Xtreme Gaming Network

AC News

Author Topic: AC News  (Read 763458 times)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
Re: AC News
« Reply #1425 on: February 24, 2018, 02:12:41 PM »
But will it be modable, or do we say goodbye to most of the historic content we now have , and have to wait another 5 years for the modders to catch up again :'(

if it is moddable, which I doubt as its the official Blancpain GT Series game, I hope it is through steam workshop like RF2
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: February 24, 2018, 04:22:46 PM »

The early release ACC will be great. A lot of fun to be part of testing all the new features!! I've signed up on Steam already :)

How do you sign up ?
Not really signup but you can add to Wishlist in Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/805550/Assetto_Corsa_Competizione/

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: February 24, 2018, 04:26:08 PM »
cool

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: February 24, 2018, 06:04:09 PM »
I do not think it will be moddable or include different series

"Assetto Corsa Competizione is the new official Blancpain GT Series video game."

That suggests to me that it will only include the official Blancpain GT cars and official tracks.
Do you see the F1 series of games include other series? No. Because then it wouldn't be the "offical game" would it?

I reckon their plan to get more money is have a different game for each series they have a licence for and personally if that's the case I wont bother to get it

LOL did you quote me from Steam forums?

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: February 24, 2018, 07:35:29 PM »
yes, what's funny about that ?

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: March 03, 2018, 03:03:14 PM »
this is from F1 Classic forum, encouraging and interesting
PostSubject: Re: List of all tracks WITH LINKS - UPDATE 25. Feb`18 Part 2   Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:11 pm   Reply with quote

jimdamentalist wrote:
    With regards ACC we would like to keep on modding tracks if kunos makes it possible for acc.. i have done a little work with ue4 in the past for some work related VR projects. so i'm sort of familiar with the engine. in theory (if modding is open) tracks can be converted with some glorious results graphically

we will see... if this does happen the way we want it - i would like to do series related track packs. IMSA for example and usa tracks

that said my theory on this is that its a cunning ploy from kunos to finesse this upcoming game for ue4. with the look to releasing (AC2) with existing content later down the line

anyway we will keep on working on ac in its current state until we know more for sure

Race Department are about to interview Kunos guys and so they asked users to write down some questions to pass to Kunos Simulazioni.
Mine was about a possible future Official License of IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship...
I've tweeted them/IMSA the same "request".
Having both Blancpain and IMSA, would be epic, with the American tracks laserscanned!

If you want to follow my request, liking my tweet or asking them the same thing, perhaps will grant us nothing but you never know, if we are many to ask...

If modding in ACC is possible (crossing fingers), with also benefits as you say, it's perfect.

UPDATE on modding in ACC, a statement of Stefano Casillo on the official forum:

We are totally aware of the importance of modding and its contribution to the success of Assetto Corsa.
It's a great way for new talents to emerge, for the community to "suggest" new directions and/or simply to make a product richer. It is not a coincidence that some of the best guys in this community are now contributing with us to the evolution of the software.

However, for ACC this element will have to be put in stand-by mode for a series of reasons. The most important one is that we have given ourselves an enormous task of rebuilding, once again our software from (almost) scratch. In a world where pretty much every product you see on the market in simracing is an evolution of games that have been on the market 10-15 years ago, our approach is to get a big axe and reset things to (almost) zero before starting with a new project, ACC is no exception.

In this case the task is rendered more complex by the fact that we are using, for the first time a third party engine that we did not design ourselves and the truth is, given the amount of time we have available to deliver ACC to the public, we have more than enough on our hands trying to figure out how to use the engine effectively to also think about how to make the platform moddable.

As you can imagine, this has been source of endless discussions in the last year and half as every decision comes with pros and cons, there is going to be pain no matter what your final call will be. It goes without saying that we believe we made the right call even if that means loosing the huge benefits of a moddable platform.

So to recap, there will be no action from our side regarding modding, both in the direction of promoting nor offering any kind of forum support for it as in the opposite direction, we have no intent to stop it from happening if some smart guy figure out how to do it.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: March 03, 2018, 03:53:35 PM »
That's a shame about the modding, I wont be buying it

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: March 03, 2018, 04:13:05 PM »
we have no intent to stop it from happening if some smart guy figure out how to do it.

There's gotta be a smart guy out there somewhere. ???
But still, I probably won't buy it until said smart guy delivers a wings'n'slicks mod. 8)

2+2=√16

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: March 03, 2018, 04:28:34 PM »
I suspect the early releases of ACC will be more about the new features and technology than about content. I expect to need a graphics card and, possibly, CPU upgrade to run it properly. Also, the physics upgrade will be very interesting since they are building on the existing code rather than starting from scratch. The new multiplayer environment will also be very interesting to watch evolve. Will it give fast guys good competitive racing while providing slower drivers the same? Will it support league features like those developed by Wally?

All this ensures I will want to get ACC as soon as available. Mods will come later and be better for the extra time taken to sort out the core ACC features.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: March 03, 2018, 05:43:08 PM »
I don't get why some people are being so negative about the game. Seems to me it's an opportunity for them create a new engine which they can then use to deliver AC2 and in the meantime we'll get to see what it's like in ACC. I'll buy it, and I doubt very much it will take long at all for mods to appear.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: March 03, 2018, 06:17:22 PM »
I'm greatly looking forward to new features like day/night and dynamic weather. I'm also very curious about how any Blancpain GT rules might be implemented, penalties, all that kind of stuff to make it a real race event.

My only doubt, or the thing I'll miss from AC, is the variety of cars, how we can currently jump from open wheelers to touring cars to small road cars etc. I don't how much interest just GT cars can sustain. But I'm also mindful of how in NKP, we just raced the samish open wheelers again and again. And then GTR2 etc was... GT cars.

From a league perspective, I can see us alternating between AC and ACC seasons in some fashion.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: March 03, 2018, 07:49:17 PM »
I don't get why some people are being so negative about the game. Seems to me it's an opportunity for them create a new engine which they can then use to deliver AC2 and in the meantime we'll get to see what it's like in ACC. I'll buy it, and I doubt very much it will take long at all for mods to appear.
Believe me, if I had the spare cash I'd be all over it, just for the rain. 8)
But times are tough, and if I need to buy W10, that will probably tip the balance to "wait for what I really want". :'(

2+2=√16

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: March 04, 2018, 04:30:29 AM »
Some FAQs https://505games.com/assetto-corsa-competizione-community-faq-blog
I think that it's limited content would be made up for with the new features and graphics and it's not like they're taking ac away from us. I'll buy it.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: March 04, 2018, 04:34:31 AM »
Believe me, if I had the spare cash I'd be all over it, just for the rain. 8)
But times are tough, and if I need to buy W10, that will probably tip the balance to "wait for what I really want". :'(
You can run win 10 without a licence, but you can pick one up at websites like gamesdeal.com for around 35. I'd chip in to help out anyone here for the game

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: March 04, 2018, 11:03:48 AM »
WIP screenshots

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal