Xtreme Gaming Network

Quantum Computing

Author Topic: Quantum Computing  (Read 19453 times)

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Quantum Computing
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 07:45:32 PM »
A few parts that caught my eye:
"But it doesn't yet solve any problem that we are aware of."
"We don't yet have a way to translate those computations into useful computations that we can sustain as long as we'd like to get the answers that we want, or grow the machine to be as big as we'd like to do practical useful computation."
From what I can tell is they've conducted a benchmark test, that produced an enormous amount of data, but nothing decipherable or useful. :-\

2+2=√16

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: Quantum Computing
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 08:44:01 AM »
Yeah, I've just read an article the other day, saying that while on paper it's well-proven quantum computers are far more capable for certain calculations than the current tech, there's still no practical proof of that; something about the need for more qubits, but when they go for it, the entanglement goes out of whack.   And maybe google has managed to create a proof.

But on the subject of "google claimed" and "quantum supremacy" - well, it's a lot of hype, it seems google did not claim anything as such, only a google employee said something to this effect while a reporter was in hearing distance.   

Apparently they have built something which does calculate one very specific scientific thing well & quick.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 08:51:36 AM by Bird »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal