Xtreme Gaming Network

New ingame pit app

Author Topic: New ingame pit app  (Read 10795 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
New ingame pit app
« on: March 28, 2017, 10:30:27 PM »
Just thought Id give all a heads up regarding the new pit stop app, some guys in the ROOZ league had issues due to not being familiar with it and still using pitconfig which wont work unless you fully disable the new pit app. A few gys in the funrun tonight also had some troubles expecting pitconfig to work or being unsure of this new app. In practice give it a go and make a couple stops to avoid issues in the next league race with stops.

To use the app there is now a pit setup menu in the setup config, this is saved along with your setup.

You can set your strategy here regarding fuel, tyres to change. With tyres beware that the pressures will be default cold pressures so best to set this to your own start pressures otherwise when you change tyres they will give you the default pressures.

In car you can use your wheels dpad or arrow keys on the keyboard, here you can go up and down to select each line and left or right to enable disable a setting or add reduce fuel. Only in car have you also got an option to repair body,engine/gearbox/suspension, some cars have aero changes allowed in stops so keep an eye on this as it also starts at default. You have 3 pre-sets available but can change this with an ini file. \Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\pitstop.ini

[SETTINGS]
USE_MOUSE_PITSTOP=0
VISIBILITY_MAX_TIME=5
ITEM_FONT_SCALE=1
STAY_IN_CAR=0
AUTO_APP_ON_PITLANE=1

PRESETS_COUNT=3
SIZE_MULT=1.2
FONT_IS_BOLD=0

HEADER_FONT=9
HEADER_HEIGHT=16

OBJECT_POS_X=2600
OBJECT_POS_Y=0
FORM_ALIGNMENT_V=1
FORM_ALIGNMENT_H=2
ITEM_HEIGHT=20
ITEM_TITLE_WIDTH=130
ITEM_VALUE_WIDTH=80

ITEM_FOREGROUND_HEADER=0,0,0,1
ITEM_BACKGROUND_HEADER=1,1,1,1

ITEM_FOREGROUND_UNSELECTED=1,1,1,1
ITEM_BACKGROUND_UNSELECTED=0,0,0,0.5
ITEM_FOREGROUND_SELECTED=1,1,1,1
ITEM_BACKGROUND_SELECTED=0.74,0,0,1

If you want to use pitconfig instead you need to have USE_MOUSE_PITSTOP=1 and this should allow it to work. You wont be able to adjust pressures or aero in stops and pitconfig is no longer being worked on. Best to get used to the new method as its quite good but a bit different.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: New ingame pit app
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 08:16:16 AM »
Good write up, thanks Marty.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 10:15:21 AM »
how do I move the dam thing,, I presume its this part, but the numbers mean nothing to me
OBJECT_POS_X=2600
OBJECT_POS_Y=0
FORM_ALIGNMENT_V=1
FORM_ALIGNMENT_H=2
ITEM_HEIGHT=20
ITEM_TITLE_WIDTH=130
ITEM_VALUE_WIDTH=80
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 10:38:35 AM »
how do I move the dam thing,, I presume its this part, but the numbers mean nothing to me
OBJECT_POS_X=2600
OBJECT_POS_Y=0
FORM_ALIGNMENT_V=1
FORM_ALIGNMENT_H=2
ITEM_HEIGHT=20
ITEM_TITLE_WIDTH=130
ITEM_VALUE_WIDTH=80

Object position is what you need to move the app.

X Axis is the vertical pixel alignment with 0 being the right edge of screen. My setting is at 2600 (default 40 I think) using 7680x2440 triple screen resolution. Default position was right edge of right screen and 3x28 inch screens its almost useless there as its very hard to see. My adjusted position puts it on the right side of the middle screen and for all triple screen users I would suggest moving this as you dont want to be looking at the right edge of screen in car to make changes while on track. Someone with a 1080p triple screen setup with resolution 5760x1080 will want to try a number like 1960 for the X axis, if you have bezel correction then add in a bit more for this.

Y Axis is the horizontal pixel alignment with 0 being center of screen. I have kept this as is with centered being a good position for me.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 10:44:30 AM »
cool, thanks
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 12:45:39 PM »
The X axis works fine but no matter what figure I put in, it wouldn't move in the Y axis. :(

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 02:27:17 PM »
The X axis works fine but no matter what figure I put in, it wouldn't move in the Y axis. :(

You have to set FORM_ALIGNMENT_V=2. It's obvious  ::)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 02:30:57 PM »
Try setting both values to 2

FORM_ALIGNMENT_V=2
FORM_ALIGNMENT_H=2

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 03:26:41 PM »

FORM_ALIGNMENT_V=2
FORM_ALIGNMENT_H=2
Thanks guys. 8)

2+2=√16

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 03:36:07 PM »

FORM_ALIGNMENT_V=2
FORM_ALIGNMENT_H=2
Thanks guys. 8)
You obviously read the manual @Wally

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2017, 03:49:08 PM »
Wally can see code like Neo in the Matrix so its a bit different, the Manual by Kunos = look at ini try all the stuff then figure out what it does and why. If it wasn't logical at first then you have seen the new "logic" but this may not apply to other settings, you will nearly always need to come up with a "new" logical solution even if its exactly opposite to the one you found last time, that is still logical and correct even if it contradicts your new found wisdom in the current scenario.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2017, 04:14:24 PM »
Manual by Kunos = look at ini try all the stuff then figure out what it does and why. If it wasn't logical at first then you have seen the new "logic" but this may not apply to other settings, you will nearly always need to come up with a "new" logical solution even if its exactly opposite to the one you found last time, that is still logical and correct even if it contradicts your new found wisdom in the current scenario.

Well they are Italian after all  :P

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2017, 09:42:47 PM »
Manual by Kunos = look at ini try all the stuff then figure out what it does and why. If it wasn't logical at first then you have seen the new "logic" but this may not apply to other settings, you will nearly always need to come up with a "new" logical solution even if its exactly opposite to the one you found last time, that is still logical and correct even if it contradicts your new found wisdom in the current scenario.

Well they are Italian after all  :P

I would like to dedicate this very famous song to the  11 million military personnel  casualties  during 1914_1918 conflict
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 09:49:52 PM by Simone »

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2017, 03:42:29 PM »
Regarding the object positioning, I've changed mine twice now and it works the first time then changes back to normal. Anybody got any ideas why this might the case and/or how to stop it from changing back?

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2017, 03:59:18 PM »
Regarding the object positioning, I've changed mine twice now and it works the first time then changes back to normal. Anybody got any ideas why this might the case and/or how to stop it from changing back?
Have you read the manual?  ;D

Try putting FORM_ALIGNMENT_V and FORM_ALIGNMENT_H back to 1. Save file while out of AC completely. Start AC again. Screen should be in default position. Then exit AC completely again. Then set back to 2. Might get it it reset correctly.

Otherwise it could be the OBJECT_POS numbers you have are wrong. When I had an incorrect value for OBJECT_POS it just disappeared completely.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal