Xtreme Gaming Network

Valencia Race Chat

Author Topic: Valencia Race Chat  (Read 19678 times)

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Valencia Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2013, 09:32:58 AM »
Sorry guys won't be able to make it tonight, have fun, keep it clean and see you next week.

rob

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2013, 08:21:24 PM »
Does anyone have a better link to the track,  the download keeps falling over half way through.....

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2013, 09:33:00 PM »
My Windows 8 PC decided to install 66 updates instead of just restarting so I will try and join when I get control back

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2013, 10:26:12 PM »
I'd like to say sorry to Dave, again.
I was worked up too much I think and made a complete mess of a judgement there.

The 2nd race early part was a total dodgem ride for me, I could not see well to the side, I've always tried to live a car width, but after the 1st corner I felt swamped from behind constantly till we were out of there.

After that first few corners it got more relaxed, and had an enjoyable race holding back Steve and trying to catch Mopz with his mini ballast and frequently overshot corners :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2013, 11:31:42 PM »
Race Results and Charts
Season Stats
Season Standings

Penalties:
Race 2, lap 1: Cam(-2) hit Wally(+2) and Dave O(+2)

There were lots of incidents, but all others were either side by side and unsighted, or people getting caught in someone else's spin. The Ninja/Tim/Dave G/Istvan accident was an example of such a chain reaction.

Congratulations to Jamo on the 2 race wins and the overall round win. You made the most of light ballast :)

Round points:
Jamie Gibbs   32.5
Istvan Horvath   30.5
Wally Masterson   29
David Gibson   26.5
Dion Ware   24.5
Tim Herbertson   24.5
Dave O'Shea   23
Cameron Cottell   20.5
Stephen Perryman   20.5
liam cottell   17
obeone ninja   12

Season Podium:
1. David G, 191.5
2. Wally, 183
3. Tim, 165.5
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mopz

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2013, 12:00:05 AM »
trying to catch Mopz with his mini ballast and frequently overshot corners :)
HEY I resemble that remark!... Glad I entertained you.... really gotta get more practice in next time! Especially when I don't know the track... Anyways stoked with a second even if me learning the track in Race 1 aided with my straight line speed in Race 1..

Well done to Jamo for taking out the Round win great effort!! Thanks as always to everyone else also...great fun as always.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 12:01:36 AM by Mopz »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2013, 08:05:09 AM »
In race 1, I qualified poorly but finished 3rd, chasing Dion in the distance without gaining on him.

My ballast only went up a little for race 2, so the car felt much the same. Unfortunately I was taken out in a T1 incident from 3rd spot, which saw me near the back of the grid. From there, there was action aplenty, with Dave O, Cam and Ninja, with some Dion/Liam battles happening in front of me. I had a side by side incident with Cam on one corner where we clipped wheels, both unsighted, which left me in the wall. So race 2 was fairly incident and action packed for me, and I probably did well to finish 8th, although I would have hoped to finish higher, especially with now only 8.5 points separating me from Dave G's 1st place in the season standings.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2013, 12:51:10 PM »
R1 was all about keeping Wally behind, had no way of racing Jamo.
R2 i completly stuffed up the exit after the bridge. Spun out and took out Liam (still sorry about that). Then i reckon i hit him 2 or 3 times after that after he punched the wall fairly regually ;D.
Good track and once again my consistancy failed me

Offline Big.Jamo

• Keep It Real :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2013, 01:00:18 PM »
Congratulations to Jamo on the 2 race wins and the overall round win. You made the most of light ballast :)
Well done to Jamo for taking out the Round win great effort!!

;D Thank You Gentlemen.

The car felt just as nice in Race 2 with 90k Ballast. The biggest difference was on turn in after the heavy braking areas.
It also made a huge difference having no-one if front of me & being able to pick were I wanted to be on track.
177 - J.Gibbs * Top Ten Finish - 2013 Racing Minds - Aston 16 Hour.

Keep It Clean :)

Offline imperious

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2013, 06:09:04 PM »
Was good racing again  last night, and like most, race 2 was the most enjoyable.

Race 1 got slightly caught up in the early incident which cost me about 5 seconds or so.

Race 2 was much better and I was faster too, loaded a different setup so that might have helped a bit.
Towards the end had a few runs on Istvan, but couldn't make any stick, He knew where to position his car
at the end of the straights.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2013, 06:32:23 PM »
R1 and I was swamped off the start and proceeded to go backwards from there, just too heavy/slow up the straights.
I only finished as high as 6th due to other's errors.

R2 I saw the shit going down at T1 so I slowed right down, saw the gap, and made it through.
Got to T4 and the same, slowed right down to avoid the accident, saw the gap, and got through, but no.
The contact from Istvan turned me 'round into the wall. :(
Next lap T4, the same thing, saw the spin, slowed down, saw the gap, went for it.
But this time the gap closed, spun around into the wall again but with a stalled engine this time.
Again, I only finished as high as 6th after other driver's misfortunes.

Well done Jamo on the sweep (Pole, R1 & R2), almost a Grand-Slam but for R2 fastest lap. 8)

2+2=√16

Offline Big.Jamo

• Keep It Real :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2013, 08:56:36 PM »
Well done Jamo on the sweep (Pole, R1 & R2), almost a Grand-Slam but for R2 fastest lap. 8)
Yeah thanks, I only just missed out on that 1.
177 - J.Gibbs * Top Ten Finish - 2013 Racing Minds - Aston 16 Hour.

Keep It Clean :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal