Xtreme Gaming Network

Fun Run Feb 13 - "May 9, 2004" (the clue's in the name)

Author Topic: Fun Run Feb 13 - "May 9, 2004" (the clue's in the name)  (Read 26409 times)

Offline grat

• View Profile
Re: Fun Run Feb 13 - "May 9, 2004" (the clue's in the name)
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2018, 06:11:32 PM »
Climbing? Rock climbing? It made you sore?
yes, rock. A little sore here and there, but nothing big. Quite fun, though.
I used to do a little bit of rock climbing and really enjoyed it. On real rocks. None of this mamby pamby artificial stuff.
Rock is much funnier---it was almost my first time last weekend---but you need a lot of time, skills, money, and decent weather. Pretty hard to do it once a week or so. The gym is something you can do on a Wednesday night. It's a bit like racing and sim-racing, I guess. Just a little easier on the money.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2018, 06:16:12 PM »
Server's up... with the usual password.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2018, 06:27:49 PM »
Server's up... with the usual password.
i'm getting checksum error, sorry

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2018, 07:12:42 PM »
I see AB156 is as well.
(I'm in but I have the OSRW mod ;) )
You might have to delete the mod as you did on the practice server, Wally.

2+2=√16

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2018, 07:32:54 PM »
I'm getting mismatch errors too

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2018, 07:34:09 PM »
I see AB156 is as well.
(I'm in but I have the OSRW mod ;) )
You might have to delete the mod as you did on the practice server, Wally.

I have a version of OSRW mod installed, I can see the files.  But yeah, no go on the main server but banging around on the practice server without issue.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2018, 07:37:31 PM »
I restarted the server - it was that models thing again.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2018, 10:40:12 PM »
That thing is proper fun especially in VR with an arm breaking wheel - battles in both race 1 and 2 were great, looking out the side or seeing the car dancing in the mirrors with the sounds while trying to keep it on the track is whats its all about - also, I have left a mildy disgusting 5mm deep puddle of batty sweat in the crease of the seat

How anyone drove those for 2 hours and managed to climb out and give an interview is beyond me :S

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2018, 10:46:54 PM »
I reckon vr would be best in single seater ?
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2018, 10:56:22 PM »
RACE RESULTS

http://xgnassettocorsa.blogspot.com/2018/02/ferrari-f2004-at-barcelona-race-1.html
http://xgnassettocorsa.blogspot.com/2018/02/ferrari-f2004-at-barcelona-race-2.html

Congratulations to Kcender87 on the two race wins.

I did really well in race 1, coming 3rd after other people's accidents and track cutting penalties, also managing to put in the most consistent lap times.

Race 2 was a bit more eventful, with a few accidents here and there and some brain-fade spins on kerbs, but it was still immense fun. I was eventually in a nice groove, just listening to the screaming V10.

A season with no damage, and tyre wear tweaked so that you could just manage to get away without a pit stop with some tyre conservation, or opt for a pit stop with a short stint on softs, would be a lot of fun.

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2018, 10:58:56 PM »
I reckon vr would be best in single seater ?

100% sit nice n low its great in a cabin but far better somehow in single seaters and open cockpits

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2018, 10:59:48 PM »
RACE RESULTS

http://xgnassettocorsa.blogspot.com/2018/02/ferrari-f2004-at-barcelona-race-1.html
http://xgnassettocorsa.blogspot.com/2018/02/ferrari-f2004-at-barcelona-race-2.html

I did really well in race 1, coming 3rd after other people's accidents and track cutting penalties, also managing to put in the most consistent lap times.

Race 2 was a bit more eventful, with a few accidents here and there and some brain-fade spins on kerbs, but it was still immense fun. I was eventually in a nice groove, just listening to the screaming V10.

A season with no damage, and tyre wear tweaked so that you could just manage to get away without a pit stop with some tyre conservation, or opt for a pit stop with a short stint on softs, would be a lot of fun.

+1 for season

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2018, 11:11:39 PM »
Race 1: Apologies to Freezer for punting him on lap 1.
After that I had some great racing with Shayne and Freezer. Don't know where all the cut tracks came from. I don't think I actually cut track once ....

Race 2: Qualified 2nd  ;D
Got away OK but Phil.8 got past, then Kcender & Phil.8 were just too fast. Was going nicely in 3rd until the rear stepped out coming onto the straight and I crashed. Apologies to ab156 who was behind me and couldn't avoid my carnage. I ended up facing the wrong way and had to do a 3 point turn in the middle of the straight  :o
Pressed on but even though damage was off my times were about 1.5 secs down. Again, don't know where the cut tracks came from.

Fun night  ;D ;D
I like F1 cars.
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2018, 07:36:54 AM »
RACE RESULTS

Would love a season, but I am definitely against the no-damage idea. F1 is a no contact sport. ;)

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2018, 07:45:30 AM »
RACE RESULTS

Great to hear it was fun...such bad luck I couldn't join...love this car. Gotta try it at Bathurst ;-)
I monitored the server lap times before. For sure that Andy would have been a challenge for kcender.
A season in this guy would be fantastic.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 07:55:41 AM by killagorilla »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal