Xtreme Gaming Network

S6R1: Nurburgring Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S6R1: Nurburgring Post-Race Chat  (Read 24484 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S6R1: Nurburgring Post-Race Chat
« on: March 24, 2015, 11:19:07 PM »
Race Results and Charts
Season Standings
Season Stats

Round Points
Jeremy    73
Matthew111    66
StanDaam    63
Wobblyone    63
Wally    54
Rolz    50
Shameless    50
UnFknBLievable    50
Bafs17    46
Freezer    46
Marty    46
Krahl    38
Ysu    38
Vipergod    32
Rob    30
Joe    27
Grubbet    26
G0RGAK    24
Perch    24
Simone    23
Whitemoo    11
EdWood    4

Season Podium
1. Jeremy, 73
2. Matthew111, 66
3. StanDaam, 63
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 11:22:54 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
Re: S6R1: Nurburgring Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 11:47:55 PM »
Great racing tonight thank you to the organisers and everyone for a great meeting...really enjoyed my night and did far better than I thought I would to be honest with 2 poles and my PB in practice...race one good start from pole and managed to hold the lead from Jeremy who kept me under pressure until the Alfa did its thing and threw him sideways...gave me a 6 second gap which I maintained until the end, race 2 pole had a few missed gears on the down changes I think my 10 y o g25 is getting tired lol...managed to finish second and maintain good laptimes but was under pressure from Matt in the merc which was clearly stronger on certain parts of the circuit and I was stronger on others...race 3 good start into p2 then got great drive and had the run on Jeremy and wanted to get into p1 ASAP as I knew I could Make him work to get past but ended up running out of talent on cold tyres after a brave move ..span out big time how I missed the pack I don't know...over revved my engine and damaged it trying to rejoin half a lap down, recovered to 7th on the last lap but dropped to ninth in the end...really pleased with the result after the ongoing steering issues which seemed pretty sorted tonight.  The racing was interesting with the varying grip levels between sessions and my changes seemed to suit the conditions...congrats to everyone on a fun night of racing.

Congrats to Jeremy matt and stan on the podium.

Cheers Wobbs
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 12:29:41 AM by Wobblyone »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 12:30:37 AM »
Was some fun racing, I chose the 458 this season for a bit of a challenge and maybe give a few guys in the quicker cars a hard time of possible but race wins arent going to be easy unless others make some mistakes.

Race 1 not a great qualy,  then into the last turn of lap 1 unfortunatly had a car warp from about 3 lengths ahead to just behind me which tagged me and spun me out. A bit of damage but nothing too severe so I continued on but got tagged from the rear again at t4 by another which spun me into the wall and broke suspension so I retired.

Race 2 again not a great qualy but had an ok start and made up a few spots, started chasing stan who began to warp a little so I backed off a little to try and get a race finish under my belt. I likely wouldnt have got close enough anyway but tried to keep a fast charging wally behind me for most of the race in another 458 finishing 5th with us both running a similar pace for most of the race.

Race 3 got a better qualy lap in finaly and had a good start moving to 3rd into t1 then Wobbly had a spin ahead of me which I just got around. I then spent the next 7 laps with Stan and Matthew trying their hardest to get by my 458. I just gave it all I had and tried to not make any errors making them find a way past. Surprised to hang on to second thanks to the 458 grunt but I was pretty vulnerable in a few sections so it was hard work staying there and the guys did well not to tag me at any point which would have been easy to do.

Should be an interesting season, the 458 hasnt got the lap speed to keep up with the dtm cars but if it gets ahead its got the straight line speed to make it very tough for the dtms to get past.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 12:40:07 AM »
I had fun, too, it's really keeping you on your toes to drive the Beast :)

However, it seems we need to learn the differences in the cars. Eg this thing is slow in those tight corners.  I can't help it.  And I can't give you the inside line by default, either, 'cause then I might as well give up participating, right?
If you're behind me and can't pass cleanly, suck it up.  If there's overlap going into a corner I'll give you room, otherwise DON'T TOUCH MY ASS! :D

Oh, and if you overtake (Joe my friend!) please try not to slot in half a meter in front of me just before the corner - and brake early to top it off.  Lucky I was on the brake already due to the danger present.   I'm not saying it's illegal, just stupid to expect the other to fully anticipate that move.

But yeah, otherwise it reminds me of GTL times, chasing the small cars in one of those tanks...good fun, gents, good fun.  I could use a bit more power, though, it seems, hehe. 

The early stages were a bit chaotic at times - hell even the later stages - but generally the standard of racing was pretty darn good.  I'm happy :)

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 01:01:30 AM »
 8) But u have such a lovely ass bird...it's hard not to want to touch that butt lol

But yea u do have to have presence of mind with the greatly varying corner speeds of these cars especially if u are in your rhythm and the closing speeds on some turns can be scary in the dtm versus just about everything other than the x bow,  and yea nail on the head GTL... the point and squirt cars verse the terriers lol

Rolz

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 09:27:58 AM »
Awesome start to the season!  :)

UnFknBLievable and I had such a brilliant battle first race... so close and clean too!  ;D
hopefully watch the replay sometime this week to see how close that finish was!

2&3rd races I muffed it, but I think I failed by choosing hard tires over having medium first race... couldn't get the heat up and I think this was my issue.

Boy the Ferrari's have the pace down the straight line, but on the corners they aren't as forgiving as the Alfa or Mercs... Alfas are the sand out that's for sure!

Cya's next Tuesday!  ;D

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 09:38:25 AM »
Was great fun yesterday.

Sorry Bird but keep in mind this is my first time ever sim racing and I'm still learning. Helicorsa showed I was in front of you so I moved back over onto the racing line before the corner. Didn't seem like an issue to me, but maybe it was a lot closer than I realised so sorry for that  ;)

First race I was pretty much on my own and kept it consistent. I definitely notice I'm a lot slower than most people out there and I brake a lot earlier, partly due to being in the 458 and partly just being a newbie.

Second race I got hit and spun out twice in the first couple of laps which put me right near the back of the pack. Not sure if it was me braking early or not that caused the collisions, but it's highly possible.

Third race was the most fun I've had in racing game, sat in the middle of a pack for a couple of laps trying hard to not hit anyone (except Bird), but then the pressure of that red F40 on by ass got the best of me and I spun off the track. I then had a bit of fun chasing Grubbet, over took him, then spun off the track letting him past again, then eventually getting by right before the last corner on the last lap after getting a good line/speed through the chicane.

All in all had a great evening and was pleasantly surprised not to come last. I think my mic wasn't working because I tried speaking a few times and nobody responded  :)

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 10:12:08 AM »
Looks like the 'lets ignore Joe game' worked a treat!!  ;D

My night was pretty good, but fighting my intermittent warping did put a dampener on it for me. But when I was solid, I had some excellent battles, especially with Mathew, Marty, Perch and Rolz. Great fun in race 3 trying to work out how to get round Marty on a corner and not lose a spot to Mathew at the same time... looks like it's going to be a good season!!
I'm going to re-install my windows (been about 2 or 3 years so it's time for a fresh install!!) and clean up my fans etc to hopefully cure my nasty warping issues  >:(

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 10:23:16 AM »
I have a high ping because I'm in the wops...wondering if I had any warping issues with u guys...I didn't see any myself but hoping it was ok for others...had a few taps from others when on my view I was clear of them so don't know if that was lag.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 10:43:26 AM »
I didnt notice you warp Wobbly but I wasnt that close to you. Only time I saw you was when you spun infront of me on race 3 and it wasnt any odd warps in that.

I got unlucky in a freaky warp race 1 then Stan had the warps pretty bad race 2 with his ping getting up to 500 but he seemed stable race 3 when he was very close behind at most apexes. Matthew was also very close to him so his connection must have been much better in that race.

Offline Perch

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 11:11:07 AM »
Not the best night for me. Went back to pits in race one as I was stuffing gear changes everywhere and was frustrated with myself and worried I'd en up ruining someone else's races. Race two I was still have a lot of trouble and blew the engine in the end which did little to improve my mood. So race three I took off the try hard panties both figuratively and literally. I swapped the jeans for shorts (I work up the sweats in these races :o) and took off my shoes. They have a nice wide toe which can help with heel-toeing but not with pedal feel. I wanted to start from the back for race three and take my time.

This ended up being a load more fun and I got involved in a few dices and heavy traffic at points. It was great to see a mix of totally different cars battling it out and the racing was closer than I had thought it would be given the spread of cars.
Sadly on around lap three or four at turn two I moved over into someone who was on the inside. I did ask on TS after the race but I'm not sure who it was. They were in a Bimmer or Merc. At the time they apologised took the blame but it was certainly my fault. My attention was on what was happening to my right and I never even looked to my rear/left. Even so, I think the whole pack must have slowed down to avoid further carnage and so it appears nobody lost out too badly.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 11:16:17 AM by Perch »

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2015, 12:21:36 PM »
If you're behind me and can't pass cleanly, suck it up.  If there's overlap going into a corner I'll give you room, otherwise DON'T TOUCH MY ASS! :D
Given your power advantage the only option is to try and get you in the bends, unfortunately whilst trying to stay extra close I got a bit to close.
Not intentional just a bit of a slip on my behalf.  And for the record I have Noooo desire to Touch Your Ass!!!  :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2015, 12:31:34 PM »
I always race in socks.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2015, 12:33:05 PM »
Naked and bare foot here..but I do live in the bush and talk to myself quite often ;)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2015, 12:35:49 PM »

I always race in socks.
ONLY socks. I don't even want to think about it ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal