Xtreme Gaming Network

Poll: Car for season 2

Poll

Which open wheeler do you want to drive in season 2?

Lotus 49
6 (27.3%)
Ferrari 312T
1 (4.5%)
Formula Abarth
10 (45.5%)
Lotus Exos T125
5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Poll: Car for season 2  (Read 39634 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Poll: Car for season 2
« on: June 29, 2014, 06:00:20 PM »
Season 2 will be an open wheeler season. Vote for a car. I don't think the Lotus 98T will be ready in time, and may be too feral for league racing (maybe later).

We can have some fun runs in any of these cars if people want, and you can then change your vote.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 06:04:00 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Poll: Car for season 2
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 09:33:58 PM »
I WANT THE 98T!!!!!!!
 :P

Seriously, I love the 312T but voted for the Tatuus (is that plural for tATu? ???) 'cause it should be more forgiving.
I think most of us are still coming to grips with AC so it should keep the field more bunched.

(and I just finished a paint job for it ;D)

2+2=√16

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 07:47:48 AM »
Is there any chance we could have a break for a couple of weeks between season 1 and 2 Wally?  The rest of my life is starting to feel neglected!

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 08:15:42 AM »

(and I just finished a paint job for it ;D)

That's what I'm doing right now. Sorting out sponsors and paint colour.

Is there any chance we could have a break for a couple of weeks between season 1 and 2 Wally?  The rest of my life is starting to feel neglected!

It's ok Guybrush. you take some time out. I'll look after your points!

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 08:54:25 AM »
Bummer.

Guys, I can see the FAbarth pulling forwards;  but just think about it: it's too forgiving. 
It's not a car to learn new tricks with, it's a car to get sloppy with.  You can get away with nearly anything.   

I don't recommend it at all.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 08:57:37 AM »
Not being an open wheeler pundit and I couldn't find any of the following...
[youtube]uZesmtKZGSw[/youtube]
I will refrain from voting and wait until AC add these to the stable!  8)
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 09:23:09 AM »
Bummer.

Guys, I can see the FAbarth pulling forwards;  but just think about it: it's too forgiving. 
It's not a car to learn new tricks with, it's a car to get sloppy with.  You can get away with nearly anything.   

Think of it as a start though, learning to get to grips with this as a training car (as it is in real life) before graduating to the likes of more advanced open wheelers.  There's plenty of time to work our way up to that Exos S1 and perhaps by then we will have Spa and some other good modded tracks :)

I see RSR have announced a Formel 3 mod and are working closely with one of the teams.  That might be a good next step after the Tatuus.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 09:50:19 AM »
I normally have a break for a week or two, with a fun run in something completely different, and a familiarisation race in the next season's car.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2014, 11:09:40 AM »
Bummer.

Think of it as a start though, learning to get to grips with this as a training car (as it is in real life) before graduating to the likes of more advanced open wheelers.  There's plenty of time to work our way up to that Exos S1 and perhaps by then we will have Spa and some other good modded tracks :)

I see RSR have announced a Formel 3 mod and are working closely with one of the teams.  That might be a good next step after the Tatuus.

But that's the point; it's not as good a learning car as the F1600 was in nkp, it has wings and lots of setup options, and - most importantly - it's extremely forgiving.   Nothing like the F1600.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 12:53:42 PM by Bird »

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2014, 11:26:57 AM »
Bummer.

But that's the point; it's not as good a learning car as the FF16000 was in nkp, it has wings and lots of setup options, and - most importantly - it's extremely forgiving.   Nothing like the F1600.

I never raced NKP.  Was the F1600 a Formula Ford? That would be great in AC... hopefully Kunos have their eye on doing one themselves.

I don't think the Tatuus is any more forgiving than the E30 though if you are driving it at the limit.  Personally I think any of the winged open wheelers are harder to drive at the limit because once you step over the line they usually snap and you end up either in the gravel or loosing a bucket of time trying to re-stabilise them.  Most of the road cars give you a bit more room to catch a slide, etc.  But horses for courses and all that...  I do see where you are coming from though as up until you over-step the limit the FA is quite a stable car.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2014, 12:56:16 PM »
Yeah it was a no-frills 1600cc open wheeler, no wings, street tyres.  I believe it was based on the formula ford, especially likely since there was an F1800 - the 1800cc version with a bit more options, like better tires - looked like a modern, upscaled version of it.   

They both were a real handful if you did not treat them exactly as you should...ask anyone :)  And this is why I loved racing them, they always made you toe the line.  You always had to be mindful of your driving style. 

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2014, 01:29:28 PM »

I normally have a break for a week or two, with a fun run in something completely different, and a familiarisation race in the next season's car.
You could just be slower Guybrush :) ;)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2014, 01:30:59 PM »
I concur Bird, I think the best racing/driving I have done was in the 1600s. For me the lack of speed gave me time to ensure I did get things right/better.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2014, 02:48:53 PM »

You could just be slower Guybrush :) ;)

It's the car setup that takes all the time.  Especially when you're not completely experienced with it like me and for some things it's a bit of trial-and-error.

Besides all that though, someone has to get close enough to Darren to knock him off the track! ;)

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2014, 11:08:33 AM »
I really liked the feel of the Tatuus. The 49 is far to hard to get back under control once it's lost traction. For me anyway.
Besides I've done a skin for the Tatuus that I know will make me go faster.

I'd like to see a few road-car seasons. Where we are all in cars that have limited adjustment.
I'd also like to see an open track day where you can show up in any car. Or maybe limited to certain power output.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal