Xtreme Gaming Network

S39R1 - Silverstone

Author Topic: S39R1 - Silverstone  (Read 3757 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S39R1 - Silverstone
« on: September 08, 2021, 08:08:04 PM »
AGK gets his season off to a flying start with two race wins.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS

SEASON STATS

Round Points
AGK   33
Joe   18
Wally   17
Bacchulum   13
Seanus   12
Mael   12
ab156   12
Freezer   5
Phil.8   2
bradc   1
Rob   0
JamieP   0
Doobs   0

Penalties
Race 1
Bacchulum ran into me under brakes - penalty 20 kg ballast for next race.

Season Standings
1. AGK, 33
2. Joe, 18
3. Wally, 17

Season opener - Silverstone.

Note the races will be timed races: 30 mins + 1 lap.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 02:50:37 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S39R1 - Silverstone
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 06:21:55 PM »
Server's up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 10:56:38 PM »
Results are up - congratulations to AGK on a great start to the season.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 09:08:25 AM »
In race 1, I was making may way back through the field when I caught up to Bacchulum and Freezer. They were holding me up, so I pitted, only to come out right behind Jamie or Brad (I can't remember which) instead of the clear track I was hoping for. Then I caught up to Bacchulum again but couldn't find a way past, with both of our cars dancing on worn tyres. Check out the gap graph between the two of us.

And well done to AGK and Mael for racing on softs - I'll definitely have to give that a try.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2021, 01:31:07 PM »
I don't usually like GT cars but did okay (partly due to picking the fastest car  ;D)

Race 1 was going along nicely in 2nd before catching the sausage curb on the final turn and ended up facing the wrong way and having to let the whole field by (probably Mael's fault he was behind me after all). After that I did eventually catch up to Shaunus but wasn't really a way to pass.

Race 2 manage to miss brad and freezer during their syncronised spinning then joined the AB, Wally, Shaunus train for a couple of laps until Wally overtook AB and AB then pitted. I stayed behind for couple more laps and based on race 1's inability to pass I pitted early hoping to make up some places. This worked out better than expected coming out just in front of AB, then a while later Wally exited the pit just behind me, then a little later I saw a car exiting the pits just in front of me assuming it was Shaunus but it was AGK. Not sure how I made up so much time after my pit stop compared with others but happy to take 2nd.

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2021, 03:44:02 PM »
Seanus       :) ;) :D ;D
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2021, 04:38:07 PM »
A fun night, but bloody tough. I got a drive-thru when I selected 1st at the start of race 1. When I repeated what happed after the race it seems I had not fully depressed my clutch the last 2% to have it fully engaged 🙄. After taking the penalty it was rather plain sailing until I found some people when they stopped and had a bit f fun with Wally until he was able to make a brilliant pass around the outside leading onto the old start straight.

Race 2 wasn’t much better was whilst I got a good start I managed to hit the same bump as Freezer heading into Becketts we performed a perfectly synchronised spin without touching each other or a wall.

Whilst the night wasn’t that great I do like how hard these cars are, extremely rewarding when you get it right. That said I do wonder if both of the Ferrari’s warrant some parity adjustments because they are clearly the quickest cars in this mod.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2021, 04:47:11 PM »
Race 1
Bacchulum ran into me under brakes - penalty 20 kg ballast for next race.

Not often you see Bacchulum being called to the stewards office  ;D

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2021, 05:00:13 PM »
...That said I do wonder if both of the Ferrari’s warrant some parity adjustments because they are clearly the quickest cars in this mod.

My preferred option would be if the faster guys chose a lesser car.

e.g. Bueller in the Lister.
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2021, 10:16:10 PM »

Whilst the night wasn’t that great I do like how hard these cars are, extremely rewarding when you get it right. That said I do wonder if both of the Ferrari’s warrant some parity adjustments because they are clearly the quickest cars in this mod.
When you look at the lap times, they're not too dissimilar, with several times faster than the 550's. In race 1, only one car in the top 4 was a 550. So I think the cars are pretty even.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 10:18:22 PM by Wally »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal