Xtreme Gaming Network

DSD New Pedals about to be released (SEPT)

Author Topic: DSD New Pedals about to be released (SEPT)  (Read 5738 times)

Offline Phil

• View Profile
DSD New Pedals about to be released (SEPT)
« on: August 17, 2015, 07:12:03 AM »
Are these the best pedals in the world? I think so. 8)

http://www.derekspearedesigns.com/pedals.html

I got these pedals a few months ago and they are without a doubt some seriously heavy duty pedals. They feel real good and are built using high quality components.

He is about to release the second round of pedals and orders are taken in September so you don't have much time. They cost about a grand including shipping and you might get slug the new import tax + 10%. You need to sigh up to get the email invitation and then you have two weeks to pay.

If you want to upgrade to a professional set of pedals and never have to worry about getting a new set I would highly recommend these.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 07:13:34 AM by Phil »

Rolz

Re: DSD New Pedals about to be released (SEPT)
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 07:50:31 AM »
They are some serious piece of kit!  :o

I'll see if I have any money left to burn after my wedding in Sept... will weight these bad boys up then :P

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 08:51:54 AM »
The photos aren't enlarged or anything like that, the springs are bloody huge and I can't remember the weight but it was heavy as. You need a cockpit to attach this thing to something.

Offline Will

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 05:13:24 PM »
"100kg Load Cell" - Awesome

What's the deal with availability? Couldn't find any info on the page. Are production runs based on pre-orders and only done occasionally?

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 06:36:09 PM »
"100kg Load Cell" - Awesome

What's the deal with availability? Couldn't find any info on the page. Are production runs based on pre-orders and only done occasionally?

Yep, he releases them in batches so after he's done making the first order a month before the end he starts taking orders for the next.
He then might move onto another component and not make pedals for a while. The list was massive and I had to wait 1.5 years for him to release the next set. These are V2 pedals and he stopped making the V1's while he was developing these.
That's why it's really a surprise the next batch is in September with what I assume will be an average 6 weeks for the pedals to be shipped.
It's all made in the USA by hand and nothing is shipped to china for help. He manufacturers lots of the stuff himself I believe.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal