Xtreme Gaming Network

S17R2: Red Bull Ring GP

Author Topic: S17R2: Red Bull Ring GP  (Read 28555 times)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
Re: S17R2: Red Bull Ring GP
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2017, 01:26:50 PM »
I've just set up a practice server for this with the restrictor for Baccculum and Slow As.

My free server has finished so it's currently running on the same server as the Thursday server. As the Tuesday practice server doesn't get too busy it will probably be fine running two servers on a single instance but if anybody notices any weirdness let me or Phil know.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2017, 01:53:59 PM »
Thanks Joe.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2017, 12:54:07 PM »
Hi guys,

this is what I was getting in quali last week, and what I keep encountering any now and then (say, once in 20 or 30 minutes) this weekend... Any idea what might be going wrong? It looks like a faulty contact in some sense. It affects LEDs and buttons (gear paddles and buttons), but not the steering---that keeps working. So it is something most likely linked to the rim contacts/circuits.

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated, of course.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2017, 01:44:37 PM »
When my first base did that it was the ribbon cable running through the center that had frayed

This is a pic i found of the ribbon,  the older bases did not have a protective plastic cover around the ribbon cable and constant wheel turning wore it through 
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fanatec-csw-broken.308011/
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2017, 01:49:56 PM »
When my first base did that it was the ribbon cable running through the center that had frayed

This is a pic i found of the ribbon,  the older bases did not have a protective plastic cover around the ribbon cable and constant wheel turning wore it through 
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fanatec-csw-broken.308011/
Ouch,... that sounds very bad.... but shouldn't my base be of the "newer" type? It's only a few months old...

So you are saying I should send the video to fanatec?

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2017, 04:40:18 PM »
I would
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Slow_As

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2017, 05:23:51 PM »
 :( I will be otherwise occupied for this Tuesday night  ;D  - so I'll have to miss the Red Bull ring. Had a quick practice anyway - and got to a 1:16:9 with ye olde restrictor - thanks for adding that to the practice server Joe.

One thing that I think may be an issue here is the track limits... The last 2 corners seem to be able to be driven all sorts of ways and still register as valid. Anyway good luck all. have fun.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2017, 06:08:39 PM »
:( I will be otherwise occupied for this Tuesday night  ;D  - so I'll have to miss the Red Bull ring. Had a quick practice anyway - and got to a 1:16:9 with ye olde restrictor - thanks for adding that to the practice server Joe.

One thing that I think may be an issue here is the track limits... The last 2 corners seem to be able to be driven all sorts of ways and still register as valid. Anyway good luck all. have fun.
You can always cut that last corner quite aggressively in AC. You just have to watch that yellow kerb a bit. Conversely, it's quite easy to get a cut at T1 if you run a little wide on exit.

I'm off the pace even with no restrictor :(
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2017, 10:19:22 PM »

You can always cut that last corner quite aggressively in AC. You just have to watch that yellow kerb a bit. Conversely, it's quite easy to get a cut at T1 if you run a little wide on exit.

Seeing the practice server is setup with no penalties 4 tyres allowed out it means very little, ironically those that always claimed others were cutting to be faster now setup a server where they can simply cut to be faster.  ;D

Its amazing nobody here even notices when the practice server is setup in a way that will just catch people out with track limits when it comes to the race night.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2017, 10:23:31 PM »

Seeing the practice server is setup with no penalties 4 tyres allowed out it means very little, ironically those that always claimed others were cutting to be faster now setup a server where they can simply cut to be faster.  ;D

Its amazing nobody here even notices when the practice server is setup in a way that will just catch people out with track limits when it comes to the race night.

yeah for sure did it on purpose so we could claim we were faster. that's how well roll... fk me... get over yourself

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2017, 10:29:13 PM »

I think you may have misunderstood the original point Marty. If I understand it correctly Ptracker and PLP use AC track limits to determine valid laps. Whether or not Penalties is set is separate from that even though the penalties are applied using the same track limits.

Can someone confirm my understanding since I am using PLP and Ptracker for practising.

Thx

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2017, 10:35:49 PM »
PLP is the only thing that's going to penalize you on race night. Just pay attention to where that warns you.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2017, 10:36:00 PM »

I think you may have misunderstood the original point Marty. If I understand it correctly Ptracker and PLP use AC track limits to determine valid laps. Whether or not Penalties is set is separate from that even though the penalties are applied using the same track limits.

Can someone confirm my understanding since I am using PLP and Ptracker for practising.

Thx

Believe thats correct. It was how i was judging valid laps. As for how the server is set up i just copied the thursday config to get something up quick as people wanted to practise with restrictors set.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2017, 10:53:01 PM »
yeah for sure did it on purpose so we could claim we were faster. that's how well roll... fk me... get over yourself

I have nothing to get over but thanks for your concern and also nice tone from a moderator here so keep up the non toxic environment your other moderator pal had a complaint about.

Thx

PLP will show proper limits, Ptracker uses whatever limits are set on the server unless otherwise setup but clearly thats not the case as stracker clearly shows track limits in use on any lap stats.

PLP is the only thing that's going to penalize you on race night. Just pay attention to where that warns you.

Qualifying uses in game track limits or at least used to and no plp so having a server setup this way is of no help to anyone running in it.  ;) If 3 admins/moderators cant figure this out then lucky an idiot like myself can help them out a little. After all thats what a few of them regularly called me along with other names commonly used by those under 5 and the reason for me not running the server or future races here any more.  :-*

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2017, 12:44:06 PM »
Going to be an interesting race.  Managed to roll the car after getting a bit aggressive over the curbs  :o 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal