Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 12 Chat

Author Topic: Season 12 Chat  (Read 26387 times)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
Re: Season 12 Chat
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2016, 03:17:34 PM »
that was awesome fun, even when I spun :)
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2016, 05:26:20 PM »
I've updated the options in the first post.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2016, 05:31:27 PM »
I wouldnt take RSR times for pace comparison, I will have those cars 312 and 72D on one server for a while and see how the times compare there and will try them both a bit too.

I havent driven them too recently but each time I have I was just as quick in the lotus as ferrari. It just doesnt quite have the top speed but could match the lap times. Thats once you made a good setup for both I think on default setups the 312 is considerably quicker but I dont think running fixed setups in 2 dofferent ow cars wpuld be a good option.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2016, 05:43:20 PM »
I wouldnt take RSR times for pace comparison, I will have those cars 312 and 72D on one server for a while and see how the times compare there and will try them both a bit too.

I havent driven them too recently but each time I have I was just as quick in the lotus as ferrari. It just doesnt quite have the top speed but could match the lap times. Thats once you made a good setup for both I think on default setups the 312 is considerably quicker but I dont think running fixed setups in 2 dofferent ow cars wpuld be a good option.

And why not take RSR times for comparison? I've looked at version 1.5+ times, looking at a total of 95 lap times between the two cars, over 8 different tracks. That gives you the best feel for how, on average, two different guys in each car are going to fare against each other. The Ferrari is definitely quicker looking at those bigger sample sizes. Looking at my old AC 1.4 data, the times were closer. It could be that 1.5 has separated the cars a bit in performance.

I won't be going fixed setups for anything.

Edit: if that combo is popular, I'd end up having a couple of practice races, with everyone swapping cars in between, and seeing how the times stack up across the field.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 05:55:55 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2016, 08:37:36 PM »
I prefer the idea of option 1. I'd favour the Jap Pack cars but I'm not likely to be able to buy that straight away unless I somehow manage to get a job between now and then.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2016, 08:58:10 PM »
I'd prefer the 72D, even if I am slower, as I can't make the Fez 'box last more than 6 laps. :o

I haven't driven the 'dancing donkey' in a while, so it might be more lenient now.
I'll have to do some testing. ;D 8) ;D

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2016, 12:17:35 AM »

And why not take RSR times for comparison? I've looked at version 1.5+ times, looking at a total of 95 lap times between the two cars, over 8 different tracks. That gives you the best feel for how, on average, two different guys in each car are going to fare against each other. The Ferrari is definitely quicker looking at those bigger sample sizes. Looking at my old AC 1.4 data, the times were closer. It could be that 1.5 has separated the cars a bit in performance.

I won't be going fixed setups for anything.

Edit: if that combo is popular, I'd end up having a couple of practice races, with everyone swapping cars in between, and seeing how the times stack up across the field.

Been a few laps run on one of my servers in these and times are rather close, for me Ferrari has more potential but its very hard to drive and its quite a bit worse in the slow corners so here its losing a fair bit of time just in the last chicane.

http://52.62.170.191:50041/lapstat?currservers=acserver2

A track like Monza you would expect the ferrari to be a bit quicker, but have full damage and you need to turn down the engine on the ferrari where the lotus can be run max for a full race. So no damage Ferrari would be much quicker and also over a single lap where you could run it max do a hotlap then change engine and gearbox but to even last 7 laps I need to run engine at 103% in the Ferrari but 107% or whatever max is in the Lotus.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2016, 09:14:40 AM »
Good info, thanks Marty.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2016, 03:45:42 PM »
The 2 class season could also be quite fun and it would be a logical step up from reverse grids to dealing with slower or faster traffic. That also being in cars that are much more fun to drive then the current season so really any of the current options sound like fun.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2016, 08:27:16 PM »
The 312T should be quicker than the 72D.
It was the class of the field in its time and the Lotus was 4 years old by then.

I guess you know my choice by now Wally. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2016, 10:57:38 PM »
Fitting into option 3.  Ferrari/Lotus is this car http://assettocorsa.club/mods/auto/mclaren-m23.html#en
The Maclaren M23-5 has very similar specs to the Lotus and would expand the choice.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2016, 11:36:43 PM »
Fitting into option 3.  Ferrari/Lotus is this car http://assettocorsa.club/mods/auto/mclaren-m23.html#en
The Maclaren M23-5 has very similar specs to the Lotus and would expand the choice.
Thanks Freezer, I'll give it a go.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2016, 11:40:04 PM »
The 312T should be quicker than the 72D.
It was the class of the field in its time and the Lotus was 4 years old by then.

I guess you know my choice by now Wally. ;)

I see a few guys got in laps in the server still the lotus is quickest though.

I will load those into the server tomorrow and see how it competes with the other 2.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2016, 08:01:38 AM »
Don't forget you've only got a small number of drivers at one track. On RSR, the 312 is faster on most tracks.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2016, 01:02:24 PM »
Don't forget you've only got a small number of drivers at one track. On RSR, the 312 is faster on most tracks.

This is a small sample size yes but a few reasonable drivers and I will try a different track later. All my past experience at multiple tracks in these cars has shown them to be fairly close, at least on the server we know all are using the same settings too as turning off damage for example will greatly effect the speed of the ferrari.

Any xgn guys that want to run laps there can also see how they compare, for me personally the ferrari is much trickier to set a quick lap in and be consistant so even if it can be a little quicker it may be a better option to let people choose. I will keep these at Barca until next week as its an F1 weekend and nice to have some f1 cars at this rounds track for some racing.

This track there is clearly an advantage on slow corners to the lotus but at a faster track with not many slow corners the ferrari will likely have more advantage and this would be more the styke of track that was driven back in the era these cars raced. Modern f1 circuits tend to have many more slow corners compared to the historic tracks so the track selection would also likely have a fair impact on the cars relative performance.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal