Xtreme Gaming Network

S19R1: Silverstone Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S19R1: Silverstone Post-Race Chat  (Read 16778 times)

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S19R1: Silverstone Post-Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2017, 06:02:01 PM »
Dang...I missed all the fun. If you've got some spare time watch some of the on board classics at nurburgring, these guys are crazy dodging traffic at nurburgring https://www.youtube.com/user/RACEMEDIATV

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2017, 07:08:27 PM »
And if you want 'vastly different speeds', check out the latest craze of 'çircuit safaris', where they drive a tour bus around the track during practice! :o

That sound cool! I would be willing to fork out a bit of cash for a seat  ;D
I'd love to do that  ;D.

me as well
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2017, 08:51:41 PM »
I turned my first laps in anger with the Audi in the half hour leading up to the race. Was just interested in getting a good race setup and making the car pretty forgiving to drive. I felt by the end of practice I'd achieved that and was looking forward to the race. I did enjoy the rolling start but the first lap incident was a little frustrating but that's racing. I thought the 5 min penalty was a bit rough but it's a game thing and can't be changed. I made myself a drink, re-grouped and just set out to understand the car better. I was pretty happy with the race pace of the car and there was definitely more in it. I think I did my best lap in the last few laps of the race but still some tuning to do yet.

Just a note to the GT cars, stay on line so it's more predictable and when we pass coming into a slow corner and please dont try and stick it back up the inside again, happened twice into the slow chicane and I went off track to avoid the collision since I was a few laps down anyway.

All things considered, it was a fun night and bring on next week.

Condolences to Kcender for being paired up with me......I think you'll be getting the bulk of the points for us

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2017, 09:15:00 PM »
I turned my first laps in anger with the Audi in the half hour leading up to the race. Was just interested in getting a good race setup and making the car pretty forgiving to drive. I felt by the end of practice I'd achieved that and was looking forward to the race. I did enjoy the rolling start but the first lap incident was a little frustrating but that's racing. I thought the 5 min penalty was a bit rough but it's a game thing and can't be changed. I made myself a drink, re-grouped and just set out to understand the car better. I was pretty happy with the race pace of the car and there was definitely more in it. I think I did my best lap in the last few laps of the race but still some tuning to do yet.

Just a note to the GT cars, stay on line so it's more predictable and when we pass coming into a slow corner and please dont try and stick it back up the inside again, happened twice into the slow chicane and I went off track to avoid the collision since I was a few laps down anyway.

All things considered, it was a fun night and bring on next week.

Condolences to Kcender for being paired up with me......I think you'll be getting the bulk of the points for us

nah ---- ill flick you some Team Rollin' Coal setups and we shall blitz the field!

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2017, 08:23:37 PM »
Was quite a interesting race with the strengths and weaknesses of the cars putting on a good race, the Toyota wasn't that strong here with its lack of power so wasn't expecting much of a result lol, but after I managed to pull away from the battle with diehard in the early laps of the race I was able to just keep out of trouble and bang out consistent laps on the med tyres while the leaders were on softs which I thought was odd until I saw them pit twice which wasn't needed with the Toyota as its quite good on fuel and all of a sudden I was right with the leaders for the race win. Was pretty cool to see us all come together in different ways at the race end and surprisingly I was able to grab grat for what I knew was the effective lead after kcenders penalties lol so was pretty happy with all that :D

Lapped traffic was fine, the LMP cars have so much more grip you can pretty much put it anywhere and it sticks so the gt cars shouldn't worry much and just stick to there normal racing lines and pace, also just because a car is by itself on the track doesn't mean it isn't trying to do some solid laps to make a strategy work so don't be fooled lol
do you even motorsports?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal