of all drivers, as shown by 1 second covering the top 8 qualifiers. Some cars are faster than others but not by much and everyone seems to end up on a pretty equal footing. I remember the GTR2 mod Power and Glory did the same with a very similiar car selection. Does anyone have any theories as to Why It Is So?

I disconnected from Discord just before R2, I am using a Logitech G933 wireless headset which has it's own Tx/Rx module (not Bluetooth) , with Teamspeak I was able to walk out of range of the Tx/Rx module and when I was back in range Teamspeak would automatically reconnect, it appears Discord is not able to. I least now I know and the sound quality with Discord is excellent.
social media is the tobacco of this century

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal