Xtreme Gaming Network

AC News

Author Topic: AC News  (Read 763620 times)

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
Re: AC News
« Reply #240 on: September 30, 2014, 02:21:33 PM »
The last photo is possibly what happens when a sim driver shifts down a real car like they do in a sim without proper engine/transmission damage. A bit more costly in a real mclaren but Id love to find out exactly what happened there.  ;D

I think it just caught on fire! Only a little bit about it here..
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-press-event-live-blog.93711/page-2

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 30, 2014, 03:13:38 PM »
The last photo is possibly what happens when a sim driver shifts down a real car like they do in a sim without proper engine/transmission damage. A bit more costly in a real mclaren but Id love to find out exactly what happened there.  ;D

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-press-event-live-blog.93711/page-2
This is what it says so quite likely driver error going by this post.

Facepalm of the Day. Finally allowed to drive the real car and then you set the engine on fire #OMG. (Of course not our tame racing drivers of RD :whistling:).

It may have even been one of the rd ruys that killed it lol, ive seen a few alien hotlaps that would kill a car within a lap or 2. I really hope car damage is increased to a more realistic level as Ive always had to be more carefull in real cars then you can in any sim. If your downshifting and its above the rev limiter in the next gear this is never good for any engine or trany.

Some cars do have built in code to not allow shifts that will insta kill the car but still regular bad downshifts will cook things fairly quickly if done every time. Id be surprised if they let anyone out without an instructor in the car so it may have just been bad luck too rather then someone murdering it.

Lets hope it was all fully covered and this doesnt sour the relationship between Kunos and RSR. Maybe Aris did this testing how far he can go before getting damage, before codeing it into AC.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 01, 2014, 12:48:37 AM »
Looks like we may get the 1.0 RC this friday. Also animated pitstops for mp which will be interesting.

This is a quote from the official forums, video is in Italian but has some cool shots of the current ac build.

Quote from: g4b1bb097, post: 265434, member: 6261

[youtube]1VgF8cR0ja4[/youtube]

0:06 TvTech.it-Interview

0:46 KUNOS Simulazioni has its headquarters inside the Vallelunga autodrome, what are the advantages of this solution?
Marco: The main advantages are that you can do R&D in a very massive way, relying also on the fact that our presence here lets us to keep in touch not only with the car manifacturers but also with the main characters of the motorsport world, not only the pilots but also race engineers that often are more useful in our job because by cooperating with them we get to know exactly how the cars react on the racetrack, the performance, what kind of setup is being used and these factors allows us to create a better experience also in the physics and technical sector, you know... at high level

1:40 You mentioned some new modes and also career mode, when are they coming?
Marco: Starting from the last question: career mode will come in the 1.0RC of the game, which will come soon. It will let you to participate in a series of event, starting from the slower cars to finally reach the more intresting ones, the championships with the GTs. Speaking about the new modes: we have planned for the next year the relase of more contents, not only DLCs but additional free contents, new special events, a more predetermined career and a bunch of options that will not be in the v1.0 but will come later with free updates like extending the pitstop feature from a MP-only feature to SP too. Speaking of career mode we will have a series of events that will give a "family feeling" like the Gran Turismo series, to reach and make the game more enjoyable for the casual gamers and there will be a lot of special events available for your selection allowing a more customisable career instead of a fully predetermined one where you can take and choose different paths

3:10 What can you say about the future of Assetto Corsa? Will we receive updates of the damage model?
Marco: Speaking of the damage model the version that will come out soon will include full damage simulation both aestetical and mechanical, and damages will be toggleable, there will be different kind of damages: not only to suspension, engine and gearbox relating to the drivestyle or the collisions that may happen but also there will be damages related to what the driver does: this means that there might be punctures if you get too rough on the kerbs, especially with road cars that aren't meant for that.
This will give very realistic experience to the players

4:03 Assetto Corsa is an indie, what are the main challanges of this approach?
Marco: When the publishers started to look at us, we received a lot of proposals and they're still coming.
What we are doing with Assetto, especially with the PC version is continuing on the line that we've set in the beginning. The Early Access program from Steam has gone incredibily well, far exceeding our expectations and this has given us a lot of earnings. So we decided to continue our original path by reinvesting a good amount of our revenues in the acquisition of new licenses, new contents and expanding the team from the inital six to fifteen people, fifteen very good elements and crucial to the development of the game.
Our idea is to continue, maybe even while collaborating with the big companies, to pursue our initial goals by keeping our indipendence especially in the game design and what strategies to apply, by continuosely delivering to our customers, our fans what they expect

Woah, writing this on a phone was a real pain

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 01, 2014, 07:33:37 AM »
The pit stops look like moire than I expected. I think I spotted some eye candy like heat haze and floating "dust" in the Huyara shots.

I still don't know how they get the game looking like that. No jaggies at all... crystal clear and sharp. My game doesn't look like that.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 01, 2014, 08:11:16 AM »
This Friday? outrageous speculation!
Didn't they say they where re-writing the net code from ground up? Doesn't sound like KUNOS would do that and release it untested with the full version.

Pit stops look awesome.

The Cobra guys will be stoked to see it in that clip.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 08:34:02 AM by Dick Forrest »

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 01, 2014, 08:36:31 AM »
The pit stops look like moire than I expected. I think I spotted some eye candy like heat haze and floating "dust" in the Huyara shots.

I still don't know how they get the game looking like that. No jaggies at all... crystal clear and sharp. My game doesn't look like that.

Do you have post effects running? They really blur up the place with it's fake depth of field. I find the post effects to be a bit on the gimmicky side, bit over the top rendering. Pretty, but only in still shots I think. 

Offline Enforcer-J

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 01, 2014, 08:44:02 AM »
I turned off ppe last night trying to get better frame rates and the game transformed into a cartoon :/

I havent really noticed the blur much but I might play around and turn off all the effects but just leave the hd colour saturation at 80%.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 01, 2014, 08:59:23 AM »
Pretty sure we will get the next RC version a couple weeks before official release, its been in closed beta for a little while already and it must have been good enough to show the press already. If release is in late October then pre release getting the RC this Friday seems quite likely.

May do our mid season fun race at Spa with a forced pitstop to test that out. I wouldnt expect the Nords DLC to be out til some time next month at least a few weeks after official release but possible to be launched same day if its ready. Doing that will get some peoples knickers in a twist though so they may hold off a little on that.

The Cobra in the official trailer is strange either just showcasing mod co tent or they may have licensed it and bought the model off the guys. Hopefully tweaked the physics a little, I also noticed that they will include a tyre and physics editor so that should improve mod content in that area as long as guys put in the correct data.

Pitstops and damage on mod cars will probably be broken or just very funky so fun days ahead with mods and apps I think.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 01, 2014, 09:09:54 AM »
Pretty sure we will get the next RC version a couple weeks before official release, its been in closed beta for a little while already and it must have been good enough to show the press already. If release is in late October then pre release getting the RC this Friday seems quite likely.

May do our mid season fun race at Spa with a forced pitstop to test that out. I wouldnt expect the Nords DLC to be out til some time next month at least a few weeks after official release but possible to be launched same day if its ready. Doing that will get some peoples knickers in a twist though so they may hold off a little on that.

The Cobra in the official trailer is strange either just showcasing mod co tent or they may have licensed it and bought the model off the guys. Hopefully tweaked the physics a little, I also noticed that they will include a tyre and physics editor so that should improve mod content in that area as long as guys put in the correct data.

Pitstops and damage on mod cars will probably be broken or just very funky so fun days ahead with mods and apps I think.

Maybe Nords will be a bit dodgy as it's modded? Would be better to try out new functions with official cars tracks to take out the modded variable?

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 01, 2014, 09:13:33 AM »
I turned off ppe last night trying to get better frame rates and the game transformed into a cartoon :/

I havent really noticed the blur much but I might play around and turn off all the effects but just leave the hd colour saturation at 80%.

lol I find the PPE makes it look cartoony! Like watching some ANIME

Last night's track is just a bit dodgy when it comes to performance. I don't think it's anyone's hardware/software playing up.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 01, 2014, 09:20:11 AM »

This is what it says so quite likely driver error going by this post.

Facepalm of the Day. Finally allowed to drive the real car and then you set the engine on fire #OMG. (Of course not our tame racing drivers of RD :whistling:).

It may have even been one of the rd ruys that killed it lol, ive seen a few alien hotlaps that would kill a car within a lap or 2. I really hope car damage is increased to a more realistic level as Ive always had to be more carefull in real cars then you can in any sim. If your downshifting and its above the rev limiter in the next gear this is never good for any engine or trany.

Some cars do have built in code to not allow shifts that will insta kill the car but still regular bad downshifts will cook things fairly quickly if done every time. Id be surprised if they let anyone out without an instructor in the car so it may have just been bad luck too rather then someone murdering it.

Lets hope it was all fully covered and this doesnt sour the relationship between Kunos and RSR. Maybe Aris did this testing how far he can go before getting damage, before codeing it into AC.

Word is it was a ill fitted oil cap. Oil spilled onto the exhaust. No real damage done.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #251 on: October 01, 2014, 04:29:16 PM »
may be along with mechanical failure , mechanic failure will be added :)
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 01, 2014, 04:53:20 PM »
may be along with mechanical failure , mechanic failure will be added :)

Really looking forward to the damage. Mainly for realism, when I take out Marty or Guybrush. I want it to be final. And i want there to be evidence left on the track..

Honestly, bit of trepidation though. Especially how it will work. Will the damage to engine and tyres be predictable (good) or totally random (bad)
Will the damage models at least do the rest of the graphics justice? even if they are the same crunch zones etc every crash. Will parts come off the cars and remain permanently on the track? (good) or just vanish into thin air? (bad)
Will oil / liquids come off damaged cars? Will they catch on fire?
  They go to extra lengths to describe their simulation is like no other. Well, if they leave out a few of those things I mentioned then they are just like every other sim.

And does anyone really think they will drop 1.0 this week?? I don't

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 01, 2014, 05:51:05 PM »
I will eat my underwear if we get v1 this week.

I'm tipping the damage will be some scratches and a few dented / loose panels and nothing more.  I don't think we will see massive crumple zones and parts flying off the car.  Would be great if we did, but the people working on it are probably more interested in the driving stuff ;)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 01, 2014, 05:56:03 PM »
Dick I think you will wreck your car before you can try and wreck ours, maybe you can wait at pit exit.

I will eat my underwear if we get v1 this week

Quoting for future reference, we need video proof if we get the 1.0 RC this weekend. It wont be the official v1 public release but I think its a pretty good chance seeing the RC has been tested by the closed beta group already.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal