Xtreme Gaming Network

S30R1 - Red Bull Ring (Oct 1)

Author Topic: S30R1 - Red Bull Ring (Oct 1)  (Read 19486 times)

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
Re: S30R1 - Red Bull Ring (Oct 1)
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2019, 02:13:21 PM »
I suspect the super softs should last the entire stint here...if one;s right foot it well controlled :P

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2019, 11:26:21 PM »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2019, 07:08:05 AM »
I suspect the super softs should last the entire stint here...if one;s right foot it well controlled :P
I'd like to see that :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2019, 11:17:57 AM »

Challenge accepted

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2019, 03:00:41 PM »
Wally, when will sign-up be closed? I did some practice last night with the intention of signing up after but forgot.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2019, 03:53:01 PM »
Wally, when will sign-up be closed? I did some practice last night with the intention of signing up after but forgot.

Nissan on hard tires for you  ;D

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2019, 03:53:34 PM »

Nissan on hard tires for you  ;D

Shush... I would do it from work but don't have my GUID here

Edit: The thought of the Nissan scared me enough to search though my messages and find my GUID  :P
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 03:59:36 PM by Joe »

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2019, 04:02:08 PM »

I have not done a lap on them yet, I just presumed they would melt after a lap or 2
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2019, 04:25:58 PM »
About 6:00 Eastern, when I generate the entry list. But I see you're signed up now.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2019, 06:34:39 PM »
Server's up.

Online Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2019, 10:11:04 PM »

Challenge accepted
Bull shitter

8)

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2019, 10:38:58 PM »
Results are up in the 1st post.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2019, 11:06:10 PM »
The camera that is your 'eyes' can't be off by 10 degrees as it doesn't matter where you put the driver, even facing backwards his 'eyes' are always facing forward.
If you mean the default view seems to be offset to the right a little then adjust that using the 'onboard settings' app.
My steering wheel is out of centre by approx 10deg, but the car is going straight. I never noticed something like that with any other car and I checked if the wheel is centered in the simucube firmware.
So I have to steer (I think) left to go straight.

Make sure all the toe settings are symmetrical in your setup. I once spend a hours fuming over a car not driving straight, reinstalling wheel drivers the lot. Only to realize the setup was the problem.

Haha...yeah, you're right...messed up the toe settings. Congrats on your win tonight - great job.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2019, 06:48:51 AM »
I was doing alright in race 1, up in 4th, but in the latter stages I had some really loose laps and rapidly lost 4 spots. The worst moment was when I got too close to Freezer and locked up the brakes trying not to hit him, and veered off the track into a barrier. In race 2, I probably should have joined the masses on super softs  :-X

The lap times are interesting in the race results. You can see that a lot of people on SS tyres had their best laps on about lap 14, with the lap times best later in the race, while the softs peaked a bit earlier but stayed more consistent. I definitely felt in both races that on softs, I was getting caught and hassled later in the race.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2019, 06:56:23 AM »
Had some really good racing there, starting from the back with a focus of looking after the ss tyres and not upsetting anyone I really enjoyed myself, felt like a supercars driver lol. Applying plenty pressure seemed to make a few crack and vice versa but luckily no major spins for me, some side by side with a few too, one good one with DaveO was a stand out. I just used Bacchulums set and didn't worry about any of that either, very good. Thanks guys

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal