Xtreme Gaming Network

Jan 5 Fun Run: Lotus 72D vs. Ferrari 312T at Monza '66 and Paul Ricard

Author Topic: Jan 5 Fun Run: Lotus 72D vs. Ferrari 312T at Monza '66 and Paul Ricard  (Read 21667 times)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: Jan 5 Fun Run: Lotus 72D vs. Ferrari 312T at Monza '66 and Paul Ricard
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2016, 11:50:21 AM »
I don't think I'll be there tonight guys.  I pulled apart my pot and cleaned everything out properly, which worked for a day, but now it's back to normal.

It's just too frustrating having a spiking pedal.  You never know when it's going to spike or cut and can cause accidents, so will more than likely give it a miss.

Rolz

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2016, 12:01:44 PM »
moving my desk around has been more of a mission than I expected... if my wife claims my study as the baby room I will cry...

So I'm out for tonight  :'(

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2016, 12:17:28 PM »
sound too difficult for a off season fun night, IMO. Thanks for info Marty

Fixed setups themselves are very simple to do, it just needs a setup loaded to the server. Any settings you remove from the setup will be adjustable but any settings already in it will be fixed. So you can have a fully fixed setup or just some parts fixed which is quite handy. If a fixed setup is there clients just join as normal nothing extra is needed.

The other alternative is we can have an open setup and people share their setups in ptracker. I normally put my current setup there so if anyone has ptracker they can fairly easily download these ingame. However the extra MS download is only needed if you want to upload setups as this seems to be a limitation with the latest ptracker running a newer version of the c++ redist package then most systems have installed.

I think ptracker is a great tool combined with stracker and would highly recommend others to use it. Its amazing how much this program can do and without it AC would be very primitive.

With features like live deltas to all, best lap for all, lap comparison, set delta to any other lap to compare real time, share setups, store pb delta, adjust session time and laps in server with no reset, lap validation, checksum validation, season standings, race results and more.

Some may think its a bit of a hassle to install but for the 5 seconds that takes it adds so much to MP in AC im amazed everyone doesnt run it.

It would be nice if it stracker ran on official race nites too as Kunos timing sucks so bad many times its hard to see what the qualy times are. In race ptracker works fine even with stracker off but it doesnt register times when your in yhe pit or not in the server. So qualy times quite often on race nites I have no idea about if the kunos app fails which it does very often.

Actually stracker and ptracker should be official and added to the game. Now with more admin controls we will likely be able to adjust grids for reverse grids or even penalties in the server. Kunos has shown they cant sort basic timing in mp yet so maybe they should just get the guy that can to work with them.

I don't think I'll be there tonight guys.  I pulled apart my pot and cleaned everything out properly, which worked for a day, but now it's back to normal.

It's just too frustrating having a spiking pedal.  You never know when it's going to spike or cut and can cause accidents, so will more than likely give it a miss.

Bad luck GB but your still quick enough with a spiking pedal. If your nice I will promise to turn off that pedal spiking app I installed on your computer too.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 12:49:24 PM by marty »

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2016, 12:30:32 PM »
Thursday nights,  season 2 is going to be a fixed setup, in probably the old Porche  spyder,

Now this sounds awesome  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2016, 12:59:40 PM »
I could try stracker on the server, if you tell me how to do it Marty. I like how easy it makes it to share setups.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2016, 03:57:05 PM »
I will send you an email later Wally regarding stracker setup, it looks more complicated then it actually is. The setup ini has lots of stuff in it but you really only need to put in the server cfg location, make a port available for it and copy over the files to the server. Then once you have it all in there simply run the Stracker plugin as you would the acserver and thats it.

I did run some laps at Monza 66 in both cars, The Ferrari is about 1 second quicker but I pushed harder to try match the time in the Lotus and so got within .5 but id be unlikely to go so close to the wall at the lesmos for that sort of time. The Ferrari I was only running at 101% engine but the lotus at 108% the Ferrari still has a bit more grunt with its bigger motor even at lower RPM.

I made a setup for both with my Lotus setup modified from my paul ricard one, not real low aero as the car's simply doesnt turn and lose speed that way. For the Ferrari I started with Phils Base at Paul Ricard but made a few changes to it and the Ferrari setup for me is a bit easier to drive as it does that laptime fairly easily driving the same in the lotus would be probably 1.5 seconds down.

Here is a comparison between the 312T and Lotus at Monza, the Lotus is a little slower but will still be able to compete well enough, getting a draft from the others here will likely be worth an extra second or more.

http://52.62.71.102:50041/lapstat?currservers=acserver4

I have attached my setups but havent made one for the ferrari at Paul Riccard as I havent driven it there yet.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2016, 05:05:46 PM »
Race Server is up Paul Ricard is up first 2x9 laps races there then will do 1x13 laps at Monza 66, qualifying should Start at 8:30PM Melbourne time and be 15 minutes. A shorter 10 min qualy for race 2 then 20 minute qualy at Monza 66. Server has the regular XGN password.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2016, 07:36:50 PM »
Seems Teamspeak is down so we can use Phils Gamevox from here.

http://xgn.com.au/index.php?PHPSESSID=0389eiqka0b8g4q5cog6ise3p7&topic=1243.0

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2016, 07:45:56 PM »
Thursday nights,  season 2 is going to be a fixed setup, in probably the old Porche  spyder,
that sounds good
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2016, 07:54:50 PM »
that sounds good
Teamspeak url is now ts3.xgn.com.au - I'm on it now.
I'm also on Gamevox but I'm not sure everyone has that installed?

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2016, 08:00:13 PM »

The "regular" ts is at ts.xgn.com.au.
We also have the backup TS, we just need someone to configure it up.  It's at ts3.xgn.com.au
we've full control over the ts3.xgn.com.au one, it's sitting on the same server as this site
:)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2016, 10:04:02 PM »

The "regular" ts is at ts.xgn.com.au.
We also have the backup TS, we just need someone to configure it up.  It's at ts3.xgn.com.au
we've full control over the ts3.xgn.com.au one, it's sitting on the same server as this site
:)

So which TS should we normally use now? ts or ts3?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2016, 10:39:15 PM »
Wally, it's up to us.

For now I've set a lot of us to be server admins - we can do nearly every older member, who cares :)
And I've created an AC channel protected with the regular password.
We can do fun stuff later - if you guys want to and have the time.

I'm hoping this will be more stable, and if it seems problematic we can diagnose & try to fix it - after all we've full control :)
But migrating here would mean we're drifting apart - not that I've had much to do with the ugn guys lately, even though they're very nice chaps.

Maybe just keep this as a backup?  I don't mind either way.

On topic; these cars are heaps of fun and the track selection was excellent!  I've really enjoyed the night, thanks guys.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2016, 10:59:43 PM »
It's a bummer I missed it.

I'd prefer to use the more stable one - ts3? You're probably the only person who ever spoke to a UGN guy anyway ;)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2016, 11:05:32 PM »
Thanks Guys for the races was good fun in these cars at these track.

Here are the race results just playing around with Stracker season Click the little "i" Tab to go to the individual session results.

Podium for the Nite Was Marty, Gratulin and Bacchulum with 2 race wins to Marty and 1 to Gratulin.

http://52.62.71.102:50041/championship

Last race must be the closest finish I have ever had, trying to hunt down Gratulin. I thought Stracker gave me the win but in game it gave it to him.

Checking results Stracker Gives him the win by the narrowest Possible Margin of .001 :)

http://52.62.71.102:50041/sessiondetails?sessionid=925

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal