Xtreme Gaming Network

Poll: Season 7 cars

Poll

Which option do you want for season 7?

Hypercar Challenge - same car all season (with mid-season swap)
15 (75%)
Car handicaps - Nissan to Lotus Evora GX
5 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Poll: Season 7 cars  (Read 38283 times)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Season 7 cars
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2015, 11:39:17 AM »
I just tested the ring-ins, they're good. 8)

2+2=√16

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2015, 11:40:42 AM »
Can't we have a handicapped supercar series (I don't know how many supercars we got...) ?
I'd rather have that, than a joke/fun season like the last.  It was good but let's get back on track!

And tbh I'd rather drive the supercars, we haven't raced any, yet.

yEA!! bloody hell,i agree with Bird,i don`t mind  tough,serious races of 100 km per race,one pit stop,....lets see whos the boss at XGN!!...cmon wally only this season. ;D
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 11:43:01 AM by Simone »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2015, 01:42:15 PM »
Hello!! Is it possible to use only AC tracks?  They are too good.

Variety is the spice of life!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2015, 01:46:55 PM »
Can't we have a handicapped supercar series (I don't know how many supercars we got...) ?
I'd rather have that, than a joke/fun season like the last.  It was good but let's get back on track!

And tbh I'd rather drive the supercars, we haven't raced any, yet.

yEA!! bloody hell,i agree with Bird,i don`t mind  tough,serious races of 100 km per race,one pit stop,....lets see whos the boss at XGN!!...cmon wally only this season. ;D

Vote in the new poll!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: Poll: Season 7 cars
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2015, 09:46:13 AM »
Hello!! Is it possible to use only AC tracks?  They are too good.
We've raced them to pieces by  now.  You should turn up more and you'd be sick of them, too :)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2015, 12:10:46 PM »
Will the mid-season swap be mandatory or optional?

I think mandatory would be more interesting and perhaps randomly assign cars to start with based on a 50/50 split?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2015, 12:38:39 PM »
Will the mid-season swap be mandatory or optional?

I think mandatory would be more interesting and perhaps randomly assign cars to start with based on a 50/50 split?

I was thinking optional, but had in mind, perhaps for another season, that I'd offer two cars and say you had to drive both of them 4 times. You could choose which track to drive which car, provided you drove them both 4 times. If you dropped a round, you still had to balance out the cars - if you only made it to 6 rounds, you'd have to drive 3 and 3. People have complained in the past though about not being able to get used to a car over a length of time.

Because these cars are so even though, an enforced half-time swap might be a good idea. 4 races in each car, to see who is the hypercar king. Doesn't hurt to let people choose their cars. When I announce the sequence of the 8 tracks, people might think one particular car or another suits one bunch of 4 tracks or the other.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2015, 12:43:54 PM »

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2015, 01:02:44 PM »
It could be just me but hasn't the La Ferrari got quite a bit of a straight line speed advantage over the P1 (or did I not pick an upgrade option on the McLaren...)  :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2015, 01:11:52 PM »
Stan the mclaren has manual drs which you need to activate. It still is slower then p1 in a straight line but corners a bit better.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2015, 01:54:40 PM »
Cheers Marty  :D

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2015, 01:57:15 PM »
Stan the mclaren has manual drs which you need to activate. It still is slower then p1 in a straight line but corners a bit better.

Oh, I did not realise this.  Do any of the cars in AC use the "KERS" button or is it all automatic?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2015, 02:07:04 PM »
I dont think any official car has manual controlled kers yet. Possibly a mod may but in cars like the laferrari this has automatic kers and also an automated drs. The P1 also has automated kers which I think is recharged with braking and if you run out of electric energy it will be much slower.

A good thing to always have on screen is thebingame electronics app. This shows what aids are available and also when used. If a car has DRS this will show up here and go yellow when in use. DRS can only be de activated with brakes so beware at fast corners that dont need brakes but drs may cause a car to spin.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 02:09:08 PM by marty »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal