Xtreme Gaming Network

S25R1: SunBank 24 at Daytona Road Course

Author Topic: S25R1: SunBank 24 at Daytona Road Course  (Read 62194 times)

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
Re: S25R1: SunBank 24 at Daytona Road Course
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2018, 09:19:37 PM »
Seems like AC fails miserably as a sim in this case :-) I can't believe it reflects what's happening in the real world. Not sure if I got that right, but based on Wally's response slowing down refueling speed is not possible. The problem is, if you lose let's say 50s in the pits it will set you back a lot more just because you have to make your way through the field overtaking others in order to get back to the rear bumper of the C9 you were chasing before you went into the pits. No idea what factor you can apply there...it's very individual, but it's probably not unrealistic to say that there can be cases where the 50s increase significantly just because you get stuck in traffic.
I still think these series with multiple cars to choose from are good now and again and make things more interesting...will never be perfect.
Working out a restrictor to compensate for that must be extremely difficult, it just doesn't get to the actual problem.
Ok, this is a joke...easy fix - we just let the C9's start the race 40s...50s...60s later than all others  ;D
I'm pretty relaxed about this...will stick with the Mazda. Just think it's poor what AC has done there.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 09:24:13 PM by killagorilla »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2018, 10:10:23 PM »
Seems like AC fails miserably as a sim in this case :-) I can't believe it reflects what's happening in the real world. Not sure if I got that right, but based on Wally's response slowing down refueling speed is not possible. The problem is, if you lose let's say 50s in the pits it will set you back a lot more just because you have to make your way through the field overtaking others in order to get back to the rear bumper of the C9 you were chasing before you went into the pits. No idea what factor you can apply there...it's very individual, but it's probably not unrealistic to say that there can be cases where the 50s increase significantly just because you get stuck in traffic.
I still think these series with multiple cars to choose from are good now and again and make things more interesting...will never be perfect.
Working out a restrictor to compensate for that must be extremely difficult, it just doesn't get to the actual problem.
Ok, this is a joke...easy fix - we just let the C9's start the race 40s...50s...60s later than all others  ;D
I'm pretty relaxed about this...will stick with the Mazda. Just think it's poor what AC has done there.
Well, to be fair, who's to say that's not what the cars were like in real life? The C9 is the LeMans version - maybe that car refuelled a lot quicker. Who knows?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2018, 10:34:10 PM »
You know what? It's all too hard. Each car has a different fuel economy, so needs a differing amount of fuel for the whole race, which already means that each car has to spend a different amount of times in pits. On top of that, each car already has strengths and weaknesses at different tracks.

So I think the fairest approach will be that anyone who wants to change into another car at the halfway point of the season, can. If someone feels like they've been hard done by, by their pitstop time, they can change into another car (and "pay" 5 championship points for the privilege). You might be trading off pitstop time for something else like ease of driving, handling etc... the choice and the gamble is yours.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2018, 10:45:22 PM »
Just set the fuel multiplier to one or off and have compulsory pitstops for tyres only.

Screw that, Kcender ran soft soft soft anyway so just leave pitstops out of the equation altogether.
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2018, 10:52:34 PM »
I'm happy to leave the cars as they are ... but looks like the Short Tail will need 3 stops at Sebring.
I'm using 9.68L per lap. I'm calculating I will need minimum 305L to finish. Full tank = 99L, so 3 stopper or fuel saving.
As ab said, the main thing in this series is really about your class. All I'm aiming for is to be at the pointy end of the Short Tails. It's just fun to drive  :D
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 15, 2018, 11:07:36 PM »
I'm happy to leave the cars as they are ... but looks like the Short Tail will need 3 stops at Sebring.
I'm using 9.68L per lap. I'm calculating I will need minimum 305L to finish. Full tank = 99L, so 3 stopper or fuel saving.
As ab said, the main thing in this series is really about your class. All I'm aiming for is to be at the pointy end of the Short Tails. It's just fun to drive  :D
Happy to leave it also!  Just did a few laps the the C9 is a huge handful to drive . . so you can have it!  :)

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2018, 12:29:24 AM »
Happy to leave it also!  Just did a few laps the the C9 is a huge handful to drive . . so you can have it!  :)

Ok going with Freezer on this, the Merc guys took a gamble on the most difficult car to drive. If it pays off then good on them  :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2018, 07:41:58 AM »
That's interesting, in my own testing I was using 8.7l per lap. Have you changed the gearing much from default?

Offline Ablearcher83

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2018, 07:55:00 AM »

I went with the C9 because it was a hand full, I'm hoping to learn a few things!

The shortail  is on rails, puts down its power with no fuss, 100% @ apex sure no problem. Stops staight and true.
The longtail is almost on rails, puts down its power with no fuss unless your in second and mash the go pedal. Stops straight and true.
The Wankelx4 is on rails, puts down its power with out fuss unless your in the upper rev range. Stops straight and true. Has great bug eye mirrors.
The C9 goes like Drunken Monkey Sex! in a straight line. Is on ice throught the corners, putting down power is like disarming a nuke, and then needs an extra 50-100m to pull up. You also have to deal with s/l tails and wankels running up the back due to early brake marker.

It will make for a intersting season.

Also Put Kcender in Model T and he would still be running rings aroung me.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 07:58:55 AM by Ablearcher83 »
Intoxicated by the exubrance of my own verlocity

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2018, 07:59:03 AM »
OK, I've made the fuel multiplier 1.5x. I like the fuel multiplier, as opposed to just leaving it 1x, as it mixes up the pit windows that each car has, so you don't get everyone pitting at the same time, and also gives the more economical but harder to drive cars more pitstop flexibility.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2018, 08:14:34 AM »
Just set the fuel multiplier to one or off and have compulsory pitstops for tyres only.

Screw that, Kcender ran soft soft soft anyway so just leave pitstops out of the equation altogether.

That's actually a great idea...just take fuel out of the equation by reducing the multiplier. We just change tyres and it's all good :-)
Btw I ran all 3 stints on soft's as well. Had a very tidy race...no accidents and got lapped.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2018, 08:46:42 AM »
Well in hindsight I think any car could do it on softs, 20 minutes on softs is not a big ask w/o the tyre wear multiplied as well IMO.

Btw, have you seen GzeroD's post in the other thread?  I think he points to the cause of the fuel fill, and the potential simple fix (and if I read it right, it's in the car file?)
http://xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=2407.msg47029#msg47029
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 08:49:06 AM by Bird »

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2018, 08:58:30 AM »
That's interesting, in my own testing I was using 8.7l per lap. Have you changed the gearing much from default?
Had to change the gearing quite a bit. With default it never got out of 4th. I also find for some reason I usually use a bit more fuel than other people. Would like to hear from other Short Tail pilots.
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2018, 09:21:39 AM »

I went with the C9 because it was a hand full, I'm hoping to learn a few things!

The shortail  is on rails, puts down its power with no fuss, 100% @ apex sure no problem. Stops staight and true.
The longtail is almost on rails, puts down its power with no fuss unless your in second and mash the go pedal. Stops straight and true.
The Wankelx4 is on rails, puts down its power with out fuss unless your in the upper rev range. Stops straight and true. Has great bug eye mirrors.
The C9 goes like Drunken Monkey Sex! in a straight line. Is on ice throught the corners, putting down power is like disarming a nuke, and then needs an extra 50-100m to pull up. You also have to deal with s/l tails and wankels running up the back due to early brake marker.

It will make for a intersting season.

Also Put Kcender in Model T and he would still be running rings aroung me.
Ha ha, good summary of the cars :)

@Bird, that means modding encrypted KS content, more downloads, checksum errors, cars all blandly the same... fuggedaboutit.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2018, 09:22:01 AM »
Had to change the gearing quite a bit. With default it never got out of 4th. I also find for some reason I usually use a bit more fuel than other people. Would like to hear from other Short Tail pilots.

Interesting, I've shortened the gears, too, but more for better usability of 3rd on some corners.  I did get out of 4th on the straights, although not much.   However, I do not remember my fuel usage exactly.  I think I got close to 10 laps out of a tank.

Wally:
That's OK, Wally, I wasn't sure what it really is :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal