Xtreme Gaming Network

Need more Porsche Long Tail times!

Author Topic: Need more Porsche Long Tail times!  (Read 19859 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Need more Porsche Long Tail times!
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2018, 05:12:35 PM »
Yep, I hope so... and throw in 1 or 2 pitstops and we will have some interesting strategic decisions to make. Not to mention choice of tyre compounds....
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2018, 09:36:22 PM »
I tried all the cars last night and I love the noise of the C9, however it's lap times just don't seem to reflect the vehicle. The Short Porsche under breaking was sensational, but I don't like beetles so I guess I need some more Mazda practice as I found it was a lot faster than the Merc, but had a lot of understeer. That said i literally ran bog stock setups and simply drove the cars as hard as I could....more homework is required

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2018, 02:27:11 PM »
Apologies Bacchulum, I had originally done my fuel calcs for a 50 min race, not a 60 min race. I have revised the multipliers to:
2.4x for a 2-stopper1.5x for a 1-stopper
I don't see the short tail doing a 2 stopper all season, except in the 1 stopper races. :(
The restrictor has lifted fuel economy around Daytona from 9.11-9.41 litres/lap.
That's 347.8 litres for a 37 lap race (1 safety lap), and that's a long way from a 2 stopper.

So I don't see many takers for the short tail, as it's the slowest and needs an extra stop. :-X

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2018, 03:03:35 PM »
Apologies Bacchulum, I had originally done my fuel calcs for a 50 min race, not a 60 min race. I have revised the multipliers to:
2.4x for a 2-stopper1.5x for a 1-stopper
I don't see the short tail doing a 2 stopper all season, except in the 1 stopper races. :(
The restrictor has lifted fuel economy around Daytona from 9.11-9.41 litres/lap.
That's 347.8 litres for a 37 lap race (1 safety lap), and that's a long way from a 2 stopper.

So I don't see many takers for the short tail, as it's the slowest and needs an extra stop. :-X
I'll check and adjust fuel multiplier accordingly. I don't want to penalise any car to need more stops than the others.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2018, 04:48:41 PM »
Further testing shows Sebring and Road Atlanta may not need extra stops, but will need fuel saving.

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2018, 11:23:03 PM »
Further testing shows Sebring and Road Atlanta may not need extra stops, but will need fuel saving.
I'll drop the 2 stop fuel multiplier down to 2.3.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal