Xtreme Gaming Network

AC News

Author Topic: AC News  (Read 763487 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: AC News
« Reply #420 on: October 16, 2014, 03:44:07 PM »
I saw cramjet have a massive warp but only once maybe his ping went up, timing screens are a bit odd as its hard to even see how many are in the server at times. Many more shown on map then in the timing, pitstops are basic I also got in there and took a while to figure out what to do.

I still dont think server controls track temp as there is no setting which is odd as you can control most other options now I think. Can control ABS, Clutch, Stability control, TC and tyre blankets.

Along with the things we could before with penalty, tyre wear, damage and fuel rate but still no temp control.  ::)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 16, 2014, 04:02:39 PM »
Does server have adjustable slipstream effect?
Offline does but I haven't played with it.

2+2=√16

Offline cramjet

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 16, 2014, 04:43:09 PM »
I saw cramjet have a massive warp but only once maybe his ping went up, timing screens are a bit odd as its hard to even see how many are in the server at times. Many more shown on map then in the timing, pitstops are basic I also got in there and took a while to figure out what to do.

Yep I saw this too. Only time you got in front of me. At least that's how I'll remember it. Strange though - my girlfriend wasn't home!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 16, 2014, 05:12:56 PM »
Any changes to flow control and client Hz settings?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 16, 2014, 05:55:38 PM »
No more option for flow control, I ran my server at 10-15 and 20hz without issues. At 20hz there was one guy with 1000+ping but everyone else was fine. Most I had on was about 9 while I was there so not a real test, I didnt try logs but someone mentioned your log parse isnt working with current logs.

The timing ingame within a server is terrible now, people dont even pop up on the list until they have a lap and sometimes even then they seem to stay off the list. Pretty hard to see who is on the server lucky for the track map I can count arrows and the position seems to be ok eg 1/9 saying 9 players online. But this isnt always correct and I think they really need to sort out timing before going official release.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 16, 2014, 07:10:28 PM »
Bloody SSD didn't have enough room did it.
Now I've shifted my AC folder, corrupted it. Now I can check its integrity and start to update. Should be racing in 36-48 hours.

EDIT. I'm not joking it would have been days.
I'm uninstalling, cleaning out a SSD and re-installing AC. That might only take 24 hours.  :o
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 07:20:18 PM by Dick Forrest »

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 16, 2014, 09:49:08 PM »
has anyone tried career mode?

Offline gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 16, 2014, 11:41:52 PM »
Just tried pitting on the XGN server and haven't a clue how you get things done. Is there a readme to work out what your supposed to do?

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 16, 2014, 11:55:41 PM »
Go to race mode and will be very clear what to do - just drive into the pits. No pit stop in practise or qual.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 16, 2014, 11:58:37 PM »

Yep. Good for me to practise the basics. You start from the Abarth 500 and there are time attack and races like special events. Set so that it is not difficult to advance.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 17, 2014, 12:40:20 AM »
Just tried pitting on the XGN server and haven't a clue how you get things done. Is there a readme to work out what your supposed to do?
You pit in the big white box in race mode, select what you want to repair/refuel etc on the screen that comes up, then click the confirm button. Then there's a little progress bar counting down over on the right. It's all pretty basic. There's certainly no crew like in that promo vid (as yet).
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline norbs

• View Profile
    • Non Pro Cycling
« Reply #431 on: October 17, 2014, 07:38:35 AM »
You pit in the big white box in race mode, select what you want to repair/refuel etc on the screen that comes up, then click the confirm button. Then there's a little progress bar counting down over on the right. It's all pretty basic. There's certainly no crew like in that promo vid (as yet).

Online racing last night I saw the crew take all the tires off my car.
ARSE, cyclist and midget wrangler.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 17, 2014, 07:52:36 AM »

Online racing last night I saw the crew take all the tires off my car.
Ah, maybe it's world detail. Mine's on Very High.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 17, 2014, 08:27:46 AM »
I did and had quite a bit of fun with it.  The AI is very decent, they are racing but not like idiots - it's better than your average public server IMO :)
Plus - at least this early in the career - you get to race a great variety of cars, and you start off with very forgiving ones, abarth then the little alfa, then the z4, then another, somewhat bigger bmw can't remember which one...it's a nice progressive way of easing the racer into it.

On other points; it seems to me the whole game engine got some major re-writes.  (probably earlier, just unreleased)
The cars feel a bit different, the tracks look even better, the whole thing runs a bit better...you name it.

What I've seen from the netcode it's solid, but we'll see when we get a full race, I guess.
Edit: actually the above sentence is incorrect.  The guy I've raced on the ARSE server yesternight said he detected exactly the sort of jumping back and forth we were battling here :(
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 09:03:40 AM by Bird »

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #434 on: October 17, 2014, 08:55:46 AM »
I got the server porting sorted out last night, I noted the 'dev' setups were generated opss!
Now I have to just workout why once again I have connetion issues!
Wally, can you do me a favour again and send your server_setup.ini to me, I have the entry_list.ini sorted.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal