Xtreme Gaming Network

S14 R7 - Sebring - 19/07/2018

Author Topic: S14 R7 - Sebring - 19/07/2018  (Read 28173 times)

Offline Seanus

• ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
Re: S14 R7 - Sebring - 19/07/2018
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2018, 12:12:40 PM »
what's the exact name of the k3 ?

Folder name = gr5_porsche_935_k3

UI name = Porsche 930/80 K3 Gr.5
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2018, 04:53:13 PM »
I am in the process of selling my house and there is a big chance I wont make it tonight,  the server is ready for race 1 and I have sent Wally a link to the configs to race 2 if he would be so kind to restart the server if I don't make it.
I hope to make it for race 2 at least, but not sure.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 04:55:22 PM by Phil.8 »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2018, 05:14:08 PM »
I am in the process of selling my house and there is a big chance I wont make it tonight,  the server is ready for race 1 and I have sent Wally a link to the configs to race 2 if he would be so kind to restart the server if I don't make it.
I hope to make it for race 2 at least, but not sure.
Hope all goes well Phil and maybe see you tonight.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline imperious

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2018, 10:34:16 PM »
Well, it appears my BSOD issues have nothing to do with my new computer, but my G25.  That's typical, I mention something about still using an old G25 and
then I get a BSOD followed by noticing a burning smell.
I suspect that it was pulling too much current through the USB 3.1 connector and that resulted in the BSOD.

Interestingly I hadn't noticed it playing up, just the smell. I'll pull it apart and see if it's something nice like the brushes needing replacing, if not
then I'll get a new wheel.     

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2018, 06:39:09 AM »
Well, it appears my BSOD issues have nothing to do with my new computer, but my G25.  That's typical, I mention something about still using an old G25 and
I suspect that it was pulling too much current through the USB 3.1 connector and that resulted in the BSOD.

Interestingly I hadn't noticed it playing up, just the smell. I'll pull it apart and see if it's something nice like the brushes needing replacing, if not
It's good to find the cause, and an excuse for a new wheel is a good thing :)
A burning smell near your PC is always alarming though.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2018, 08:07:15 AM »

Hope that hasn't caused any problems with the new pc. Does the port still work?

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2018, 12:04:37 PM »
What is the problem with your Discord Rob? maybe someone here could help :)

Offline imperious

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2018, 05:38:20 PM »

yeah, it all still works fine. I did scare the crap out of me a bit especially as it's a new cpu/ram/mobo/nvme ssd.
I'll have a look at the wheel this weekend. I'd like to keep it going somehow as I occasionally do a bit of retrogaming on old pc's and the
G25 will work on everything from Win98 up to Win10.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2018, 05:41:25 PM »

yeah, it all still works fine. I did scare the crap out of me a bit especially as it's a new cpu/ram/mobo/nvme ssd.
I'll have a look at the wheel this weekend. I'd like to keep it going somehow as I occasionally do a bit of retrogaming on old pc's and the
G25 will work on everything from Win98 up to Win10.
I now have 2 spare G25 wheels one of which you can have, I live in Coffs Harbour.

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2018, 07:53:53 PM »

Hey Denis, been working on it most of today. Googled every fix but nothing seems to work. There are quite a few Threads on it so it is not that uncommon.

By default, when Discord starts up it runs an update.exe file. At this point it fails to update and just goes into an endless loop of looking and failing to update.

Downloaded latest version, uninstalled several times, restarted the pc several times, renamed the update.exe file, checked Firewall and virus programs checked with Malwarebytes and Spybot. Nothing seems to work.

I'm officially open to suggestions

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2018, 02:50:35 AM »

Hey Denis, been working on it most of today. Googled every fix but nothing seems to work. There are quite a few Threads on it so it is not that uncommon.

By default, when Discord starts up it runs an update.exe file. At this point it fails to update and just goes into an endless loop of looking and failing to update.

Downloaded latest version, uninstalled several times, restarted the pc several times, renamed the update.exe file, checked Firewall and virus programs checked with Malwarebytes and Spybot. Nothing seems to work.

I'm officially open to suggestions
Could try going into control panel, programs, and run the repair on any of the .net or c++ things that can be repaired

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2018, 07:57:53 AM »
Thanks Denis and Bueller, turned on the PC this morning and guess what? Discord happily updated and is now running again!!

No idea what I did. Yesterday I was a computer moron but now it appears that I'm obviously a computer genius, but the secret of Discord will remain a mystery forever.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2018, 09:00:26 AM »
You know what they say about problems, sometimes it's best to sleep on it.
You just took that to the extreme, Rob. :P ;D ;)

2+2=√16

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2018, 10:02:17 AM »
Thanks Denis and Bueller, turned on the PC this morning and guess what? Discord happily updated and is now running again!!

No idea what I did. Yesterday I was a computer moron but now it appears that I'm obviously a computer genius, but the secret of Discord will remain a mystery forever.
Great news Rob , you are a computer genius  :).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal