Xtreme Gaming Network

Misano Race Chat

Author Topic: Misano Race Chat  (Read 21701 times)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: Misano Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2013, 03:39:06 PM »
Interesting, I guess each to his own.  When I had lots of praccy in the f1600 and have been really fast, I was always sliding into the corners.  I do agree on the throttle, though; I was usually coming out of the corners nicely modulating with throttle, nearly never on full, as far as I remember.  It has a fairly open diff to lose traction if you floor it too early.

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2013, 05:13:04 PM »
Sorry guys but I will have to miss Tuesday night. I am in Sydney for the week and and devastated to miss one of my favourite tracks and rain to boot. I'll have to wait till next time I guess. Have fun and see you next week

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2013, 11:31:39 PM »
Race Results and Charts
Season Stats
Season Standings

Penalties:
Race 2, lap 5: Cam(-2) hit Rob(+2) - unsafe track re-entry
Race 2, lap 6: Liam(-2) hit Istvan(+2)

Round points:
Istvan Horvath   35.5
David Gibson   35
Tim Herbertson   28.5
Wally Masterson   27
liam cottell   25
Dion Ware   24.5
Dave O'Shea   19
Andy Simpson   19
Robin Jeffery   16
Stephen Perryman   16
Glenn Frost   11
obeone ninja   10.5
Cameron Cottell   10
Jamie Gibbs   6.5

Season Podium:
1. David G, 165
2. Wally, 154
3. Tim, 141
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2013, 11:40:34 PM »
In race 1, Tim stalked me over a few patient laps and eventually picked me off - well done on being patient and waiting till the pass was there. I had some good side by side racing with Andy in this race too after he had an off, but he got past. He was unlucky to give me the spot back on the final lap.

In race 2, I had a couple of costly mistakes at the end of the long straight, coming in too fast and getting up a tank slapper a couple of times. The first time only cost me a place to Liam, but the second time I had a big spin there and dropped a further 4 spots.

PS. Andy in the race 2 replay, it looked like you got hit on lap 1, from the way you went sailing off the track, but the server didn't report a contact, and no car seemed to be near you. Perhaps a lag spike?  The ping above your car was intermittently flashing red indicating a bad connection.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2013, 07:37:28 AM »
good fun night again.  In R1 I was under-ballasted, that's clear, but I had heaps of fun in R2 - early mistake let David G through, then I've latched onto him, and even tried to take the pole back once or twice, great chase until Liam arrived from behind, unfortunately.  No big deal, and I've really enjoyed the racing otherwise.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2013, 08:58:33 AM »
Well after the wet/dry glitch in practice I had'nt done any wet track practice which showed.
R1: Qualified down the back and had an average race, but a spin saw me drop well back and I chugged home.
R2: I upped the final drive as it was reving to hard in 1st on the slow corners but I then found myself struggling to achieve speed with heavier ballasted cars pulling away on the straights.  After a spin, I pitted, dropped the final drive and gained two seconds but it was all over by then so I putted around until the end.
Pretty average night for me....unfortunately.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2013, 11:33:44 AM »
I stayed in 2nd in the slow corners. It seemed ok.

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2013, 04:21:53 PM »
I thought I may have tapped Andy on the back straight, I was beside him at that quick right hander.
Dave O said no he just sailed off, So yes I reckon it was a warp as well
Struggled for the whole race, no idea why.
Spun same as you Wally at the first of those right handers,caught it . Then was sandwiched between Ninja and Glenn (I think it was) at the next right hander, bit scary

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2013, 05:15:39 PM »
I stayed in 2nd in the slow corners. It seemed ok.
I've used 3rd in quite a few.  Eg the last one.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2013, 06:03:05 PM »
Race 1 was good, no passing but plenty of pressure from the gaps on the pit board.
I was slowly catching Istvan but a small error (which was so nearly a disasterous one) caused me to play it safe at the end.
Race 2 was the same, Istvan made an error which let me past, then he proceeded to 'bang on the backdoor' and stay within a second.
After his altercation, it was just hope the race was too short for Liam to catch me.
Which it was.
By 0.033 seconds.
Which is enough. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2013, 06:48:04 PM »
Well done Dave G on the win in race 2 while so heavily ballasted. You deserve your championship lead.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal