Xtreme Gaming Network

S20R4: Road Atlanta Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S20R4: Road Atlanta Post-Race Chat  (Read 24424 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S20R4: Road Atlanta Post-Race Chat
« on: January 16, 2018, 06:28:53 PM »
RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
RACE 3 RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Matthew111   115
killagorilla   104
Phil.8   100
Jeremy   98
Phil   96
Kcender87   95
Shayne   89
ab156   69
Godzilla   68
RussG   68
Wally   65
Bacchulum   61
JamieP   48
Shameless   47
Joe   41
Mael   40
Dave O   39
Rob   35
Dadio   35
Seanus   20

Congratulations to Phil.8 on pole, Kcender and Matthew111 for their race wins, and Matthew111 for winning the overall round.

Penalties
Race 2
  • Godzilla bumped the side of Joe, but given that they were side by side for some time and Godzilla had no real visibility of Joe’s car, this is a racing incident. 50kg penalty.
  • Kcender ran into the back of Shayne and spun him (the lag jump was at the start of lap 2 – this lap 1 incident looked nice and smooth) – 50 kg penalty.
  • RussG was off track and clipped the side of Godzilla’s car while re-entering, and then clipped JamieP’s car while correcting – racing incident (while RussG could have re-entered more safely, he was really the only car impacted).
Race 3
  • Kcender, Dave O and Shameless tried to fit 3 cars into one corner at the bottom of the downhill section, and Kcender on the outside came off worst – racing incident.
Season Podium
1. Kcender87, 340 pts
2. Phil.8, 313
3. Matthew111, 306

With Grat unable to make this round and Matthew's strong result, Matthew moves up into 3rd place. There was a bit of shuffling lower down on the points ladder, with Jeremy, Bacchulum, Wally, ab156, RussG and Phil all climbing a few places.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 08:05:21 AM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil

• View Profile
Re: S20R4: Road Atlanta Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 10:35:50 PM »
Best round for me ever!

I had close bumper to bumper racing each round. Round two I went from mid to back of the field to 4th before the first corner. Great race to whoever I was racing with that was awesome fun, I had the lead for a while but screwed up with the first place gitters.
Great race Matt on round three, I tried to attack and keep up but I simply couldn't keep up, but for personal development that was probably the most consist laptimes I've ever put in. For a large part I was within a couple hundred milliseconds, which for me is exceptional cause I usually fluctuate between a second each lap normally.

Great round!

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 10:42:12 PM »
Not a great round for me. Qualified 12th and could have done better but didn't get a great lap in.

Race 1 the first 9 laps were great, then the last 3 were terrible. I got up to 5th through being in the right place at the right time and getting through accidents, but then got wobbly and went off through the opening twisties. I waited for the two cars that were right behind me to pass and saw a gap on the track map and re-entered but guess the cars were coming quicker than I realised causing Wally to hit me; my bad, sorry. Finished 14th I think.

Due to race 1 woes I stared quite far up the grid, but had an issue with Seanus ahead who disappeared and reappeared and then didn't move when the lights when out. I managed to just get around him with a little tap, but then got sideswiped into turn 2 and had to let the whole grid go by rejoining in 17th. Wasn't sure who it was at the time, but just checked the replay and was Godzilla. I was on his outside keeping to the far left and he came across me taking us both out. I think after that the race was pretty good and I managed to get back up to 9th or something.

Race 3 was pretty average starting in the middle and finishing somewhere in the middle. I think I caught JamieP off guard into T1 and he gave me a tap and I lost a few positions but he redressed which was appreciated. I was taking T1 with a short sharp spike on the brakes at the end of the straight and then coasting to the apex in 5th and back on the power which I don't think was expected  ;D

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 10:44:49 PM »
Sorry for the weird warping all over the place - ping was about 27 every time I looked - will see if i can sort whats up for next time

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 11:03:44 PM »
Interesting racing for me after being absent for the last 2 rounds.. very little practise.. fastest lap of the night for me was 1.33.2 or .4.. I didn't qualify well as expected in race 1, but made it from 17th to mid field, seanus was lagging which made it hard to get around him or plan any moves..

race 2 was an absolute disaster, stuck behind seanus again and he lagged off the start, tried to get around him but got shoved by the freight train of cars. ended up with damage and that just put my head out of the race really, disappointed in quite a few people in that race .. sheer desperation rather than decent racing..

race 3 I was middle field off the grid again, no seanus this time so i got a clean start got up as far as 10th but dropped back to 11th with kcender coming through then on the last lap went wide giving away another 2 positions..

was a fun night, but people need to be less aggressive off the start in reverse grid even in a sprint race.  And lagging/warping cars need to be addressed because they are causing incidents which drivers can be penalised for.
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 11:29:45 PM »

• Kcender ran into the back of Shayne and spun him (the lag jump was at the start of race 2 – this lap 1 incident looked nice and smooth) – 50 kg penalty.

I think I recall this on lap 1 and I stand to be corrected (as I dont have the reply only my memory :P) - but I recall a situation where I was uber close to a car in front that then it had an off but I immediately looked up to the left to see if there was contact and saw none and thought contact must have been made laterally or that they had a moment on their own?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 11:35:53 PM »
It was a busy and entertaining round for me.

Race 1, I couldn't avoid Joe after he had an off when I was coming down the esses, and we collided losing me a few spots. Russ put a nice move on me on the final lap at the end of the back straight, and took one more spot off me.

Race 2, I did pretty well, finishing 6th from a start of 10th. I was following the ab156/Jeremy/Killagorilla pack for many laps but couldn't make any ground.

Race 3 I was also doing not too bad, up in 6th, but I buckled under pressure from Phil.8, and oversteered on the slow corner onto the back straight, putting my nose into the concrete wall there. That saw me stuck for a while, dropping down to 13th place. I eventually chased Bacchulum for a while and was slowly gaining, but a couple of loose and wild moments all by myself saw me fall back again, finishing with noone around except for Shameless who had an off.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 11:38:32 PM »
I am back to my usual installing the track 30 minutes before qual and learning the track. The Thruxton setup worked well and I didn't even have to change the fuel load. Qual was a write off as I expected it to be but I can usually race my way up to the back of the midfield.

Race 1 was not too bad a race for me. Had a few battles, passed some cars and had a good battle with shameless which was great fun. First I spun and recovered and then he did and I ended up in 14th or thereabouts.

Race 2 was an absolute abomination. I butchered the start and had to make way for several cars moving around a stationary car on the grid. Lost a few places then got dive bombed a few times and lost some more. I then managed to get a couple of wheels in the grass and lost some more places. Ended up near the back and was making my way through when in the battle up ahead, a few cars got together and bachulum got spun around and was sideways across the track where he quickly got T-boned by me with nowhere else to go. That put both of us to the rear again. Made my way back to 15th or so with a few others having some off track excursions.

Race 3 was going OK and I was making steady progress forwards but tagged Joe going into turn 1 and felt it necessary to redress the average piece of driving. I do apologise Joe, I did see you taking a more shallow line and earlier on the brakes for a few laps but I completely stuffed up and left it too late to back out of the poor attempt to beat you to the turn in point in turn one. Ended up in 17th

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 11:45:57 PM »

• Kcender ran into the back of Shayne and spun him (the lag jump was at the start of race 2 – this lap 1 incident looked nice and smooth) – 50 kg penalty.

I think I recall this on lap 1 and I stand to be corrected (as I dont have the reply only my memory :P ) - but I recall a situation where I was uber close to a car in front that then it had an off but I immediately looked up to the left to see if there was contact and saw none and thought contact must have been made laterally or that they had a moment on their own?

This is the incident:

[youtube]cYfKNnhUxAY[/youtube]

Offline Godzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2018, 11:57:51 PM »
The 50kg penalty, looked to be worth about half a second, seemed fair enough. The 50 odd percent restrictive though by race 3 smashed another 2 seconds a lap to that, this seemed extreme.

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2018, 12:01:21 AM »

Oh shit! :P didn't even realise that had happened Shayne - my bad entirely sorry. Lag karma took its revenge a lap later - how I didn't notice that in the race I have no idea :s

I think I recall this on lap 1 and I stand to be corrected (as I dont have the reply only my memory :P ) - but I recall a situation where I was uber close to a car in front that then it had an off but I immediately looked up to the left to see if there was contact and saw none and thought contact must have been made laterally or that they had a moment on their own?

This is the incident:

[youtube]cYfKNnhUxAY[/youtube]

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2018, 12:02:20 AM »
The 50kg penalty, looked to be worth about half a second, seemed fair enough. The 50 odd percent restrictive though by race 3 smashed another 2 seconds a lap to that, this seemed extreme.

FYI, your impacts were below. Race 2 was particularly bad - your car copped a lot of fairly high speed knocks.

Race 1
    Lap 1: 19 kph
    Lap 4: 51 kph (+3 restrictor)
    Lap 8: 39 kph (+2 restrictor)

Race 2
    Lap 1: 30 kph
    Lap 1: 80 kph (+7 restrictor)
    Lap 1: 42 kph (+2 restrictor)
    Lap 2: 137 kph (+10 restrictor)
    Lap 2: 47 kph (+3 restrictor)
    Lap 4: 87 kph (+8 restrictor)
    Lap 4: 113 kph (+10 restrictor)
    Lap 4: 69 kph (+6 restrictor)

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2018, 12:11:42 AM »
Race 2
  • Godzilla bumped the side of Joe, but given that they were side by side for some time and Godzilla had no real visibility of Joe’s car, this is a racing incident.
  • RussG was off track and clipped the side of Godzilla’s car while re-entering, and then clipped JamieP’s car while correcting – racing incident (while RussG could have re-entered more safely, he was really the only car

Sorry Wally. I must disagree with you here on pretty much every point.
I agree with Joe. Godzilla turned in on him causing the carnage. Yes they were side by side for some time, so all the more reason that Godzilla should have been aware not to turn in.
Then ... the only reason I was off track was to avoid crashing into the recovering Godzilla, but the recovering Godzilla thought it best to go straight to the apex when I was there just trying not to hit him. Who was re-entering????
The tap I got there unsettled my car which meant JamieP had no chance to avoid me and clipped me which sent me into the wall.
I rejoined last again ... with big damage again ...
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2018, 12:26:54 AM »
Race 2
  • Godzilla bumped the side of Joe, but given that they were side by side for some time and Godzilla had no real visibility of Joe’s car, this is a racing incident.
  • RussG was off track and clipped the side of Godzilla’s car while re-entering, and then clipped JamieP’s car while correcting – racing incident (while RussG could have re-entered more safely, he was really the only car

Sorry Wally. I must disagree with you here on pretty much every point.
I agree with Joe. Godzilla turned in on him causing the carnage. Yes they were side by side for some time, so all the more reason that Godzilla should have been aware not to turn in.
Then ... the only reason I was off track was to avoid crashing into the recovering Godzilla, but the recovering Godzilla thought it best to go straight to the apex when I was there just trying not to hit him. Who was re-entering????
The tap I got there unsettled my car which meant JamieP had no chance to avoid me and clipped me which sent me into the wall.
I rejoined last again ... with big damage again ...

Is this the incident where I ended up T-boning bacchulum as well? It was a pretty messy part of the race

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2018, 12:39:17 AM »
Is this the incident where I ended up T-boning bacchulum as well? It was a pretty messy part of the race
No mate, this was on lap 1. You got Bacchulum on lap 5 and not your fault ...
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal