Xtreme Gaming Network

S23R1: Salzburgring Post Race Chat

Author Topic: S23R1: Salzburgring Post Race Chat  (Read 12502 times)

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
Re: S23R1: Salzburgring Post Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2018, 11:17:16 AM »
Sorry to Kcender for the nudge in race two, I honestly didn't think you'd slow down that much after seeing you take about 5 cars under brakes around back section...with cold tyres...ballsy.

Lol all good mate - I made enough mistakes of my own so it kinda just blended in :P Ballsy / lucky - I kinda stuck the car there as a result of it being the only car sized gap to put the thing when it wasnt pulling up under cold tyres !

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2018, 11:48:22 AM »

In races 2 and 3 I got either nudged off the track from behind (I haven't seen the replay, so I can't comment on that one), or got caught up in someone's bingle with the last set of tyre bundles, which saw me drop a heap of positions. Another oversteer spin out of the chicane didn't help the cause either. But then it was fun being able to regain several positions.

I was one of the entangled ones in race 2 T1 chicane but felt a bit hard done by, was a fair passing opportunity in my book. So it should be interesting to see a replay  :)

Overall had a very good night considering my pace was a bit on the slow part, got lucky with a lot of other drivers mistakes and/or bad luck including my team mate's race 3 misery. Plus had the privilege of watching Jeremy and AB's battle in race 3, very entertaining guys!

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2018, 11:53:23 AM »
Thanks Phil and Denis.

STEAM confirmed that my a/c had been hacked!

By the time I got up this morning it had been fixed. I just needed to jump through several hoops to confirm. All in all very pleased with their service.

A timely reminder that nothing on the internet is ever totally secure and vigilance is always needed.
Great news Rob :) :)

yep good news
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2018, 11:58:08 AM »
Short version... excellent racing in all 3 races.  Notably with Jeremy, Mael, Phil and others I will have forgotten.

Had some great slipstream battles down the back straightaway and much respect shown at the chicane. This resulted in many passes for position with really tight racing but no material contact.  I think I may have inadvertently balked Jeremy at T1 on a few occasions,  not deliberate.

A bit dirty at myself for throwing away positions in the last 2 laps of the 3rd race.  The first time I was alone and I go and throw it off the track. Cost 3 positions in the only error of the night. 

Oh, and need to work on my bloody starts.  Guaranteed 3 position loss every time.

When I first tried the car I had reservations,  I was definitely in the Porsche camp but if last night is an indicator for this season it is going to be a crackerjack series. Will be interesting to see how the car performs on different types of tracks.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2018, 06:54:38 PM »
For some reason I couldn't break or barely match the 1.20.5 I had in practice then suddenly in qual I found an extra 0.7 from somewhere!
Race one was great battling with Kcender for a handful of the early laps and managed to come home in a rare 2nd spot.
Race two was less eventful but again managed a 2nd.  Race three unfortunately was far less successful after being tagged by Jeremy under brakes into
turn one which speared me off into the tyres.  Car was pretty stuffed and required a stop which saw me come home basically last.
The high's and low's of racing . . . was looking to be one of my best rounds in a long, long time!

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2018, 09:54:08 PM »
What can I say ....
Disaster
Disaster
Disaster ...

Qualified OK in 7th I think.
Race 1: About lap 3 or 4 I very lightly brushed the tyre bundle at the entry to the T1 chicane which sent me into the sand and the car gently rested against one of the tyres on the side of the track. The car stuck to the tyre. I tried to get it off for some time, then ecaped to pits. Rejoined midpack but a lap down ...
Race 2: Avoided all the shananigans going on into T1, then as I powered up, turned into one of the tyres on the side of the track. The car stuck to the tyre. I tried to get it off for some time, then ecaped to pits. Didn't try as long this time and rejoined 60+ secs down .....
Race 3: Avoided all the shananigans going on into T1, then as I powered up, turned into one of the tyres on the side of the track. The car stuck to the tyre. Just as I was about to escape to pits again, the car pulled away from the tyre, but still rejoined well down ....

All incidents were my fault, but the car shouldn't stick to the tyres .
One to forget for me ....

Onward to the next round :)
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline keithsgillan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2018, 10:27:07 PM »
If last night was anything to go by, I'm really looking forward to the battles that will come from this series. Thanks for the shout out Wally, that was great racing. I think it must be one of the only times I've managed a Busiest, Hunter, or Hunted accolade and I got a mix of them in race 2 & 3.

I was surprised at that I placed equal 10th for the round. At 8:20pm I started to download the track, requiring time to have some tucker I didn't start qually till roughly 8:35pm and 4 laps later we're all diving into turn 1 in race 1.

A few disappointing own goals during the night put a slight damper on the round but it seems to be a great car that generates very close racing. Bring it on.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2018, 06:21:34 AM »
I mentioned the other night that my password needed to be reset almost daily. Then tonight STEAM notified me that a new phone number had been added to my Account. Definitely not mine, so sounded a bit suss.

Tried to delete new phone # from Account and now I have to submit a whole lot of info to prove its my account before they will look at it. No big deal as I only have AC and Project Cars.
If you haven't already, set up a steam guard within the mobile app. Just a two factor authentication thing

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2018, 07:53:37 AM »
Thanks for the heads-up Bueller.

Yep, it was the first thing I did AFTER getting my account back. I WAS living in the "it will never happen to me" world. Not anymore!!

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2018, 08:24:32 PM »
I didn't get an opportunity to practice at all and only downloaded the track with 15 minutes of practice left. Lucky there were only about four corners to learn.
Race 1 was okay but the first chicken was a little tough with the bump and rebound I had from the practice race, but made a few spots and learnt the track and had a pretty good race with Dave O who loved, it seemed, to drive off the track whenever he started pulling away. :)
Race 2 was okay but had a huge off when I tried to stick on the outside of Bacchulum on the fast corner after the back straight. Stuck half a tyre on the grass and caused major damage with a lap to go.
Race 3 was much better after I changed bump and rebound for the better (for a change), made a few spots on the start, and got lucky at the first chicken and avoided any damage. The car seemed to be a little faster on the straight and getting a tow without it.
Was having fun mainly getting chased by faster blokes who'd driven off the circuit earlier in the race. Wally got past me with a couple to go and I thought I had a chance to hold off Keith but Wally was a bit slow on the corner before the back straight and I got baulked a little. It was enough for Keith to cruise by on the straight and that's where I finished.

I'm glad I made it, it was a fun track with those cars.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal