Xtreme Gaming Network

S27R7: Mugello Race Chat

Author Topic: S27R7: Mugello Race Chat  (Read 16060 times)

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S27R7: Mugello Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2019, 10:33:06 AM »
R1 shot up the right side of the track across the painted area and slotted into 3rd, couldn't match Mael pace and pushing the braking limit further and further causing myself to spin and hand over a few places.
R2&3 similar shoot up the grid a little fall back from Mael get pressure from Phil & other mustangs, great fun thanks guys
Edit; watching the bird & killa mustang battle in front of me was pretty good, thought I might be handed a couple of places lol. Also pressure from Phil was tough, tried to make it hard for him to pass but the mustang was too fast on the straight and he had to go round the outside in the braking zone at turn one, I locked up big time almost collecting him, so glad I didn't, I think he was aware of my situation lol
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 10:40:28 AM by buellersdayoff »

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2019, 03:42:43 PM »
Race 1
There was an impact between Freezer and Brad which I think was a racing incident. A Mustang passed Freezer’s Abarth to the left; Freezer moved a little right to give the Mustang room but in doing so closed up the gap that Brad in his Nissan was making for at great speed.

Thanks for clearing that one up Wally. One minute I was passing a slower car on it's right and the next moment I was sliding sideways towards the field trying to take turn 1. I tried everything, brakes, hand brake, down shifting to try and pull the Nissan up but sadly I slid into killa who was simply an innocent victim. Other than some door damage I don't think it effected him, but certainly wasn't the way I wanted to start a race either.

I'm so glad this season is over, simply because I've not been a fan of the cars, I think because I've managed to finish in the back 1/2 of the top 10 each round meant that I didn't really earn that much money to get away from the Mustang or Nissan, but like someone said on the radio last night, I'm still glad I turned up for most of the rounds. I would have loved to have tried a different car last night but I couldn't get below the 17's in the Z4 and absolutely hated the Mustang so low 16's in the Nissan was the best I could manage with my lack of setup knowledge/abality.... 

Despite my total lack of speed this week, I still had some great battles. I think most of race 2, Rob and I we were never more than a second apart and kudos to him for such clean racing. I unfortunately can't say the same to Freezer as glancing side touch saw him spear off track (race 1 I think ) about 1/2 way around the lap. I simply didn't know he was there. Sadly even with triples I couldn't see him in the Fiat and the red arrow pointing to where he was said he was behind me as I turned in, so I didn't expect to bump into the side of him at the apex, mind you he couldn't probably say after following me that I couldn't find an apex all night.....the corner speed of the Fiats was amazing and at least when Freezer passed me in subsequent races, I was aware of his closing corner speeds.

Thanks again Wally for the league, it's been an interesting concept and hopefully you've got some good feedback about how you could run the dealer concept another time.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2019, 04:54:59 PM »
I wish I'd picked the Fiat. :'(
Or, more accurately, I wish more would've picked the Alfa. :-\
Mael tried his best but all I had was 1 overtake in 3 races. ???

2+2=√16

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2019, 06:57:30 PM »
Made it home just in time for race 2 but at least I'd done about 12 laps before the race night. Got a good start but was stuck behind a mustang and got spun from behind. Had 2 more spins on my own it the race and left up the back......as usual. Race 3 was fun and had some good battles. Every time I thought I'd get away from the little battle, I'd have a little Abarth alongside me and comprimising my lines through the next corner. A couple of very soft spins and I was back to my usual spot at the back of the field.

I struggled to find a balance in the M1 and found it seemed to respond best to being gently flowed from corner to corner. A little too much steering or throttle would see the back stepping way out there. Was great under brakes though.

Thanks Wally and everyone for the season and bring on the next one.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2019, 08:29:04 PM »
Thanks for clearing that one up Wally. One minute I was passing a slower car on it's right and the next moment I was sliding sideways towards the field trying to take turn 1. I tried everything, brakes, hand brake, down shifting to try and pull the Nissan up but sadly I slid into killa who was simply an innocent victim. Other than some door damage I don't think it effected him, but certainly wasn't the way I wanted to start a race either.

I unfortunately can't say the same to Freezer as glancing side touch saw him spear off track (race 1 I think ) about 1/2 way around the lap. I simply didn't know he was there. Sadly even with triples I couldn't see him in the Fiat and the red arrow pointing to where he was said he was behind me as I turned in, so I didn't expect to bump into the side of him at the apex, mind you he couldn't probably say after following me that I couldn't find an apex all night.....the corner speed of the Fiats was amazing and at least when Freezer passed me in subsequent races, I was aware of his closing corner speeds.
Hey Brad I think the T1 incident was my fault in hindsight, I had many cars blowing past and as you came up I have moved slightly right :(  (checked the replay)  so I basically went from P1 to 2nd last!!
As for the bump . . I was desperate to get past in the bends so was throwing the Abarth into any gap that appeared :)  Yes there was a huge speed difference but just a racing incident I believe!  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal