Xtreme Gaming Network

S28R3: Spa 1966

Author Topic: S28R3: Spa 1966  (Read 22481 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S28R3: Spa 1966
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2019, 03:13:50 PM »
Yeah, at these speeds a crash is pretty much the end of the race...Wally, what about 4 x 4 lap sprint races...to reduce waiting time for the next race ;-)
Kidding, that would probably just increase carnage...haha
Btw penalties could be increased on this one as well. That's just because risky moves will likely have a different impact than on a normal race track...just an idea...may suffer from that myself...
Wally, you may have tried it before, but for me as a bit of a noob it would make sense to have penalties, which really have a significant impact on the receiver.
I mean the consequences of a risky move in real racing can be very significant of course...there's life at risk, shitloads of money, time and effort. There's all this effort and money going into trying to make sim racing as real as possible. It would be interesting to know what happens behind the scenes when one of these young drivers in whatever real racing series does something stupid. I believe team managers have very serious discussions with race drivers in general and especially in case things went wrong. We're getting away with stupid moves rather lightly...a voluntary 'sorry' and 30kg :-) Again, I'm not criticising the system...just a spontaneous thought...not too much experience here with me as said before.
I don't think any particular track deserves more or less penalties.The 30 kg ballast is designed to be roughly a 10 second penalty on your overall race (these cars are not very heavy). If you have an incident, it already impacts that race, and after you do the next race with ballast, you could well finish further down the order which then impacts your starting position for the next race. So I think that's penalty enough.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2019, 07:10:50 PM »
And sTracker only counts timed laps.
My 20 is closer to 40 with in/outlaps and incomplete laps. ;)

Yeah, my laps are at least double that amount, too ;)

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2019, 09:38:08 PM »
Yeah, at these speeds a crash is pretty much the end of the race...Wally, what about 4 x 4 lap sprint races...to reduce waiting time for the next race ;-)
Kidding, that would probably just increase carnage...haha
Btw penalties could be increased on this one as well. That's just because risky moves will likely have a different impact than on a normal race track...just an idea...may suffer from that myself...
Wally, you may have tried it before, but for me as a bit of a noob it would make sense to have penalties, which really have a significant impact on the receiver.
I mean the consequences of a risky move in real racing can be very significant of course...there's life at risk, shitloads of money, time and effort. There's all this effort and money going into trying to make sim racing as real as possible. It would be interesting to know what happens behind the scenes when one of these young drivers in whatever real racing series does something stupid. I believe team managers have very serious discussions with race drivers in general and especially in case things went wrong. We're getting away with stupid moves rather lightly...a voluntary 'sorry' and 30kg :-) Again, I'm not criticising the system...just a spontaneous thought...not too much experience here with me as said before.
I don't think any particular track deserves more or less penalties.The 30 kg ballast is designed to be roughly a 10 second penalty on your overall race (these cars are not very heavy). If you have an incident, it already impacts that race, and after you do the next race with ballast, you could well finish further down the order which then impacts your starting position for the next race. So I think that's penalty enough.
Fair enough...just an idea :-) Hopefully it will work out all right and we manage staying on the black bits.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2019, 11:23:17 AM »
Just checking there is no extra download for more pit boxes?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2019, 03:59:59 PM »
Just checking there is no extra download for more pit boxes?
No, it should have 32 boxes already.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2019, 04:49:44 PM »
I've put a setup for the Ferrari on ptracker.

Wally, were you aware that tyre blankets are on?  Not sure if this is the case on race night, but in these cars it actually makes them more dangerous during the first lap as the tyres are way over pressure, especially the rears which slide a lot.

When the pressures are low (cold) they tend toward understeer.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2019, 06:13:41 PM »

Wally, were you aware that tyre blankets are on?  Not sure if this is the case on race night, but in these cars it actually makes them more dangerous during the first lap as the tyres are way over pressure, especially the rears which slide a lot.

Fair point - yes, I've had tyre warmers on thinking it would lead to safer racing. We can try a round with tyre warmers off, for sure.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2019, 08:42:21 AM »

Thanks mate, I'll give it a go tonight.
Is it much different from last week's?   I was using it and finding it pretty useful (different gearing is all)

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2019, 04:19:13 PM »

Is it much different from last week's?   I was using it and finding it pretty useful (different gearing is all)

No major changes, just to roll bar, height, dampers and gearing.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2019, 04:40:39 PM »

No major changes, just to roll bar, height, dampers and gearing.
You're wringing some speed out of it! I'm 10 seconds off the pace.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2019, 04:48:13 PM »

Can you or anyone else tell me what to do in order to have a look at this setup?

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2019, 06:58:06 PM »

Can you or anyone else tell me what to do in order to have a look at this setup?

Open ptracker and go to the setups tab and it should be listed there.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2019, 07:53:25 PM »
Awesome setup, GB, as usual.

Very much likes to turn and goes where you point it.  Still very stable.  I don't know how you do it, but keep doing it, mate!
I was chasing a 29 the other day and I could not get near it.  Now, on the second lap out I've gone and broken my record by a second.

One question; do you plan to keep to this shorter gearing in the race?  I was thinking to be able to benefit from slipstreaming, the longest top might be needed...

Edit: except I'm going to be 30kgs heavier, maybe I should stick to the shorter :D

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2019, 08:24:08 PM »
Thanks for the feedback Bird.
I'm not sure about the gearing.  If I was in the Lotus or Eagle I would go longer as those cars have a lot better mid range to get in good slip stream range.
I'll probably just leave as is.

Offline Ablearcher83

• View Profile
Intoxicated by the exubrance of my own verlocity

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal