Xtreme Gaming Network

ARSE challenge.

Author Topic: ARSE challenge.  (Read 66695 times)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Re: ARSE challenge.
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2014, 11:47:41 AM »
race for us, f@ck ARSE! :D

Didn't know you were a Greek sailor!
:D
Thanks goodness the Romans introduced women to love!  ;D
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline DarrenM

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2014, 12:35:12 PM »
What does Darren count, though? :)

Shit, I'll probably have to start doing some practice, then...it won't do to rock up and learn the combo on the night.

Darren's definitely XGN, as are you :)

Hate to disappoint you but I've been an ARSE man for too long to change my ways now :)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2014, 12:38:01 PM »
ok, then, we just need to implement a proper balancing scheme, Wally can come up with the methodology...we can still win! :)

here's an example:
we got the cars in order slowest to fastest, we assign one car to each letter of the alphabet in order.
Then we assign the cars to drivers based on their team's name's first letter to the matching car.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 12:39:44 PM by Bird »

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2014, 01:16:50 PM »
put me in on the XGN side,if that is possible :o,

.....ok bird what about same cars with a fixed setup? The best hands win!! As simple as that.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 01:21:36 PM by Simone »

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2014, 01:28:25 PM »
ok, then, we just need to implement a proper balancing scheme, Wally can come up with the methodology...we can still win! :)

here's an example:
we got the cars in order slowest to fastest, we assign one car to each letter of the alphabet in order.
Then we assign the cars to drivers based on their team's name's first letter to the matching car.

I reckon XGN still have some very fast drivers in Guy, YSU and Marty and quite a few consistent drivers to match...... no need to handicap, just a strategist is required. Someone to smash out and Darren and Job is done ;D

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2014, 01:58:16 PM »
Could divide drivers into 2 classes based on known performance and award double points to class 2 drivers. That way you can run a normal race but the winning team is based on aggregate points for each team.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2014, 02:18:25 PM »

here's an example:

I reckon XGN still have some very fast drivers in Guy, YSU and Marty and quite a few consistent drivers to match...... no need to handicap, just a strategist is required. Someone to smash out and Darren and Job is done ;D
Someone's calling your name, Dick. :P

2+2=√16

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2014, 02:21:56 PM »
put me in on the XGN side,if that is possible :o,
.....ok bird what about same cars with a fixed setup? The best hands win!! As simple as that.
Hey, nice to see you coming out of the woodwork!  I hope you're as fast in AC as you were in iRacing - and GTL!  Then we may still put a winner team together ;)
Fixed setup: can't enforce it  & does not give us any advantage.  Not good :)

I reckon XGN still have some very fast drivers
That's not the point, is it!  Winning must be ensured at all costs! :D
Besides, not sure if you've seen the fast chaps on the other side...they're humming around ARSE like a swarm of green flies!

Offline norbs

• View Profile
    • Non Pro Cycling
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2014, 02:27:28 PM »
I have no idea what the skill levels of the XGN guys is like, but there are a few handy steerers at ARSE. Should make for a fun competition.

I will be in touch soon Wally.
ARSE, cyclist and midget wrangler.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2014, 03:31:14 PM »
I have no idea what the skill levels of the XGN guys is like, but there are a few handy steerers at ARSE. Should make for a fun competition.

I will be in touch soon Wally.

Definitely, it'll be fun :) 

Touch ARSE soon!

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2014, 04:07:56 PM »
In picking the top 12 some members may think the selection is based on a popularity contest, I know it wouldn't be but it's best to avoid people thinking that.

To ensure all members have an equal chance the top 12 should be picked after a qualifying session is run, it doesn't have to be on the night of the race and would make more sense if it was run a week before the event.

Also basing the decision on past session results might not be "fair". We don't have all the regular people always making each night and some players might not be good with one car as they are with another.

I know personally I didn't put in much practice on the lotus league and didn't care what result I got but I did put in a crap load of time in the DTMs and group A's.

I like the idea about mixed league racing, the more the better but I do hope all attempts are made to make it not feel elitist.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2014, 05:59:26 PM »
There is only one goal: to beat ARSE, and that means fielding our best team. Fear not, it won't be a frequent event, I'm sure.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2014, 06:28:07 PM »
At the risk of sounding like an ARSE licker - I think it should be a captasins pick team. You guys know the XGN racers the best and also know who you would like to have covering your ARSE.

Was that one too many ARSE   :-[ :-[

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2014, 06:38:53 PM »
At the risk of sounding like an ARSE licker - I think it should be a captasins pick team. You guys know the XGN racers the best and also know who you would like to have covering your ARSE.

Was that one too many ARSE   :-[ :-[

I have stats for everything ;)
There's also RSR times to consider as a guideline.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2014, 07:01:55 PM »
Perhaps one of the new cars like the Mercedes GT or La Fez?

I'd be up for it, although I don't know how competitive I'd be at the moment.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal