Xtreme Gaming Network

May 31 fun run: Skyline/RX7 Spirit/Supra MKIV/Nissan 370z/Mazda MX5 at Modena

Author Topic: May 31 fun run: Skyline/RX7 Spirit/Supra MKIV/Nissan 370z/Mazda MX5 at Modena  (Read 20394 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: May 31 fun run: Skyline/RX7 Spirit/Supra MKIV/Nissan 370z at Modena
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2016, 02:47:10 PM »
lol  now AC wont work
Go to a race and it goes back to main menu   almost like a ctd
Is your video resolution set properly in the options?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
I've added the Mazda MX5 Cup car.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Rolz

Viper - what Wally said.

Will try MX5 this arvo and then decide between RX or MX :)

Offline slideways

• View Profile
Same, going for a run in the MX-5 tomorrow and see how it goes..... ;)

Offline marty

• View Profile
I've added the Mazda MX5 Cup car.

I really dont think thats a great idea, I will add it to the prac server but will likely change my vote to only the ow cars if thats included in this. Its a car that doesnt match up very well at all against the others in how it gets its lap even if ties arent too far apart.

Rolz

thanks all - I certainly had fun and was good to be racing with you all again :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
After the test race its really hard to see any reason to not pick the rx7 unless you want to make it more of a challenge, this track the MX5 cup was clearly quickest but on just about any other track I dont think that would be the case. The GTR has one advantage off the line and out of slow corners with its AWD but its a fair way down on power and passing an rx7 in that other then off the line is not likely.

The Supra clearly has no hope against any of these and the 370 isnt too bad but its just that little bit slower then the rx7 so again no real incentive for anyone to pick it. I wonder if adding some balllast to the cars to even them out, cant really add any to the mx5 as that just doesnt match up and the last thing it needs on a regular track is to be slower.

The way I see it most of the field will be in the rx7 and if the mx5 happens to be still competitive on the longer circuits it may get some people but I dont see many here picking the other 3 as they are.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Here are the RACE RESULTS

Winners were Phil in an RX7, Matthew in a Skyline and Grat in an RX7.

I think there will be enough variety in the track list, with faster tracks and tighter tracks, that the cars will be somewhat jumbled up. There's enough scope for people to choose a car they enjoy driving. For instance, I'm not a real big fan of the RX7, even though it's fast, because I find it too easy to lose the rear once the tyres wear a bit, compared to some of the other cars. It comes down to personal preference.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Fun night. Thanks
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline marty

• View Profile
I wouldnt take results to mean too much from these races, my main aim was to see how possible it was to pass certain cars with no interest in hotlapping put front if I got ahead. Also the track itself just sets up perfectly for the mx5 more then any other track I can think of so it made that car have the best chance this round its unlikely to have at many others.

In the mx5 I managed to stay ahead into t2 then could maintain a big enough gap to not lose it on the straights. Then with its big laptime advantage here just pulled away til I backed off and tried passing people back a few times. Being able to pass Matthew in when I was in the mx5 was a surprise as he is not someone I have passed very often.

In the GTR again last race I was slowly losing time to Grat and Phil in RX7's til they hit eachother and handed me a big lead. I again didnt want to hotlap so just let a few people past. Behind others in the gtr the only cars I could pass easily were supras and mx5's if they were held up into corners by someone else. The rx7 needed to make a big error for any chance other then off the line.

The mx5 is a great fun car to drive but I think its wasted in this series. It would be very good for a future single make series I think just not here where it is the odd car out.

It will mix up the racing a bit and it can make it fun at the tracks it will be competitive at. At least it may add some variety to the grid as there wont be anyone in a supra and not many in nissans.

The first 4 car choices are like picking a car in f1, if given the option anyone would easily pick a merc which would be the rx7. The nissans would be like ferrari and redbull with the supra being a lotus.

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
Yeah the mx5 was a bit of a funny it was so much better in the turns lol kinda out of place. I think they need a parity system the rx7 is so much quicker especially up against the supra
do you even motorsports?

Offline marty

• View Profile
Yeah the mx5 was a bit of a funny it was so much better in the turns lol kinda out of place. I think they need a parity system the rx7 is so much quicker especially up against the supra

It does kind of mix things up and possibly either Mazda may be able to win most rounds but if the track is too short with long slow corners like modena that MX5 would dominate if it gets ahead. In the MX5 you could pass people wherever they left space inside or outside and it was kind of fun but once it got ahead at modena there was no catching it unless the mx5 stuffed it up.

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
yeah pretty much nothing i could do about it, but then again there isnt many tracks that short and tight
do you even motorsports?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal