Xtreme Gaming Network

S6R5: Spa Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S6R5: Spa Post-Race Chat  (Read 13466 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S6R5: Spa Post-Race Chat
« on: April 28, 2015, 11:09:19 PM »
Race Results and Charts
Season Standings

Penalties
Race 1, Unfknblvbl (-4 pts) for hitting rear of Grubbet (+4 pts) at Eau Rouge.
Simone and Ysu was a side-to-side contact, with both cars on their racing lines, so I call this a sim-racing incident (are you using Helicorsa?)

Race 3 was similar - Freezer and Perch had nearly the same side-to-side contact, with both cars on their racing lines, so also a sim-racing incident (using Helicorsa?).

Round Points
Jeremy    75
Perch    63
StanDaam    62
Marty    62
Matthew111    61
Rolz    58
Freezer    54
UnFknBLievable    43
Bafs17    43
Wobblyone    42
Krahl    37
Shameless    36
Joe    34
Ysu    33
Wally    30
Grubbet    29
Whitemoo    25
Rob    24
Vipergod    22
Simone    22
Pete    22
Dick Forrest    12
Gratulin    6

Congratulations to Jeremy on the clean sweep: 3 race wins, 3 fastest laps and the round win.

Season Podium
1. Jeremy, 274 pts
2. Matthew111, 246
3. Perch + StanDaam, 239
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S6R5: Spa Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 11:19:19 PM »
I had lots of close racing in packs of different cars, so for the  most part, it was a great night's racing. A couple of disappointments: in race 2, I was in a great pack with Ysu and Simone, but all of us got caught up in the Unfknblvbl/Gratulin incident at La Source at the start of the last lap, which ruined what would have been a good finish.
Then in the last sequence of corners at the end of the race with Krahl's X-Bow on my hammer, I lost the rears under brakes and went  sideways, taking Krahl out and dropping a bunch of spots. Sorry Krahl.

In race 3, I spun early on, again under braking, and just sat in the middle of the track, a sitting duck, and lost about 4 spots. Miraculously, no one hit me.

I had good racing with newcomer Pete, also in the BMW, in most of the races. Good racing, and welcome!

But all in all, a good round of close racing, even if I didn't get too many points from this one.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 11:27:53 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline mooface

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 11:37:10 PM »
This race was my best yet, despite stuffing up the first race.

2nd race was my best finish yet, i think scoring the 13th spot. Managed to stay clean and not hit anybody, despite the carnage that was around as Wally described.

3rd race was the most fun, with Pete, me and Wally battling it out towards the end. I managed to pass Pete halfway through the race, then Wally came around eventually over taking Pete, then his sights set on me next. One more lap Wally would of had me, but i managed to hold off and avoid contact all the way to the end. All i could see in the rear view was great aggressive driving with Pete finding openings as i was holding up Wally haha.

Cant wait till next race!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 11:49:55 PM »
Was some fun battling it out in the mid field for the most of it, had a chance for the win between stan and me I thought last race but Jeremy just had too much pace and no chance keeping him back there as he could pass at will around the outside in spots. Once he got away there was no way to get close enough to get him on the straights.

Seemed to be a bit of carnage but somehow I stayed out of it, had a couple light rubs and could have been a big shunt as I went the gap down the middle end of kemmel straight race 2. The gap closed just as I was exiting and I ad a little bump with Wobbly, this distracted me a little and I missed my brake point going straight on and letting most of the filed by before rejoining. I had some good battles from there on to the finish and quite a few times had a run up a straight but nowhere to go. Around me all kept it fairly clean but I saw more carnage t1 last lap.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 12:09:34 AM »
R1 was pretty straight forward.  I was in 3rd and not quite quick enough to keep with the front two and thats how it ended.
R2 Back in third again but this time I picked up 3 track cuts and got a drive through.  I immediately stopped and came out around Marty/Wally.
From there it got interesting.  All over the Ferrari in the bends, even passed Marty around the outside at Rivage.  But of course the straights were a different story.  It was a good race though.
R3 Heading down to Eau Rouge I passed the xbow and thought I was in the clear to sweep into the dip.  But, little did I know Perch was coming down the other side of the Xbow and right as I swung in there was contact.... I didn't even see him and didn't have a clue where the hit came from.
(do have helicorsa, but was focusing on the road ahead at that moment).  Anyhow apologies to Perch as we both spun.  It as a great battle coming back though.  I was able to grab a number of Ferraris and get back to 9th were I started.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 07:44:55 AM »
Pretty bad night for me. I  crashed too many times and took out other people in the process. Not good. On the last lap of Race 2 I spun in front of Unbelievable causing him and Bird to collide and then proceeded to take Bird out AGAIN while trying to avoid him. I'm really sorry Bird and pissed off with myself. I wasn't in control tonight. Apologies to everyone who came near me.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 08:01:07 AM »
Pretty bad night for me. I  crashed too many times and took out other people in the process. Not good. On the last lap of Race 2 I spun in front of Unbelievable causing him and Bird to collide and then proceeded to take Bird out AGAIN while trying to avoid him. I'm really sorry Bird and pissed off with myself. I wasn't in control tonight. Apologies to everyone who came near me.

I looked at your crash with Unfknblvbl and I don't think all the blame is yours. I think you got a clean pass on him at La Source, and he hit you in the rear around the corner. Maybe you had slowed a little after the pass. It was hard to tell in the replay.

3rd race was the most fun, with Pete, me and Wally battling it out towards the end. I managed to pass Pete halfway through the race, then Wally came around eventually over taking Pete, then his sights set on me next. One more lap Wally would of had me, but i managed to hold off and avoid contact all the way to the end. All i could see in the rear view was great aggressive driving with Pete finding openings as i was holding up Wally ha ha.
That was some great racing!

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2015, 08:34:57 AM »
Ii was a fun night despite the crashes and especially the carnage in the first race,but hey......it is what is is it?  hahahaaa Great battle with ysu and wally in the second race and while i was preparing for some real action in the last lap they got involved in a accident denying them and me the fun of the last lap.In the final race i was again involved in an accident but in trying to avoid the area in somehow i lost control of the car slamming it in the wall,,,,noob mistake really.Also i felt during the 2 races i have finished that and extra 2 laps would have been very handy in terms of fun and making up for mistakes.

Hey wally,what accident are you refering between me and ysu?,cant recall it!!

ps: SPA is the best AC track
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 08:38:21 AM by Simone »

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2015, 09:13:53 AM »
Great fun. i agree with Simon, Spa is AC's best track. So many elements to master.

As usual, i was given a sub-par vehicle to race. It wouldn't turn, break or accelerate. Kept wanting to go bush...

There where plenty of racing indecents. These things happen gotta just let it roll and carry on. Or it makes it way too scary for people like me to actually race, in fear of dummy spits or ruining people's night.
  None of us want to do that. None of us do it intentionally. But it happens, it will happen again. Grab your tampons and get on with it. Even the big field turn one crashes. Sure, embarrassing but i know we are all careful. shit happens. 

Really had a good night. I let myself down with tyre choice in R1 and R3. Mediums where toast for the last 2 laps. Where i managed to lose any places i had been given.

At the end of the day, it's all marty's fault.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2015, 09:27:50 AM »

Don't worry, 'tis all good!
I know I sounded pissed, I'm just not my usual jovial & forgiving self when racing - too much adrenaline :D

Funny thing: I don't recall an accident with Simone, either.  And I did not save the replays :(

I had good fun - nearly all races. I've picked up and kept a lot of spots in the first race, despite being nudged off-track in Eau Rouge at the start-carnage.  The second was fantastic, close & fun - shame about that stupid little thing, I came around the corner gunning it and suddenly there was nowhere to go... Oh well.   And the third was pretty clean again, altho somewhat uneventful overall.

With minor bumps here and there the races were good.  The F40 is fairly sturdy :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2015, 10:59:26 AM »
In race 1, there was a side contact between Ysu and Simone coming into Eau Rouge which sent Ysu off the track.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2015, 11:46:21 AM »
In race 1, there was a side contact between Ysu and Simone coming into Eau Rouge which sent Ysu off the track.
Aaah, that!  I did not realise it was him there. Yeah it was Simone's fault completely :D
In all seriousness, I thought I've left enough space there. Maybe not.  No worries, I still came out of that mess on top :)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2015, 02:22:38 PM »
My two best races to date (I'm pretending race 2 when I spun off twice didn't happen). Definitely feel like I've improved quite a bit recently.

Race 1 had bafs get past me but then stayed right on him for the rest of the race but couldn't quite get past him. I managed pretty much the whole race in the middle of the pack somewhere and didn't spin off. Usually when I have somebody behind me I feel the pressure and spin off but managed to hold it together, even when at one point I had the mighty Wally behind me for a few laps.

Race 3 was my best finishing position (11th), and had some pretty good racing, overtaking Krahl a couple of times, but then him quickly getting past again. Down the long straight I was so focused on making sure I was clear of him before pulling back onto the racing line I totally missed the braking zone and went off the track. Luckily I was able to rejoin without loosing a position. I'm assume Bird being under the weather affected his speed as usually that red F40 comes flying up behind me, but I think he was behind me for nearly the whole race but a bit further back :)

Rolz

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2015, 02:44:09 PM »
Top night for me, thoroughly enjoyed it! Avoided the crashes... slowly learning, off the throttle, brake and go round... none of this movie BS, put foot down through the smoke "Days of Thunder" strategy! :P

R1 - 8th was happy with result, pretty consistent there, tires were running well, took a bit to set brake points earlier due to grip levels being lower than 100%. Good little battles, but in the end I can't maintain concentration over 8 laps... I seem to nod off after 5... too much pub server racing maybe? :P

R2 - 4th was stoked, with the field of quality drivers here, anything in the top 5 I've very very happy with! Also great battles again with Matt and Wobbly

R3 - 5th stoked again, Jeremy demon in the Alpha... to many mistakes to put consistent laps down and keep up with Matt and the 2 yellow Ferraris (grip levels the cause?) happy to fend Unfknbeleivable off the last few laps... really breathing down my neck... tried to play defensive line without coming off as a prick (hope so anyway) 

Thanks again! Top night  ;D

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2015, 10:18:20 PM »
Did some quick prac just before the server went up and got the car working fairly quickly so was pretty happy

R1: Usual routine got swamped off the line by the alfas and then the ferraris and couldnt do anything to get around them lol so i stayed 7th

R2: Had a good eye on those ferraris in the mirror this race as i didnt want to be stuck behind them again lol so took a bit more risk at the start going side by side with wobly all the way up to and through euo rouge which was really cool lol rubbed panels a bit popped sideways a tad and survived it and held up the ferraris enough to grab them again at turn 3 after everyone went wide in front of me lol. From there had a pretty cool battle with wobly and rolz plenty of action so had a good time ending up 3rd.

R3: Fairly intense start ended up 3 wide coming out of euo rouge slotting behind rolz, got past shortly after and then had some clear space ahead to jeremy and the ferraris but by the time i closed the gap to them on the last lap it was a bit to late so i ended up 4th which isnt to bad for a reverse grid :)
do you even motorsports?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal