Xtreme Gaming Network

AC News

Author Topic: AC News  (Read 763758 times)

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
Re: AC News
« Reply #255 on: October 01, 2014, 06:19:57 PM »
Dick I think you will wreck your car before you can try and wreck ours, maybe you can wait at pit exit.

Oh I'm prepared to sacrifice my car for a good cause.

And stuff better come off my the cars! I think it will. I'm hoping they continue their Italian arrogance in ensuring they have the best shit out there... I mean that in the nicest possible way. They don't like to do things 1/2 way.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 01, 2014, 07:03:51 PM »
Dick I think you will wreck your car before you can try and wreck ours, maybe you can wait at pit exit.

Oh I'm prepared to sacrifice my car for a good cause.

And stuff better come off my the cars! I think it will. I'm hoping they continue their Italian arrogance in ensuring they have the best shit out there... I mean that in the nicest possible way. They don't like to do things 1/2 way.

Yep hey seem to do either all or nothing with most things, either done very well or not at all. Lets hope all the things that havent been done get done as well as the other things already done.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 01, 2014, 07:13:53 PM »

I will eat my underwear if we get v1 this week

Quoting for future reference, we need video proof if we get the 1.0 RC this weekend. It wont be the official v1 public release but I think its a pretty good chance seeing the RC has been tested by the closed beta group already.
It also has to be used underwear!  And no spicing or cooking!

My big question though: do we get our ballast???

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 01, 2014, 08:41:51 PM »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 01, 2014, 09:36:37 PM »
Plenty to read about the RC from a firsthand observer:

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/assetto-corsa-press-event-live-blog.15253/page-15#post-266049

Perhaps to Marty's disappointment, Guybrush is safe from dining on his underwear... in front of us all at least thank fek!

Well that's how I read it..
"Yes, pit stops are in for Multiplayer - whether they are fully in for Single Player depends on how testing goes in the coming weeks."

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 01, 2014, 10:46:00 PM »
Plenty to read about the RC from a firsthand observer:

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/assetto-corsa-press-event-live-blog.15253/page-15#post-266049

Perhaps to Marty's disappointment, Guybrush is safe from dining on his underwear... in front of us all at least thank fek!

Well that's how I read it..
"Yes, pit stops are in for Multiplayer - whether they are fully in for Single Player depends on how testing goes in the coming weeks."

Depends if your a glass half full or empty kind of Dick, the testing may still be within the internal beta team for this even if we get the RC without SP pitstops. Guy must fully consume said underwear and not throw up or spit them out for 30 minutes with no camera tricks.

I still think its highly likely that the pre release people get the RC a couple weeks before official release to get a larger user base test it before going final. The SP pitstops really arent too big a deal for many and the internal beta testers can sort that out or it can be given to us and we can all see how buggy it is.

I think the issue is they simply havent coded AI to go to it and also work out when they should or shouldnt pit, does take quite a bit of codeing to really get that useable and not make them all go in on the exact same strategy. In MP the real idiots can sort out when to pit but hopefully the server can force pitstop rules and such otherwise its kind of pointless unless running very long races if pitstops arent compulsory.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 01, 2014, 11:21:28 PM »
What we've typically done in the past is up the tyre wear and fuel multipliers so that you have to pit to make it to the end of the race.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 02, 2014, 10:27:12 PM »
Interesting but next week means guy may not need to eat jocks this week.

Hello AC followers,
important updates and news about Assetto Corsa 1.0 incoming next week. Thanks for your patience and passion, stay tuned.

[Old attachment deleted by admin to free up space]

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 02, 2014, 10:47:18 PM »
The news might be that it's delayed for 6 months  :-X

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 02, 2014, 10:52:10 PM »
Maybe they will say they spent too much money at the press event last week and have gone under. But an announcement about a coming announcement does sound a little silly to me.  ;D

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 03, 2014, 09:06:56 AM »
another teasing damage photo.
from the AC press event thread. Good to see. Not sure how mud gets on your car when you rub against another car. and the panels look a bit like they must be made from aluminum foil. BUT WAY way better than just bouncing off other cars and nothing happens at all.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 03, 2014, 05:05:41 PM »
Here are a couple onboard laps filmed at the press day at Vallelunga with Marco driving the Nissan GTR for a couple laps using glasses camera for a good pov.

[youtube]y8mfvIyrvCU[/youtube]

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 03, 2014, 07:29:18 PM »
another teasing damage photo.
from the AC press event thread. Good to see. Not sure how mud gets on your car when you rub against another car. and the panels look a bit like they must be made from aluminum foil. BUT WAY way better than just bouncing off other cars and nothing happens at all.
That looks like a car that's rolled over the edge of a cliff, not been on a race track.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 03, 2014, 07:35:37 PM »
Normally you dont hit so many things and continue racing, it does seem a little arcadey as with so much panel damage it should have a bent in corner or two. Also is that car carbon or Aluminium as carbon doesnt bend but as they are relatively cheap cars panels are likely aluminum.

I hope damage at highest level is realistic especially with physics so wheels should be bent by that point and most contact will be effecting your race quite bad if not ending it. A bit of a pain if you lag spike into the car in front or they get you but it should also force people to take more care when passing to avoid contact.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 03, 2014, 07:49:57 PM »
Yeah, I'm a fan of damage in general, especially with big fields. When damage takes 1/3 to 1/2 the field out though, it's not much fun.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal