Xtreme Gaming Network

S34R4 - Red Bull Ring

Author Topic: S34R4 - Red Bull Ring  (Read 9840 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S34R4 - Red Bull Ring
« on: August 25, 2020, 10:47:58 PM »
AGK won the round, with pole position and a podium in race 1, which sees him move up into 2nd place in the standings behind Joe.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
AGK   50
buellersdayoff   49
Mael   47
Joe   46
Wally   45
Freezer   41
bradc   31
killagorilla   29
Phil.8   24
Rob   24
Simone   23
JamieP   21
Bacchulum   0

Penalties
None.

Season Standings
1. Joe, 155
2. AGK, 142
3. bradc, 134

Two races at Red Bull Ring, Austria, of 12 laps and 24 laps. Weather is a mild 25 and 26.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 10:34:09 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
Re: S34R4 - Red Bull Ring
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 01:08:13 PM »
A huge battle is looming here...... 8) >:( >:( >:( ;D ;D

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 01:41:41 PM »
Going on the PB times Bueller is going to walk away with this one. Server fastest after 2 laps  ???

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2020, 02:29:50 PM »
That's about as fast as the vk will go, I chose it to hopefully set up a good battle with y'all (like last night's). The skyline and Volvo should break into the 37's whereas the the vk won't at least with me behind the wheel. Looking forward to it...

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2020, 04:44:16 PM »
I've done a pile of laps the the R30 Skyline and cant seem to find any more speed  ::) ::)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2020, 04:47:33 PM »
I've tried nothin', and I'm all out of ideas.

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2020, 06:08:57 PM »
Server's up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2020, 07:33:27 PM »
I've done a pile of laps the the R30 Skyline and cant seem to find any more speed  ::) ::)

I know the feeling, I found the same thing with the Jag and as soon as I start to try different things with set up I just seem to go slower  :P lol

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2020, 10:26:46 PM »
Awesome racing tonight, R1 tough battles trying to get past AGK & Freezer...fantastic... Once I got past they seemed to be battling which gave me a fairly clean run home. R2 put 40lt and under-inflated tyres which made me struggle to keep up. The heavy fuel load affected this car a lot more than the old XB but it still wasn't enough fuel for the end, I had to put splash in and fix the pressures during pit stop. Tyres really started struggle at the end and a little mistake let AGK past on the last lap. Good fun thanks all.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2020, 10:35:35 PM »
Results are up. Congratulations to AGK on the round win and buellersdayoff and Joe for the individual race wins.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2020, 10:46:39 PM »
Mid season report card: The drivers who are performing better than average this season so far are bueller, Joe and bradc.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2020, 11:34:54 PM »
Mid season report card: The drivers who are performing better than average this season so far are bueller, Joe and bradc.

Is this a compliment or a smack to the face....hmmmmm :o :P ;D :-[  8)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2020, 07:59:46 AM »
Great finish to race 2... I was in 3rd for a long time, watching Joe and Mael battling about 1 to 2 seconds up the road. I was thinking if they take each other out I might be in with a chance. Sure enough they had some kind of incident near the end of the last lap which saw me catch up for a 3 way sprint to the line that say Mael finish 0.03 behind Joe and me 0.22 behind Mael. Good stuff.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2020, 09:21:37 AM »
A big crash back to reality in the Jag as I found this track extremely difficult. I was really struggling to stop and then turn the big cat as it just didn’t want to do either of those things, let alone if I tried to do both at once. It didn’t seem to matter what I did but I could ace turn 1 but everywhere else I either locked up or it felt like I was braking too early. In the end I went with the hard tyres for race one as I was struggling to get more than 8 laps with the medium in practice which I think was compounded by my braking struggles. The only problem with the hards was they took about 7 laps before they were really comfortable to drive on.

In race 1 I was able to capitalise on other people’s mistakes but then got repassed as people recovered.

Race 2 was a little better. I changed how I was downshifting which helped the braking but still struggled with the turn in to the corners. Mid corner to exit were better this time. I decided to go heavy on fuel and run long on the Hard then switch tot he medium for a short 6 lap run to the flag. Not a lot happened but the main highlight was the 2-3 laps I battled with Killa. For most of the time we were side by side which was a lot of fun. Great respectful racing.

As Wally has said I’m really battling well above my average this season but this is more to Jamels set up tips as sadly I have no clue beyond gear ratios and wing angles. His suggestions have really transformed the drivability of the Jaguar and post the Paperclip, it’s been quite a weapon.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2020, 09:46:53 AM »
Glad I swapped cars; the Mazda felt totally different and was very slow. First race was going pretty well until Mael took me out but race 2 but great close racing. Gave Mael a little love tap on the last lap of the 2nd race and kind of half re-dressed but Wally was close behind and didn't want to let him by and we crossed the line side by side.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal