Xtreme Gaming Network

S6R5: Spa Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S6R5: Spa Post-Race Chat  (Read 13753 times)

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
Re: S6R5: Spa Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2015, 08:39:27 AM »
got swamped off the line by the alfas and then the ferraris and couldnt do anything to get around them
Ha ha yes thats the Ferrari way!! Burn em off the line then hold em up for the whole race!!  :D

I had an excellent night, with 2 5ths and a 3rd, very happy. Kemmel straight was definitely the most fun in the Ferrari (following Marty through the middle of a 3 wide scenario at the start of race 2 was a bit nerve wracking!!) Had some good battles throughout the night and some very close finishes (Cheers Wobbly!!  :D)

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2015, 12:44:49 PM »
got swamped off the line by the alfas and then the ferraris and couldnt do anything to get around them
Ha ha yes thats the Ferrari way!! Burn em off the line then hold em up for the whole race!!  :D

I had an excellent night, with 2 5ths and a 3rd, very happy. Kemmel straight was definitely the most fun in the Ferrari (following Marty through the middle of a 3 wide scenario at the start of race 2 was a bit nerve wracking!!) Had some good battles throughout the night and some very close finishes (Cheers Wobbly!!  :D)

haha how could you stan you of all people know the pain!!!
do you even motorsports?

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2015, 01:23:14 PM »

haha how could you stan you of all people know the pain!!!
Me sorry!!
Will modify race starts for next race... Will wait for all the Mercs to get moving before engaging 1st gear!! Promise!!! ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2015, 01:31:46 PM »
Stan I think we need to do some practice to perfect running the entire race side by side. Had we done this race 3 last round Jeremy wouldnt have got his pesky alfa ahead of us both. Main issue is to cover inside and out to each apex from there on we are fine so a little formation flying may help result wise.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2015, 01:52:42 PM »
Stan I think we need to do some practice to perfect running the entire race side by side. Had we done this race 3 last round Jeremy wouldnt have got his pesky alfa ahead of us both. Main issue is to cover inside and out to each apex from there on we are fine so a little formation flying may help result wise.
would bunch the field up a bit!!!

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2015, 03:41:25 PM »
Like your thinking Marty!!
Double the 'Yellow Peril' would be almost impenetrably!!  :D
Ferrari's finest strategic moment may be played out at Perth!!  ;D

Offline Jeremy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2015, 07:36:07 PM »
Awesome weekend for me with a clean sweep but it wasn't easy at all

Race 1: Perch had good early pace as usual and took held the lead for a few laps I could see him start to struggle on his tyres and my tyres were just coming on so i pressed and put enough pressure on him to make the mistake and took the lead. Once I got there I just put my head down and did my two fastest laps which gave me some breathing space and cruised to the finish.

Race 2: Got pole and lead from the start made a tyre pressure change and the car was a rocket doing low 35's all race built an early lead and kept a nice buffer to 2nd came home with a nice lead.

Race 3: This has been my down fall race for the past few rounds probably due to my lack of patience lol No rocket start for me.. I accidentally started in 3rd gear so I didnt get the typical alpha launch, racing side by side with matthew into t1 and settling into 9th was a good start. I was close to the carnage at the start but managed to slow down and pick my way through, after some close passing I was 3rd by lap 1. Then came the ferraris!! They kept driving off into the distance down the straight but I kept chipping big chunks of time through the corners and eventually had them in my sights. This was a big challenge as I had to make a move during a section of track that wasn't relatively close to a straight which is close to impossible but some how I managed to do it, first with marty It was a good fight placing the ferrari perfectly until I had a dive and caught him a little. Fortunately the alpha had just enough speed to hold him off through some fast flowing turns. Built a little gap and started the hunt for stan, got him around the outside with the extra grip and powered on. This was so much fun had to put in some good laps to keep them behind me but in the end built a buffer and cruised across the line.

Good racing from all in race three it was very clean and so much fun! Bring on Barbagello

Btw stan Im looking forward to this ferrari wall hahaha

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal