Xtreme Gaming Network

S19R6: Shanghai Race Post-Chat

Author Topic: S19R6: Shanghai Race Post-Chat  (Read 21962 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S19R6: Shanghai Race Post-Chat
« on: November 21, 2017, 06:16:53 PM »
RACE RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS

Penalties: Mael had passed Bacchulum and was just clear, but Bacchulum sped up a little and hit Mael, who was still on the racing line, in the rear corner, spinning him off the track and causing him to lose several positions. Because Bacchulum should have backed off a little once cleanly passed, a penalty is issued (an extra 25% restrictor).

Round Points
GT3
DC   26
Joe   18
Freezer   15
Aaron Thomas   12
RussG   10
ab156   8
Shayne   6
Gratulin   5
killagorilla   2
Shameless   1
Phil.8   0.5
rexology   0.5
Dave O   0.5
Rob   0

LMP1
Kcender87   25
Matthew111   18
Diehard   16
Mael   12
buellersdayoff   10
JamieP   8
Wally   6
Bacchulum   5
Seanus   0

Congratulations to DC and Kcender87on their class wins, and to Diehard and DC on their respective pole positions.

Season Podium
GT3
1. DC, 103
2. killagorilla, 93
3. Joe, 64

DC's continuing good form and killagorilla's 9th place finish sees DC move up into the championship lead. A 2nd place finish for Joe sees him jump from 5th to 3rd, leapfrogging Phil and Shayne on the standings.
Aaron Thomas managed to climb 3 spots to 9th, with a solid 4th place.

LMP1
1. Matthew111, 102
2. Kcender87, 93
3. Grat, 89

Grat's absence from this round sees him drop to 3rd, with Matthew and Kcender moving up a spot each.
Buellersdayoff and JamieP both climb a couple of places.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 11:05:16 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline diehard

• View Profile
Re: S19R6: Shanghai Race Post-Chat
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 09:56:43 PM »
Well that was fun until the server kicked me when I entered the pit lane. Was 3rd after Matthew and Kcender at the time. Rejoined the server and did the laps but looks like it put me in 20th  :(

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 10:10:02 PM »
Bugga diehard, custom track issue by the sounds of it.

I hadn't prepared much for this race then saved my setup in another track folder by accident but didn't know which one DOH.. found something suitable and did some quick changes from memory, didn't expect to do much for the race.. qual 3rd last and just kept behind rexology, settled in and we gave each other pressure all race on and off.. I pitted a lap earlier than rexology and by the time I came around again he was just leaving the pits so i was pressuring him again, finally passed and put in place defensive driving in the corners so he had to go around the outside. LMPs made it hard at times to stay on track but in all a good race.  Thanks rex, good close racing.

I still had 2nd gear maxed on the limit just to keep up, guessing my ratio was a little lower than the rest, by the time we got to the line there was a reasonable gap of about 4-5 car lengths. 
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 10:10:40 PM »
Think that was my worst race for many months.

First lap I misjudged the length of Bacchulums car spinning out on one of the long sweeping curbs. The after a decent recovery drive from about 30 minutes onward I started falling asleep as a number of the LMP encountered technical difficulties. This left me in the middle of nowhere with no-one to race  :'(   About 10 spins, two 10  second cutting penalties and toasted tires a recovering Diehard finally came and kept me company. That was until the last lap which when a loss of control caused another accident this time taking Diehard and a unknown GT3 out. Apologies guys.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 10:15:01 PM »
Started 5th in the GT3 cars having my best lap affected by an LMP squeezing past me pushing me off line. Phil got past me into T1 and I was close behind him for a while. I was getting loads of stuttering which was distracting me and I couldn't see why. My memory CPU and GPU usage seemed normal, but it is a pretty hot evening here so it could be time to update the cooling in my PC. I was also running Z1Dash for the first time with the AC app which provides it additional data so I did think maybe it was that, though I had no issue during the entire practice when it was running.

Had a good chase on Phil during most of the first half of the race until he had a coming together with Bacculum and I was able to get past. Russ was about 8 seconds in front and I spent a lot of time slowly chipping away at that gap when with around 20 mins to go passing LMP cars and his battle with Freezer had me close behind. Russ gave Freezer and small tap and spun himself giving me that spot. I then had some great laps right on Freezer's tail with Russ close behind. I had pace in corners but Freezer made that understeery boat hard to pass.

After several laps like this coming into the last tight hairpin my tyres were starting to go and when I braked I knew I was going to either be very close to, or give Freezer a tap from behind so I moved over to the inside to avoid that from happening. It was in no way a pass attempt, but Freezer took the corner pretty wide. Unsure if it was to give me room as at that point I had the car under control and wasn't intending on going up the inside until I saw the gap. That allowed me to get ahead and build up a bit of a gap to the GT cars behind finishing 2nd in the GT3s.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 10:16:50 PM »
Well that was fun until the server kicked me when I entered the pit lane. Was 3rd after Matthew and Kcender at the time. Rejoined the server and did the laps but looks like it put me in 20th  :(

I tried a stop in qually after hearing people say it kicked them back to the pits if you overran the pit lane. I went in really slow and still managed to do it. I guess in race in kicks you out rather than back to pits with a penalty  ???

Offline rexology

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 10:20:18 PM »
Great race Shameless!!! Not sure what happened with my mic, as it was working fine during practice, but not during the race. I could hear everyone but obviously nobody could hear me.....maybe a good thing  ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 10:23:21 PM »

I tried a stop in qually after hearing people say it kicked them back to the pits if you overran the pit lane. I went in really slow and still managed to do it. I guess in race in kicks you out rather than back to pits with a penalty  ???

Hmmmm... random discos are an "act of god", but I feel bad for a track issue kicking people, especially race leaders. I think I'll still award Matthew 2nd place and Diehard 3rd place, based on where they were when they were kicked, and lap times (still rewarding Kcender for winning the race).
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 10:35:45 PM »
. I was getting loads of stuttering which was distracting me and I couldn't see why. My memory CPU and GPU usage seemed normal, but it is a pretty hot evening here so it could be time to update the cooling in my PC. I was also running Z1Dash for the first time with the AC app which provides it additional data so I did think maybe it was that, though I had no issue during the entire practice when it was running.

That's the fall creator update, its crap, causes sssssstuttering, wont really notice it on practice server with only a few cars , lots of posts about it, Only way I can alleviate it is by using NVidia driver 388.00, but its still not the best, not even vsync or fast sync totally fixes it  would think I have a 960 not a 1080ti since that update :(
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1026749/geforce-drivers/window-10-fall-creators-update-feedback-thread/

All I can say id roll back if you can,  I unfortunately cant because I did a clean install with FCU included :(

The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 10:46:56 PM »
Results are up in the 1st post.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 10:57:20 PM »
Hmmmm... random discos are an "act of god", but I feel bad for a track issue kicking people, especially race leaders. I think I'll still award Matthew 2nd place and Diehard 3rd place, based on where they were when they were kicked, and lap times (still rewarding Kcender for winning the race).

Fair enough I think  :P

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2017, 11:00:40 PM »
Hey Wally, i think the results might be out.  I finished 3rd on track behind Joe yet am showing as 6th in the round points?

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2017, 11:04:37 PM »
Hey Wally, i think the results might be out.  I finished 3rd on track behind Joe yet am showing as 6th in the round points?

Yeah defiantly out i finished behind dc and Phil was a lap down

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2017, 11:05:53 PM »
Sorry, fixed. It was just the round points in that post (they were still from the week before).

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2017, 11:09:00 PM »
Sorry, fixed. It was just the round points in that post (they were still from the week before).
Thanks..

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal