Xtreme Gaming Network

S19R7: Bahrain Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S19R7: Bahrain Post-Race Chat  (Read 10392 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S19R7: Bahrain Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2017, 11:11:33 PM »
This round was memorable for being pretty much an hour long battle with Bacchulum, with me chasing him for the most part. A few times, I passed under KERS but in stupid spots which saw me overshoot the next corner and run a bit wide, allowing Bacchulum to catch me again. After I fell back from him a bit and got caught up behind Mael who was struggling for pace on cold tyres, I decided to pit a few laps after Bacchulum. After both of our stops, I ended up in front, and with fresher tyres, but running wide into the sand on the second last corner saw me bog down and let Bacchulum past again. It was one of the more entertaining races.

Overall, I didn't think there was much close racing for me in the season, partly being as the LMP1s were spread out, and also that's more the nature of 1 hr races. I was expecting a little more dicing for position using the KERS, as we saw in the ealry practice race at Mugello. And passing GT3s... well, we managed to pull it off OK, but it was just more annoying than anything, driving an LMP1. It did introduce a bit of a strategic element,  having to think about where you were going to catch the GT3s, especially when there was another LMP1 with you, and also thinking about saving up KERS to pass slower cars by the time you reached them. The LMP1s were probably even more of a nuisance for the GT3s. But still, it was good to try our hand at multiclass racing for the first time.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2017, 11:35:41 PM »
"Not a single contact in the first lap", but turn 1 of lap two changed that.
I went for a dive down the inside of Joe who braked a bit early and I not only flew past him I started coming down the side of DC.
However he started tracking across from the far left I think to have a look at the inside of Aaron, but then Aaron turned in also.
This effectively squeezed me into the apex with no where to go and there was contact.  Trying to get untangled lost a bunch of spots
and then got going.  I was able to grab a few spots back before the first stop and then spent the second stint chasing Joe.  I was about
5 sec behind but couldn't close him down.  Love this track.  Had a fun season although the number of hits saw a solid result go begging!
Many thanks again Wally.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2017, 12:48:32 AM »
Nice season, all!

What can I say? I am pretty proud I missed the podium by only 2 points running just half the races. But I also fear I missed the biggest chance for a podium I'll ever have... :(

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2017, 07:22:34 AM »
Nice season, all!

What can I say? I am pretty proud I missed the podium by only 2 points running just half the races. But I also fear I missed the biggest chance for a podium I'll ever have... :(
Yes, if you were here for all races, it would have been yours, surely.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2017, 06:16:00 PM »
Thanks for the season wally once again, it all worked a lot better than i thought it would was good good fun new challenge :) its a shame grat and kcender couldnt make all the races. Grat had the porsche hooked up and deserved to win the season. In saying that i managed to get the toyota pretty good for the last couple of races especially last night, car was quick and stable and worked all race on the softs a big difference from how it started the season.

For the race well it all went to plan at the front nice and clean all race lol
do you even motorsports?

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2017, 01:11:43 PM »
Thanks everyone for the season. Despite lapping alone most of the time, I did enjoy driving the LMP1 cars. It was nice to be able to setup the car the way I wanted it to drive instead of adapting to the car and working out how to drive around the issues. I had a decent base setup by the Le Mans race and was just lacking in practice time with all but 1 round only having about 30 minutes to learn the track and find where to best use the KERS. Shanghai was definitely my best race as I like the track and actually had about 1.5 hours to practice. That seemed to be enough to gain the 1 to 1.5 secs I was lacking otherwise. My consistency is also getting better but still have some brain fade late in the races from time to time.

Thanks again to everyone and sorry for those I caused problems with. Congrats to the winners and of course my team-mate KCender for this run. At least one of us was getting results

Bring on season 20

Offline Shayne

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2017, 03:33:24 PM »
Thanks Wally, another great season.

I thought I had a good feel for the lambo and felt that I started well in the season but as we proceeded through, I found myself having to keep making changes to the car and wishing I had gone with something like the nissan instead.
What I really struggled with was finding a good compromise in setting up my gears. Too short and I could be hitting the limiter when in a draft, too long and I won't be getting up to speed as fast as I could.
Also, during the practice run before the season. I felt very comfortable in the lambo, really felt like I could drive more aggressively then many of the other cars and it was also fast. I never had doubts until about half way through the season and then started getting quite nervous about keeping the back end planted.

The last race of the season was still a lot of fun, in hindsight I probably should of put a bit more aero on but I thought I had plenty since my rear wing was at 7.

[youtube]AdNQcHoJblE[/youtube]

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2017, 03:52:27 PM »
I found myself having to keep making changes to the car and wishing I had gone with something like the nissan instead

Perhaps that was your issue. I ran stock setup every race. Just adjusted top gear and tyre pressures. For this race I was hitting the limiter in 6th before my brake marker into T1 but it made the rest of the lap quicker.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal