Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 2: Adelaide 1989 Race Chat

Author Topic: Round 2: Adelaide 1989 Race Chat  (Read 18624 times)

Offline ninja469

• View Profile
Re: Round 2: Adelaide 1989 Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2014, 01:23:01 AM »
I'm very sorry for causing so many incidents tonight guys.
I'm not sure what the problem is, but will stop racing if you guys want me too.
That's why I start at the back so I don't ruin anyones race.
Sorry again guys, :(

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2014, 07:28:06 AM »

Tell us about your connection and your ISP, and maybe we can help you improve your connection. As I said on the night, your ping itself is generally not too bad.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2014, 07:57:25 AM »
I went from following you up the back straight to suddenly flying through the sky...... :)
I wouldn't want you to stop racing Ninja, but it would be good to work out why its happening.
I recently played when my internet was slowed (over quota) and it still ran ok so I dont think you need super
internet speed to play so maybe its a PC spec issue.....??

Offline ninja469

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2014, 01:41:22 PM »
I'm going to reinstall netkar, I just copied the folder from the old pc, so it might be a registry setting.
Other than  that I don't know, it works fine in other race sims.
I don't want to wreck the races for the rest of you, sorry :'( 

Online Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2014, 04:23:12 PM »
A good night, considering I had low concentration and slow reactions.

Are you with Bigpond Ninja?
When I first started here I had warping issues as well.
What fixed it was changing my ISP settings from 'standard' to 'fast'.
I didn't change the plan or speed, just a setting, and I haven't had an issue since.
(other sims worked fine before, it was just nKPro that needed the change)
I'm not sure if other ISP's have a feature like this or not, but it might be worth checking. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline ninja469

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2014, 04:38:44 PM »
I'm on a fast setting now, I think it's to do with the new pc and the network setup.
I'm working on it :) hopefully I can sort it out soon  :-[

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2014, 07:12:17 PM »
First of all, thanks for the racing blokes. Still good to see you're a bunch of competitive, but friendly guys to race with.

My races: Lordy lordy, that was as bad as the first race night I had a couple of years ago.  :)
Sorry for any issues I may have caused by not being able to drive with real folks again.

I wasn't sure where I'd be with the setup I had and it was great for doing solo laps, but I needed to have a good get away and clean track.
Having not done a start for a while I was shithouse off the line and missed a couple of changes up. It put me back in the traffic and I couldn't get off corners well enough to set up passes so it went from bad to worse.

The last race I finally got a decent start from last on the rid and thought I might be able to have a decent race but something happened with the Ninja and a couple of others and we came to a dead stop.  I thought it was funny, but then again I was already last.   ;D

Ninja, your line quality might be bad. You could ring up and get them to check your line.

Darren

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2014, 08:18:09 PM »
Was a close call on Tims penalty But it's done. ::)
Doobs good to have you back, I had a chuckle to myself when you overshot some corners  ::)
Ninja don't leave >:(
Overall for me another average night for me. R3 will little ballast helped get a 3rd
I have to get faster (or you jokers slow down)

Offline Mopz

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2014, 09:40:23 PM »
First of all, thanks for the racing blokes. Still good to see you're a bunch of competitive, but friendly guys to race with.

My races: Lordy lordy, that was as bad as the first race night I had a couple of years ago.  :)
Sorry for any issues I may have caused by not being able to drive with real folks again.

I wasn't sure where I'd be with the setup I had and it was great for doing solo laps, but I needed to have a good get away and clean track.
Having not done a start for a while I was shithouse off the line and missed a couple of changes up. It put me back in the traffic and I couldn't get off corners well enough to set up passes so it went from bad to worse.

The last race I finally got a decent start from last on the rid and thought I might be able to have a decent race but something happened with the Ninja and a couple of others and we came to a dead stop.  I thought it was funny, but then again I was already last.   ;D

Ninja, your line quality might be bad. You could ring up and get them to check your line.

Darren

Yeah you obviously have some serious pace. Your quali times were great, just seemed to get caught up in traffic... Easy enough to do.... Welcome back!
Poor Mr Ninja we will get to the bottom of it.... no way we will let you leave without trying everything! I know how much you enjoy it!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal