Xtreme Gaming Network

Mid-season car swaps

Author Topic: Mid-season car swaps  (Read 4630 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Mid-season car swaps
« on: April 07, 2015, 11:33:21 PM »
Now you can choose a new car, if you want to, by PM to me. Car change is optional - you can stay with the car you have now if you want.
The upcoming tracks are: Mugello, Spa, Pukekohe.

In addition, I am changing the BMW M3 E30 Group A (too slow) to the BMW M3 E30 DTM (a bit slower than the Alfa and Merc, but faster than the Ferrari 458).

So the cars to choose from are:

• Ferrari 458 Italia
  • Ferrari F40
  • KTM X-Bow R
  • BMW M3 E30 DTM
  • Mercedes-Benz 190E EVO II (DLC content)
  • Alfa Romeo 155 V6 (DLC content)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline mooface

• View Profile
Re: Mid-season car swaps
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 12:39:45 PM »
Its Christmas!

Yea when i chose the BMW M3 E30 Group A i really thought i was getting the BMW M3 DTM, really thought there was no difference as i raced the DTM before.

Cant wait for some overtaking action!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 01:52:05 PM »
Give the m3 DTM a good test before choosing, I think the grp A drives much better but the dtm is clearly a few seconds a lap quicker. It really has become much more of a handful since v1.1 though and is only just around the merc for pace but quite a bit trickier to get that pace out of it.

I wonder how many Alfa guys are going to switch to a ferrari considering Mugello and Spa have some rather good sections to unleash the italian horses. I think the DTM's will still have a significant advantage laptime wise but in the race it may be very hard for the DTM's to pass a ferrari or even defend against them in the high speed sections.  ;)

Rolz

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 03:20:02 PM »
I'm going to stick with the Mercedes-Benz 190E EVO II

It's such a fun car to drive, forgiving for my driving style and I love doing the heel toe and using the H shift.
Plus mash gears etc when I get it wrong  :P

Sure the starts suck arse big time, doesn't have speed like the Ferrari's down the straight or the AWD handling like the Alfa's, but it's still fun for me

;D

Offline mooface

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 09:33:24 AM »
Give the m3 DTM a good test before choosing, I think the grp A drives much better but the dtm is clearly a few seconds a lap quicker. It really has become much more of a handful since v1.1 though and is only just around the merc for pace but quite a bit trickier to get that pace out of it.

I wonder how many Alfa guys are going to switch to a ferrari considering Mugello and Spa have some rather good sections to unleash the italian horses. I think the DTM's will still have a significant advantage laptime wise but in the race it may be very hard for the DTM's to pass a ferrari or even defend against them in the high speed sections.  ;)

You were definitely right with the updated m3 DTM, gave it a run on Marty's servers last night and it was a handful!

It definitely was quicker, and it keeps up with the pack. I didnt have much time to hone in the setup, but im pretty confident i can make the thing drivable.

I did go up against some ferrari's too at Muggello, it is hard to pass down a straight, but its the corners where its at :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal