Xtreme Gaming Network

S4R6: Silverstone Race Chat

Author Topic: S4R6: Silverstone Race Chat  (Read 25049 times)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S4R6: Silverstone Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2014, 04:59:24 PM »
More of an advantage to the high downforce cars. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2014, 05:20:20 PM »
Dunno about the other cars but that first corner is knife edge stuff in the GX as well.
I fucking hate that corner in this car, xcuse the language...I could not ONCE take it at a decent speed without spinning.  Insta-curb-kill.

Offline cramjet

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2014, 05:40:33 PM »
Sorry guys I'm gonna have to give this one a miss. I seem to be having major internet issues at home and don't want to ruin anyone elses race with warping or lag. I've got a new router/switch under the tree so should all be sorted for next year! Have a safe and fun Christmas & New years and I'll see y'all soon :D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2014, 06:50:47 PM »
This will be an interesting race as the faster cars have more of an advantage here than at other tracks.  It could be a battle for the championship down in 10th place.

Dunno about the other cars but that first corner is knife edge stuff in the GX as well.

You can always take it a little slower but thats never going to happen so just hope you get it down each lap. Could be interesting I have only done a handful of laps so will try sort out a setup in practice. Tyres seemed to go off quite quick too so should be an interesting nit.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2014, 06:52:10 PM »
Sorry guys I'm gonna have to give this one a miss. I seem to be having major internet issues at home and don't want to ruin anyone elses race with warping or lag. I've got a new router/switch under the tree so should all be sorted for next year! Have a safe and fun Christmas & New years and I'll see y'all soon :D

No worries cramjet. I've sent Rolz an invitation for tonight.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2014, 06:53:09 PM »
I'm getting some error trying to join the race server which disappears too quick to read. Can join the practise server though. Anyone else?
edit: could read it now and its to do with a runtime error on acs.exe
Never mind,pc restart fixed it
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 07:00:59 PM by gawaterman »

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2014, 07:01:42 PM »
I'm getting some error trying to join the race server which disappears too quick to read. Can join the practise server though. Anyone else?
edit: could read it now and its to do with a runtime error on acs.exe
just tried and connected to both okay,  may just be your GUID is incorrect
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2014, 07:20:23 PM »
I have my setup in my droppings box for the GX if anyone wants one.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2014, 09:43:06 PM »
taken out first race and disconnected from server in second race. ping was fine and no one else is home,  I just seems to disconnect for no reason. Live near exchange and syncing at 19187 kbps down and 1020 up.  so disappointed, Hope to god pcars has better net code
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2014, 10:23:58 PM »
taken out first race and disconnected from server in second race. ping was fine and no one else is home,  I just seems to disconnect for no reason. Live near exchange and syncing at 19187 kbps down and 1020 up.  so disappointed, Hope to god pcars has better net code
It's not the sync speed that disconnects you, it's reliability.  You need to move exactly to the other direction for that.  To be honest, I do not think that AC's code is the main problem there.
If you're with internode, call them and ask for a reliability profile.  If you're with someone else, you can still try it, they maybe able to help.  But you might need to wade through level 1-2-3 support. 
The more reliable ADSL profile is a bit slower but you should get a more stable connection.

In the meantime I'd try to monitor packet losses - that can cause this issue.  And check who or what else maybe using the net while you're racing.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 10:26:35 PM by Bird »

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2014, 10:24:10 AM »
Thanks bird for reminding me about speed profiles, have lowered mine, But I do think its AC , I have never had a random boot from Iracing or guild wars or TF2 or css or any other game I have spent 100s of hours on with no issue. also my router(netgear D6300) says  its had no lost packets up or down and no collisions in the last 48 hours
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 10:28:12 AM by Krahl »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2014, 11:51:33 AM »
Thanks bird for reminding me about speed profiles, have lowered mine, But I do think its AC , I have never had a random boot from Iracing or guild wars or TF2 or css or any other game I have spent 100s of hours on with no issue. also my router(netgear D6300) says  its had no lost packets up or down and no collisions in the last 48 hours

Have you seen this?

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/connection-issue-how-to-solve-it-by-router-settings.18871/#post-338856
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2014, 12:59:24 PM »
cheers wally.   and thanks for been an organizational genius :)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2014, 01:04:14 PM »
I have applied those settings and also changed my speed profile with telstra from fast to normal,   hopefully will help..   Thanks again Wally.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal