Xtreme Gaming Network

S17R5: Zandvoort Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S17R5: Zandvoort Post-Race Chat  (Read 13176 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S17R5: Zandvoort Post-Race Chat
« on: June 27, 2017, 10:18:12 PM »
RACE RESULTS
SEASON STATS

Penalties
Race 1  - none.

Race 2:
  • Freezer ran into the back of Slow_As at turn 1 when there was a big pack of slow cars in front of them both, pushing Slow_As off track – penalty, as Freezer entered turn 1 too fast.
  • Simone ran into the side of Freezer exiting turn, but was three wide with Seanus. I think this was a case of being unsighted, side by side. Although it ended messily, I don’t think anyone could have avoided that – racing incident.
  • RussG ran in too deep inside Grat when the pass wasn’t there, and caused an incident to a group of cars behind – penalty.
Round Points
Matthew111   70
Joe   57
Kcender87   56
ab156   55
Jeremy   52
Wally   52
KeRo   52
Shayne   48
Mael   48
Dave O   45
Grat   43
Bacchulum   43
Doobs   40
RussG   39
AJ   39
DJB   33
Seanus   32
Slow_As   31
Phil.8   30
Freezer   28
Simone   0

Congratulations to Matthew for the clean sweep - taking maximum points and all bonuses!

Season Podium (no change)
1. Matthew111, 254
2. Kcender87, 238
3. Jeremy, 229

The biggest mover in the season standings is Phil, who dropped five places from 5th to 10th this round.

Teams
1. Struggle Street Racing Crew    573
2. Krahl Racing    412
3. DA Racing, 400
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 10:57:31 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S17R5: Zandvoort Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 10:51:26 PM »
Well my season form continues.
R1 Having a great battle with Wally in hot pursuit.  Wally pits on lap 11 and me on lap 12 to come out still slightly ahead but with cold tyres so I
battled to stay in front.  However a few laps later I just clipped the left side kerb as you approach the hill and got sideways, hit the fence and went skyward.  Engine destroyed game over.  >:(
Turns out neither of us were getting the DRS beep so the car in front of me got away and Wally and I were not passing each other!

R2 T3 first lap Simone tags me in the right rear and we all spin.  I get going, now at the back but on cold and now dirty tyres have my own spin and hit another fence  >:(.  This time taking out front suspension.
I proceeded to make the long and slow trek back to pits but could not turn left at all.  Unfortunately about half way back the field is approaching and just before they get to me I hit a bump and the car turns right from the grass, and straight across in front of the field ( I couldn't turn left to stop it )  SlowAs missed me but had a big misjudgment at the next right hander and wiped out.  I'm sure my car was a big distraction so big apologies to SlowAs.

Good choice of cars for the season (even if my results say otherwise ) and many thanks again to Wally.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 10:53:47 PM »
Before anything else, huge apologies to Bacchulum for the 2 (!!!) hits in race 1. Both from behind, completely my fault :(

There is not much racing in the practice servers, so this far into the season I still have huge problems in traffic...

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 11:02:04 PM »
Oh, and pushing the wrong button (DRS) on the last lap while completely alone in 2nd... after starting 18th.... oh, .... what a night.

Anyway: I was hoping for a better night for my last one till October. But it was a fun season over all. Thanks as usually most of all to Wally for it! And all of you for the good fun.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 11:09:07 PM »
R1 Having a great battle with Wally in hot pursuit.  Wally pits on lap 11 and me on lap 12 to come out still slightly ahead but with cold tyres so I
battled to stay in front.  However a few laps later I just clipped the left side kerb as you approach the hill and got sideways, hit the fence and went skyward.  Engine destroyed game over.  >:(
Turns out neither of us were getting the DRS beep so the car in front of me got away and Wally and I were not passing each other!

Yeah, that was a race of some frustration as I couldn't find a way past you. My DRS wasn't working, and didn't work in race 2 either. I was watching you every lap to see when you might pit, and I finally pitted on lap 11 trying for the undercut, but with a fixed pit time, the undercut doesn't really work. You came out just in front of me, so I thought "great, here we go again". It was still a pity to see you crash, because it was good battle up to that point. Some DRS would have made it interesting.

Sorry to Simone early in race 1, but I had to lift to avoid a crash when I was gaining too fast on Russ through those fast esses, which put Simone off behind me making him spin off track.

In race 2, I started from pole courtesy of the reverse top 8, but Mael already got me by turn 1. I'm a bit slow off the start - too much wheel spin. From there I hung on for a while despite the pressure I knew was coming, actually staying in 2nd or 3rd for most of the race. But on lap 13, I overcooked it and spun off into the barrier, which dropped me from 3rd to 5th, then 6th. So I wasted a few positions and a spot on the podium in the closing laps, but it was still my best result for the season.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 11:18:25 PM »
Yeah, that was a race of some frustration as I couldn't find a way past you. My DRS wasn't working, and didn't work in race 2 either.
I did what you said at half time and copied the file across and mine then worked in race 2.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 11:23:15 PM »
Yeah, that was a race of some frustration as I couldn't find a way past you. My DRS wasn't working, and didn't work in race 2 either.
I did what you said at half time and copied the file across and mine then worked in race 2.
Did you restart AC altogether? I copied that file too but didn't restart AC and still didn't get any DRS. Maybe I screwed something up. Not to worry.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 11:38:54 PM »
Did you restart AC altogether? I copied that file too but didn't restart AC and still didn't get any DRS. Maybe I screwed something up. Not to worry.
Yes restart..

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2017, 12:07:39 AM »
Race 2:
  • Freezer ran into the back of Slow_As at turn 1 when there was a big pack of slow cars in front of them both, pushing Slow_As off track – penalty, as Freezer entered turn 1 too fast.
  • Simone ran into the side of Freezer exiting turn, but was three wide with Seanus. I think this was a case of being unsighted, side by side. Although it ended messily, I don’t think anyone could have avoided that – racing incident.
Season is over so its not that important but a few thoughts.  Pic shows point of contact with Simone in the middle having drifted across from the right and hitting me as I was almost past him.  He could see me!
I was running down the white line and going past.
Re Slow As, unfortunately there was multiple brake stops by the front guys so I stopped, went, and the second stop tagged SlowAs so have to cop that one :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 12:13:02 AM »
There was an announcement about one more race, due to popular interest :)

I watched the replay carefully. Yes, Simone did run into you from the side, but he was on the racing line and avoiding Seanus to his right as you were passing from behind and left. Bearing in mind that it was all happening quite quickly after your earlier incident with Slow_As, I don't think he had time to see or react to you as the cars became three wide.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 12:19:41 AM »
There was an announcement about one more race, due to popular interest :)
Ah, didn't know that was confirmed . . . but I also realise that am away next week re School holidays so sadly won't make it.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2017, 12:53:11 AM »
Race 1 was going quite well. Early battling with kcender then a chase on shayne. In lapping djb he said I pushed him off track; I did squeeze more than intended but thought there was still a car width there. Sorry if not the case.

After pit stop I came out to see cars appear on the track map so tried to hug the insidr of t1 but went wider than intended on cold tyres. At the same time i saw a car go off track on helicorsa and assumed i caused it so i slowed to redress. Turned out shayne wrnt off on his own and i just let kcender and Jeremy by. A lap later i spun and damaged front wing allowing shayne by then had a good chase with him catching quite quickly due to his damage but ran out of laps.

Race 2 probably should have been my first tuesday night win but was not to be. I'd jumped on the practise sever bu accident and set fuel for the 10 laps that was set for then didn't change it after getting in to the race server. I realised early on and set up a pitstop for a quick splash n dash. I could see wally was holding up matthew so i tried to make as big of a gap as i could before pitting. As soon as matthew got past him i went in. I was 5.5 second ahead at that point with 6 laps to go so a bit annoying as could have won it.

I'll miss next week due to school holidays so looks like a wally and phil battle for 2nd in the team standings.

Offline djb1974

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2017, 07:29:19 AM »
Great night of racing. really had to stay focused or lose it off track or into a wall.  HUGE SORRY to Phil, when Joe shot past me in turn 2, i was trying to hold my line to the left getting ready to let him by on the straight part b4 the left hairpin, but he jumped me in the chicane, i think in panic not to hit him i pulled hard left to give him room and hit the curb then the fence. Needing to pit with no front wing i limped it back to pits and up over the hill trying to keep far left, poor phil crashed into me, spun and did massive damage. with no down force i had to slow down up over the hill, and with the racing line on that corner moving from the left to the right, i was never going to be completely out of the way through that turn.  the race ended with a great battle with Seanus, i was slowly catching him, last lap through the hairpin i dropped a wheel off to the right on the dirt which sent me into the left side fence, but those were good laps mate chasing you down.

Race 2 avoided all the start trouble, just, managed to get up into 12th spot for a bit till i had to pit to fix damage from an off, concentrating so hard managed to pull PB best times of 1m24.4s i was so buggered after that race, it gave me a small insight at how alien you fast guys must be, to hold your pace all race, lol. 

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2017, 09:44:27 AM »
Yes wally in race one i was expecting you to loose your car there so when i saw that i slow a bit in order to avoid you but i think someone else had the same eaction and hit me in the back sending me on the sand.

Yes freezer sorry for that but i was in the middle trying to escape from both of you guys and ,,,ye nobody gave an inch......sorry!!!

A shitty night,actually a complete disaster,i was prepared(i love this track) but after i slam the car in the straight in a full noob way...i never recovered.

So i had to option......1) taking my blood pressure pill  2)  pour a bit more of cinzano in my glass and going to bed.

I choose both...on the safe side you know.    See you next week....geeee i am disappointed!!!!

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2017, 10:02:48 AM »
Before anything else, huge apologies to Bacchulum for the 2 (!!!) hits in race 1. Both from behind, completely my fault :(

There is not much racing in the practice servers, so this far into the season I still have huge problems in traffic...
Don't sweat it.
I started to get angry but then put it down to karma, for all the other people I punted during the season. :(

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal