Xtreme Gaming Network

Practice race Oct 4

Author Topic: Practice race Oct 4  (Read 32778 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Practice race Oct 4
« on: September 29, 2016, 10:02:21 AM »
I'll be away this Tuesday, but Marty can set up a practice round at a track of his choice, using whatever S14 cars we end up with (looking like the Maserati currently).

I'll have a new rolling start app out by then too, that doesn't display which driver to be behind, but what position to maintain (i.e. maintain your start position).

For simplicity and consistency, I'll also make the start rule that once the green lights come on (which is when the leader crosses the start line), then everyone can go as hard as they like, including passing before the start line.  This means the leader can't go until he reaches the start line and the green lights come on. This way, there won't be any question about when he can and can't go.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Practice race Oct 4
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 12:02:21 PM »
Ok Wally can do that, track wise I will just run whatever track most people suggest in this thread.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 12:21:58 PM »
Thanks.

VIR might be fun.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 12:22:56 PM »

2+2=√16

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 12:24:21 PM »
There are murmurings from the crowd about some track called "Gentrack".  It seems to be gathering momentum.

Offline stevenngo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 12:38:42 PM »
There are murmurings from the crowd about some track called "Gentrack".  It seems to be gathering momentum.

Gentrack with a bunch of old slow cars would be nice, qualifying rolling start and all that

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 12:42:26 PM »

Gentrack with a bunch of old slow cars would be nice, qualifying rolling start and all that
It's a good track,  but the idea is to practice the next season cars. Unless you want to drive them slowly ;)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 12:53:56 PM »

Then Thursdays are your thing, slow old cars are the go and last week Lada's are about as slow as it gets. Maybe I should have just pre quoted Guybrush's 1 vote for gentrack, I think in his entire history its the only track he has ever suggested when asked the question. I think maybe thats a special place for our guybrush, possibly thats where the spaceship crash landed or something.  ;D

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2016, 01:02:46 PM »
Actually, now that you mention it, Gentrack is a good idea Marty.  Perhaps we should try that?  I'd also like to see 22 GT cars at Baskerville.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 01:16:48 PM »

Then Thursdays are your thing, slow old cars are the go and last week Lada's are about as slow as it gets. Maybe I should have just pre quoted Guybrush's 1 vote for gentrack, I think in his entire history its the only track he has ever suggested when asked the question. I think maybe thats a special place for our guybrush, possibly thats where the spaceship crash landed or something.  ;D

First time he came inside you?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 02:35:53 PM »

First time he came inside you?

Did Gratulin find the spaceship.  :-* ;D

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 02:58:21 PM »
Actually, now that you mention it, Gentrack is a good idea Marty.  Perhaps we should try that?  I'd also like to see 22 GT cars at Baskerville.

Or Bridgehampton  :D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2016, 12:29:18 PM »
My track choice is Bathurst

Track still TBC currently we have
VIR x2
Gentrack x2
Baskerville x1
Bridgehampton x1
Bathurst x1

Cars are also to be confirmed but since Simone changed his mind the swingers have followed him to gt2/e so if this leads the polls it will be these.

Practice run will be just a passworded server, depending on track though if we get gt2/e then it may be best for people to suggest which car they will likely run. If its clear we need more of a particular car then I will change the numbers in server otherwise it will just be split evenly between cars. Some tracks have more grid spots so it would not likely be an issue but a 24 grid track would be just 8 of each and its possible more then 8 are wanting to run a certain car where changing the mix may be needed.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2016, 09:38:38 AM »
Maserati it is.

Can everybody download the new rolling start app here: http://xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=1623.0 and use it. It tells you what position to maintain.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2016, 12:36:09 PM »
Maserati it is.

Can everybody download the new rolling start app here: http://xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=1623.0 and use it. It tells you what position to maintain.

When I looked last night it was the gt2 by a couple votes now they are even. Not sure how the Maserati won the vote.  ???

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal