Xtreme Gaming Network

New version of my track cutting app

Author Topic: New version of my track cutting app  (Read 13893 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
New version of my track cutting app
« on: November 21, 2014, 11:36:33 PM »
I've made changes, added lots of stuff... download the new version 0.3 and read about it here:
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/a-pit-lane-penalty-app-for-repeated-track-cutting.17852/

I'd like to get as many people using it as possible at Mugello. I'll most likely mandate it the round after that.

It's more for immersion (i.e. the fear in the back of your mind that you might get a drive-thru if you cut too much), rather than because I think anyone is seriously cutting the track too much.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: New version of my track cutting app
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 06:59:15 AM »
Does it use the same lines as RSR for track cutting?

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 07:12:31 AM »
downloaded

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 08:38:31 AM »
Does it use the same lines as RSR for track cutting?
No. It uses what the game reports as the number of wheels out of the track at any point.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 01:21:07 PM »
May I suggest versioning the download file itself? :)
Downloaded

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 02:35:32 PM »
Downloaded.  Ran around Mugello and sure enough, higher speed cuts registered and on the fourth a drive through which I was able to clear with a run through the pits.  Well done Wally.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 04:13:51 PM »
May I suggest versioning the download file itself? :)
Downloaded
Good idea.

Downloaded.  Ran around Mugello and sure enough, higher speed cuts registered and on the fourth a drive through which I was able to clear with a run through the pits.  Well done Wally.
Great. It's fairly conservative, so it errs on under-warning rather than over-warning. At a track like Mugello, I wouldn't really expect too many people to get warnings. It's more likely to be tracks where there are chicanes that are easily accidentally cut.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: New version of my track cutting app (V0.4 released)
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 10:42:23 AM »
I've put up version 0.4 here: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/a-pit-lane-penalty-app-for-repeated-track-cutting.17852

The app now checks that you've taken your penalty within 3 laps. It tells you how many laps left for you to take your penalty.
Version 0.4 released in first post. The app now checks that you've taken your penalty within 3 laps (configurable). It tells you how many laps left for you to take your penalty. It doesn't enforce anything if you don't take your penalty, but logs enough information that an admin can take action, like disqualify the driver from the results if they want.Version 0.4 released in first post. The app now checks that you've taken your penalty within 3 laps (configurable). It tells you how many laps left for you to take your penalty. It doesn't enforce anything if you don't take your penalty, but logs enough information that an admin can take action, like disqualify the driver from the results if they want.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2014, 11:44:54 AM »
I've put up version 0.4 here: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/a-pit-lane-penalty-app-for-repeated-track-cutting.17852

The app now checks that you've taken your penalty within 3 laps. It tells you how many laps left for you to take your penalty.
Version 0.4 released in first post. The app now checks that you've taken your penalty within 3 laps (configurable). It tells you how many laps left for you to take your penalty. It doesn't enforce anything if you don't take your penalty, but logs enough information that an admin can take action, like disqualify the driver from the results if they want.Version 0.4 released in first post. The app now checks that you've taken your penalty within 3 laps (configurable). It tells you how many laps left for you to take your penalty. It doesn't enforce anything if you don't take your penalty, but logs enough information that an admin can take action, like disqualify the driver from the results if they want.

Also description tells you 3 times about the 3 laps to simplify things.  ;D

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2014, 12:16:22 PM »
Have you implemented the 3 lap thing yet Wally? ???

:P :P

2+2=√16

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2014, 12:37:18 PM »
I've been thinking about this app a lot after downloading it and testing it quite rigorously.  I think there needs to be some sort of pre-defined limit in terms of laps where you must enter the pit lane and exit as per normal process.  I think 3 laps would be a good limit.  This should be something that is checked by the app IMO.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2014, 12:55:52 PM »
Lord only knows what happened to my post! It just went like a normal post...

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2014, 01:25:46 PM »
Are you going to add some code to your Log Parse so we can see the laps people running the app and also when cuts are made or penalties given.

Would be good to have some Icon next to a players name showing app is running and how many cuts/penalties were given. I dont think this is too big an issue at Mugello as there is no benefit to cuts at that track but at Monza it will be quite interesting.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2014, 02:58:41 PM »
Yep, it's on the to do list.

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2014, 03:10:14 PM »
Would be useful to add the 50km slowdown on anyone who hasn't taken it in time? Can you do that with the app?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal