3 (18.8%)
Drive each car once
2 (12.5%)
Drive any car each round
1 (6.3%)
Choose one car and stick with it
7 (43.8%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Season 34 poll - ATCC  (Read 19083 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Season 34 poll - ATCC
« on: July 13, 2020, 12:34:53 PM »
I've given these mods a go and they're good fun. Choose Group A or C, and also choose a format from the last three options. You can vote for multiple options.

I reckon the group C cars, being more powerful, are harder to drive than Group A.

Personally, I like the idea of driving each car once. It means no one gets an advantage by choosing any particular car which might be faster than the rest, and introduces a strategic element of when to drive each car. The cars are supposed to be pretty close in performance.

Mods
http://assettomods.com/atcc-group-a-pack-beta-v1-4/
http://assettomods.com/atcc-group-c-pack-beta-v1-3/

Cars
Group A
Holden VK Commodore
Holden VL Commodore
Nissan Skyline DR30
Nissan Skyline R31
Volvo 240
BMW 635 csi
Toyota Supra mkII
Jaguar XJS

Group C
BMW 635 GrpC
Ford Falcon XD
Ford Falcon XB
Holden Commodore VH 1982
Holden Torana A9X
Mazda RX7
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 07:54:03 AM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Season 34 poll - ATCC
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 12:36:38 PM »
After the current season finishes, we'll do an ACC fun run or two (GT4s are out July 16), then try these cars out.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 06:00:52 PM »
Good find Wally, I had dismissed these mods as they were still in Beta :-\ but after a brief try today they are very good.
Hope you have recovered from your mishap :o.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 06:07:16 PM »
Good find Wally, I had dismissed these mods as they were still in Beta :-\ but after a brief try today they are very good.
Hope you have recovered from your mishap :o .
You wouldn't know it's beta. They're good fun. For those not in the know, or those who don't stalk me like Roo does :) I was on my bike yesterday and a large stick unbelievably got wedged in my front spokes which saw me go over the handlebars and faceplant into the bitumen. I'm OK, just a bit scraped and bruised. Lucky, it could have been worse.

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2020, 06:38:16 PM »
Hope you have recovered from your mishap :o .
You wouldn't know it's beta. They're good fun. For those not in the know, or those who don't stalk me like Roo does :) I was on my bike yesterday and a large stick unbelievably got wedged in my front spokes which saw me go over the handlebars and faceplant into the bitumen. I'm OK, just a bit scraped and bruised. Lucky, it could have been worse.

ooh  ouch  ,

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2020, 06:54:10 PM »
They're good fun. For those not in the know, or those who don't stalk me like Roo does :) I was on my bike yesterday and a large stick unbelievably got wedged in my front spokes which saw me go over the handlebars and faceplant into the bitumen. I'm OK, just a bit scraped and bruised. Lucky, it could have been worse.

Tell us the truth, you made your missus angry and she taught you a lesson?   :P

Hope you recover quickly, missed you at yesterdays ACC random car race.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 07:36:22 PM by Mael »

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2020, 07:13:42 PM »
that sounds nasty Wally
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Online Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2020, 09:13:25 AM »
I was on my bike yesterday and a large stick unbelievably got wedged in my front spokes which saw me go over the handlebars and faceplant into the bitumen. I'm OK, just a bit scraped and bruised. Lucky, it could have been worse.
It sounds like a bullshit story but that exact same thing has happened to me!

2+2=√16

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2020, 10:54:43 AM »
Back on topic :)

I voted for group A and choose one car and stick to it, mainly because the only car i liked driving was the Jag.

My original thought was to drive each car once , however if the default setup is indicative of how some of these cars handle (mainly understeer while braking) ,then I can't suffer them,  In my mind (righlty or wrongly) this is not realistic , during my younger days I use to hoon around the twisty roads through the back of the Otways in kingswoods and falcons and they handled way better under braking than some of these mod cars do.  I do miss the smell of overheated brakes and rubber in the cool forest air. :)

Maybe the default setup is horrid and tweaks can fix the braking issues if so i'd be more inclined to drive each car once.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2020, 01:11:32 PM »
Any car will be good to me really.
But personally do not want to sit on the same seat where Phil sat the week before....no no  hence the vote to remain with yours and only yours car   :-*
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 01:16:08 PM by Simone »

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2020, 02:23:03 PM »
I haven't driven any of the mod cars yet and probably won't until we decide which mod we will be using, but I did vote for one car for the season. I suck at most cars and changing every week will mean I suck more than usual.

How about at half Season we all have one chance to change cars for the second half of the Season.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2020, 02:29:03 PM »
I haven't driven any of the mod cars yet and probably won't until we decide which mod we will be using, but I did vote for one car for the season. I suck at most cars and changing every week will mean I suck more than usual.

How about at half Season we all have one chance to change cars for the second half of the Season.

Yea!! I concur.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2020, 02:35:20 PM »

That's what I usually end up doing. Note that "Drive whatever car you like every week" option would also mean you can stay in the same car every week if you like.

Online Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2020, 04:53:49 PM »
I've always advocated for sticking to one car, and having to deal with it at non-suitable tracks.
Plus, I don't want to get a car a Victorian has been in! :P :-*
I'm with Rob & Simone. 8)
(but just in the general vicinity, not too close)

I'll see what I can do, Jarmel. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2020, 05:40:18 PM »

That's what I usually end up doing. Note that "Drive whatever car you like every week" option would also mean you can stay in the same car every week if you like.

ok!!  Noice!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal