Xtreme Gaming Network

S34R5 - Mid Ohio

Author Topic: S34R5 - Mid Ohio  (Read 8104 times)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
Re: S34R5 - Mid Ohio
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2020, 09:15:09 AM »
Fun racing and a good new track for me.

Race 1 my lack of practice showed going off track 3 times one time loosing a couple of a positions. AGK nicely gifted me a position back towards and end of the last lap.

Race 2 was great fun and very close racing throughout. I did get up to Mael like pace at once stage but couldn't find a way past Freezer once I got up behind him. Hoped the pressure of staying right on his tail would force a mistake but it didn't. Seemed he got a better exit out of the first hairpin every time, and while I could go much faster through the twisties there isn't really anywhere to pass.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2020, 11:58:53 AM »
I had to use the Winton diff to get an speed out of the car last night as sadly there were far too many long slow corners and not enough of the quick stuff to suit the Jaguar. All night I felt like I was a Truli train and it was h o r r i b l e! I had some wonderful starts but sadly in race 1 my mediums died with two laps to go and I undid all my good work at the end of the race. Race 2 was a little better starting with the hards, but for some reason the pitconfig app didn’t work and my pit crew lead by Ray Charles fitted mediums instead of the hards meaning by lap 24 my tyres were shot. I annoyed the hell out of Phil and Rob as I know they were faster than me for most of the lap but the Jag was able to leap of corners a little better which prevented them from getting past for a very long time. I’m so glad this track is behind us and apart from Laguna two of the last three tracks should be a little kinder.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2020, 10:21:12 PM »
Well after a race like that its customary to thank all and everyone so here it goes:

Thanks to Joe  for not crashing into me,
Thanks  to Wally's Volvo's first gear,
Thanks to Freezer for keeping the trouble away from me,
and lastly

....thanks to my mechanics who showed that random setup changes will pay dividends  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2020, 06:17:38 AM »
Well after a race like that its customary to thank all and everyone so here it goes:

Thanks to Joe  for not crashing into me,
Thanks  to Wally's Volvo's first gear,
Thanks to Freezer for keeping the trouble away from me,
and lastly

....thanks to my mechanics who showed that random setup changes will pay dividends  ;D
:D
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal