Xtreme Gaming Network

Fall creator update

Author Topic: Fall creator update  (Read 6578 times)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
Fall creator update
« on: November 22, 2017, 02:25:20 PM »
It causes stuttering in games, It has something to do with game mode and what it does to full screen rendering,  google it, its too complex for me :)
anyway I have found a fix after a few weeks of annoyance .

You have to disable fullscreen optimization

It's easy. If you want to disable fullscreen optimization for just individual games, navigate to games .exe, right click > properties > compatibility > check "disable fullscreen optimizations."

If you want to disable it for games across the board, globally  (which is what I did), go to your general Windows settings (windows key > type "settings" > gaming > game bar > "record clips, screenshots..." OFF > UNCHECK "show game bar when I play fullscreen games microsoft has verified") restart the PC and try your game again in buttery smoothness :)

Note that you have to turn the game bar off AND uncheck "show game bar when I play..." Just doing one doesn't fully disable the overlay.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 02:27:59 PM by Phil.8 »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Fall creator update
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 02:51:49 PM »
Good tip, I had to use that one when the first creators update arrived, it gave me problems with gsync and stuttering.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 03:32:54 PM »
I think I did that in Window a while ago but maybe the latest creators update re-enabled it. Stutters were bad last night until the pack spread out.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 02:55:11 PM »
I'm on creators update (not fall, blocked by using the business channel updates) and today experienced major stutters and even a game crash. windoze decided to update my nvidia driver to 388.13 from 387.92 even though I had previously blocked device driver updates. We now have to block this in group policy editor https://www.howtogeek.com/302595/how-to-stop-windows-10-from-automatically-updating-hardware-drivers/ I'm going to try the 388.43 (latest @ 30/11/17) if there is still issues I'll go back to 387.92 using DDU. So annoying that this os keeps changing crap without our knowledge or consent, although wouldn't be an issue if it all worked properly.  :-\

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 03:17:01 PM »
Yeah it decided to update my driver while playing a game :(   I uninstalled with DDU and got it to do the registry change to stop hardware looking for updates because I don't have the group policy manager having only the home version 
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2017, 03:48:14 PM »
Yeah it decided to update my driver while playing a game :(   I uninstalled with DDU and got it to do the registry change to stop hardware looking for updates because I don't have the group policy manager having only the home version
Pain...388.43 seems ok after trying a couple of offline races

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2017, 04:01:29 PM »
But 387.92 had no issues?
I just looked and I'm running 382.33, so I should probably update to something newer. :-[ :-X

2+2=√16

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2017, 04:33:46 PM »
But 387.92 had no issues?
I just looked and I'm running 382.33, so I should probably update to something newer. :-[ :-X
Had roll back to 387.92 when the first few 388's arrived because they introduced stuttering and crap for me. 388.43 seems ok so far so I'll use it for now. Try either of those and see how it goes for you. But if you have no issues now you could probably leave it

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal