Xtreme Gaming Network

S35R3 - Sveg Raceway

Author Topic: S35R3 - Sveg Raceway  (Read 8068 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S35R3 - Sveg Raceway
« on: October 27, 2020, 11:08:19 PM »
In a repeat of the previous round, buellersdayoff got pole in the utes and again went on to lead from start to finish, pursued once again by killagorilla. buellersdayoff also put in a dominant performance in the supercars, setting the fastest race lap of 2:39.926 on lap 1 and winning the race, finishing 12 seconds ahead of bradc.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS

SEASON STATS

Round Points - Utes
buellersdayoff   300
killagorilla   276
bradc   258
Joe   240
Wally   222
ab156   204
AGK   192
Freezer   180
Phil.8   168
AbleArcher83   156
Rob   144
Neville   138
JamieP   132
Mael   126
Dave O   120
Simone   0

Round Points - Supercars
buellersdayoff   300
bradc   276
Wally   258
Mael   240
Rob   222
ab156   204
Simone   192
AGK   180
AbleArcher83   168
Dave O   156
Freezer   144
Phil.8   138
Joe   132
JamieP   0
Neville   0

Penalties
Race 2 - Phil gets a 50 kg penalty for going 10 pin bowling at turn 3.

Season Standings - Utes
1. buellersdayoff, 600
2. killagorilla, 576
3. Joe, 516

Season Standings - Supercars
1. buellersdayoff, 600
2. Joe, 576
3. Freezer, 498

Round 3 is at the 8.1 km Sveg Raceway, Sweden. (track download)

Races are 5 laps in the utes and 15 laps in the Supercars.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 10:52:56 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S35R3 - Sveg Raceway
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 08:12:24 PM »
Made a clip, I think obs struggled a bit with recording these mods. Bonus little bit of AI battle.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 08:09:34 AM »
Made a clip, I think obs struggled a bit with recording these mods. Bonus little bit of AI battle.

Nice battle. There will be lots of draughting opportunities here if you can stay close enough.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2020, 08:28:12 AM »
Yeah and some double apex turns where you could potentially carefully shoot up the inside. The set I used there is the same as the one I posted except for ratios @ second highest, also brake pressure reduced to about 84 and balance 64 to minimise lock-ups. Initial brake "squeeze", transition to trail and coast is a big factor for lap times in these cars, especially at this track with the double apex and big brake sections.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2020, 10:12:55 PM »
Fast track, good thing the run-off areas are so large.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2020, 03:10:46 PM »
Bueller's set a blistering pace in the Mustang in practice again, over 2 seconds faster than me with the 2nd fastest time.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2020, 07:52:01 PM »

this is maybe where I'm going wrong. Download track Monday night.. hmm Bueller only did 5 practice laps so 5 will do me too
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 08:34:54 PM by Joe »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2020, 06:21:48 PM »
Server's up.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2020, 10:53:55 PM »
Results are up. Congratulations to buellersdayoff for both race wins.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2020, 08:06:26 AM »
The ute race was a blast. Brad, me, Joe, AGK and ab156 all in a close pack, banging it out and swapping positions. We all finished a fraction of a second apart.

In the Supercars, I was surprised to find myself in 2nd place, keeping up with Bueller, until my pace dropped off and Brad passed me fairly easily. The second stint was very lonely, and my concentration started to fade, making a few mistakes. Two left hand corners with the blue arrows on the barriers started to look the same - the only problem was one could be taken much faster than the other. And there was another corner that I often braked too late for. I reckon it would be tough to do a very long race there.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2020, 09:50:00 AM »
Ute race was good fun as Wally said, some close racing and plenty of passing and side by side action.

Supercar race was meh, I did get a slight tag from the carnage on the first lap which must have damaged something as my pace was off and car felt harder to drive. Couldn't keep up with those in front, then around lap 6/7 I touched a wall and broke my suspension loosing places to Mael and Rob. Was able to make it to the pits and got it fixed. Coming out I was doing 41s so I'm sure the car was a bit broken from the start. Put in a few good laps to finally get on the back to Rob and Mael only to blow my engine  :o

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2020, 09:59:48 AM »
I'm not too sure how I'm finding the speed. I know I used to put a tonne of practice laps in trying to find that extra second or two that Kcender would have on us only to just get frustrated and keep trying to push harder. Driving like that only made things worse or even sometimes feel like giving up. If I could get near and follow someone faster than me for a couple of laps I could see the delta flashing more green, even after pushing so hard on my own in practice. I've noticed a similar thing racing in ACC, but only just realising that when having the delta flash green behind a faster guy I'm smoother on my pedal inputs and not just smashing the brake & gas.
On this track some corners, eg turn 1 & 2 or the double apex turns require a very light brake application as you teeter on the latitudinal grip already, it's not always straight line braking for a turn. Applying some of what I've learnt about ACC watching Aris' talk about the sim has worked for AC. AC in a way, for lack of better explanation, feels similar but a bit more simplified.
Q. I wasn't sure I'd pull out a hot lap in time but managed to get one even though it was a bit messy at last double apex, the old Ute got into a suspension wobble over the bumps.
R1. Pretty good start, again thinking don't stuff it up, a couple of minor mistakes kept Killa on my rear end until he made a mistake towards the end of the race. Good racing, I'm not used to being up the front and always get uncomfortable with someone sniffing my rear end.
R2. Not so good start, Brad powered on by but I tried to stay right on his tail, slip streamed over the bridge and popped in the inside under brakes. I was a bit worried about a big lock up but it wasn't too bad, I think Brad was prepared for me to go straight lol, the move stuck and I pressed on. Pitted a bit early as the tyres were going on me. I tried to set a fastest lap on fresh rubber and then look after the tyres, surprised myself with '39. Seemed Brad was slowly catching but I'd hoped he was cooking his tyres while I tried to look after mine. Excellent racing, thanks guys. 28 litres refuel seems about the same time as tyre change. Almost nearly blew my engine a couple of times with it flashing red on the down shifts... but it sounds so cool when you do....lol
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 11:31:24 AM by buellersdayoff »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2020, 10:11:24 AM »
...always get uncomfortable with someone sniffing my rear end.
Don't we all.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2020, 05:17:05 PM »
An interesting night of racing. I tried something different this week and learnt the track using the Mustang instead of the Falcon and I found it a lot easier to slow myself down for the ute than the reverse, plus trying the supersofts freezer suggested really helped....

Managed P5 in quali and then got a great start going around Wally on the grid and then passing Joe at turn 2. From the on it was head down go hard racing but it was impossible to match the speed of Killa and Bueller as they were in another league  :o !!! It was a pretty quiet race until 2 laps out from the end Wally and his posse caught up to me and it was an interesting couple of laps. I managed to hold both Wally and Ab off with some elbows out driving...which was a lot of fun

The Supercars race was a lot different. I got a good start and on cold tyres I felt I had to speed to be leading but couldn't get into a good position to pass Bueller but then he made a mistake and I got the lead, however it didn't last long when Bueller made a very clean move under brakes at turn 7 and I had to yield. Then drove off into the distance....for a while there I was on my own and Wally managed to creep up and capitalise when I made a minor mistake at turn 6, overshooting my brake marker and running wide, earning a corner strike. Again, I felt I had the pace but couldn't use it until I managed to get by Wally as his tyres went off the cliff and I then tried to take the fight up the Bueller. From around lap 5 onwards I felt like I was starting to bridge the gap but had to pit on lap 7 for fuel which was the same time as Bueller. I exited the pits pretty close to him and once again on the cold tyre I was able to make up some more time until they kicked in and Bueller sat about 3,4 seconds in the distance to me. I'd like to say back off the consilidae, but I didn't. I went as hard as I could and most of that part of the race it was PB after PB and I felt like come lap 15 I would be pretty close to him because towards the end of the first stint it looked like I could get an extra lap out of my slower pace compared to Bueller ultimate pace and hope to be close enough to pass on the last lap.....Well it would have been, had not 3 laps from the end the fuel light came on  :-\ I checked my dash and the news was bad.....1.1ltrs short...I tried my best to short shift and save fuel but it was too late in the race for that. At the start of the last lap my gauge suggested I was around 0.25ltrs short to finish and sure enough at the penultimate corner when I was a couple of seconds behind Bueller the fuel ran out. I managed to roll over the line some 12seconds behind but luckily I retained 2nd.

At the end of the day I really can’t complain.  Last week I was frustrated and last after using the wrong tyres and this week I’m 2nd in the right ones after a massive fuel scare. Note to self, add and extra ltr when working out the fuel for next weeks race  ::)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 05:51:52 PM by bradc »

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2020, 11:28:45 PM »
I tried something different this week and learnt the track using the Mustang instead of the Falcon and I found it a lot easier to slow myself down for the ute than the reverse,
So did I . . . !  I'm better in the supercars so helps to get up to speed, then utes fill a bit slow after doing that. :)

Tough night for me.  Qualified in 11th with a PB :) :)  but gained 3 spots in the race.  Unfortunately got clean bowled when Phil missed his brake marker.  Was last after that with a bent
car that required fixing.  I did truck on, but it was a lonely race!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal