Xtreme Gaming Network

Lap time data for season 4 car selection

Author Topic: Lap time data for season 4 car selection  (Read 44220 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Lap time data for season 4 car selection
« on: October 19, 2014, 12:51:40 PM »
Fellas, I'm after best lap data, using the 1.0 RC, for the following cars, for season 4 parity:

BMW M3 GT2
Ferrari 458 GT2
Mclaren MP4-12C GT3
BMW Z4 GT3
P4/5
Merc SLS GT3
Lotus Evora GTC
Lotus Evora GX

If you can, what I need is for you to use the default setup (changing gearing only and using SOFT tyres), 30L fuel. Give me your PBs at the same track (optimum grip), so I can start to gather data on relative car performance. There's not enough data on RSR with the 1.0 RC yet.

Depending on how the splits work out, I'll choose 3 or 4 of these cars only.

For example, at Mugello, I have (in seconds):

M3 GT2
458 GT2
MP12-4C GT3
Z4 GT3
P4/5
SLS GT3
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 06:00:22 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Lap time data for season 4 car selection
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 01:29:18 PM »
Would it not be better to give times with a good tuned setup for each car on the track this will show more each cars potential.

I can set a server in that for people to run on, for some reason the logs arent working for me when running multiple servers the way I am doing them. Its creating the log files but they are empty which I havent looked into figuring out why.

You may also want to consider the evora gtc and 2 eleven gt4. Though the gt4 only has semi slicks with the gtc running tyres similar to gt3.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 01:57:36 PM »
Would it not be better to give times with a good tuned setup for each car on the track this will show more each cars potential.

I can set a server in that for people to run on, for some reason the logs arent working for me when running multiple servers the way I am doing them. Its creating the log files but they are empty which I havent looked into figuring out why.

You may also want to consider the evora gtc and 2 eleven gt4. Though the gt4 only has semi slicks with the gtc running tyres similar to gt3.

Everyone sets up cars differently, to different effect. I just want a baseline, with less variables.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 01:59:20 PM »
Cool.  I'll let you know my PB's.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 02:09:21 PM »
Mid-ohio, doing 5 laps with each car, on default set but soft tyres. I've only changed the gearing to one lower on a couple that was set to 320+ top speed.
  (btw we should put this track into the circulation, there's nothing wrong with it, and it's more accurate than for example Brands Hatch...)

M3 GT2  -  1:19:735
Ferrari 458 GT2  -  1:19.392
Mclaren MP4-12C GT3 - 1:20.997
BMW Z4 GT3  -  1:21.249
P4/5 -  1:20.722       - probably the easiest to drive
Merc SLS GT3 - 1:20.299 - probably the hardest to drive

Interesting to note, that the Beemers both have a somewhat understeery base set, the p4/5 is completely neutral, the fezza, mclaren & Merc are a bit oversteery or at least happy to step out here and there.   So there's that, too.

I've also drive the cars in this order, only went back to the first car for 2 more laps near the end to make it a fairer comparison (you learn the track in after a few laps) - and shaved off .5 sec.

There's probably a lot more in it, too, for each car...I could see a couple of WR's on RSR, a couple of them are a good 3s faster than my time :)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 02:11:26 PM by Bird »

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 02:51:36 PM »
The good version of Brands Hatch is almost spot-on to me Bird.

Here's a comparison for you:

Open this video and go to 3:22 in the video:
[youtube]jcLjbbiTzww[/youtube]
Open this video and then play them both side by side:
[youtube]ahYBmQiFe_A[/youtube]

The AC version is not exactly the same, but as close as you are going to get without laser-scanning.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 02:56:53 PM by Guybrush Threepwood »

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 04:39:34 PM »
The thing is videos never give me the full picture.  I've driven the laser scanned version in iR a few times and it just feels different.   
But maybe we've drive the wrong version the other night? 

Still, it's a fun track.  But mid-ohio is also very good. :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 05:25:22 PM »
Thanks bird, exactly what I'm after.

I found the Ferrari a bullet, the McLaren tricky (rear end snappy) and the Merc a boat.

I also went back to the first car, because you do go quicker.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2014, 05:48:26 PM »
As per Marty's suggestion, I've added the Lotus Evora GTC and GX, which will probably end up being the slowest cars (but very neutral and easy).
I want to stick to GT type tintops.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 06:00:46 PM by Wally »

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2014, 06:26:52 PM »
Let me rephrase my last sentence though...it's not just that there's a lot more for each car;  it's that some feels like I can't really get near their limit due to the difficult, or not-for-me handling.  I mean the beemers (especially the gt2) feel like a joy to drive for one or two laps, but then you start to push it and you realise that they are pigs - just want to understeer wide all the time :)

There's the ferrari, too; it requires a very light touch, very measured throttle input, otherwise it bites.  I'm sure it'd take time to learn it.

And from the other side the p4/5 - you can man-handle it as much as you want and it just goes where you point it.  Absolutely amazing.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 06:28:39 PM by Bird »

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2014, 07:02:17 PM »
I'll assume you're after sober results, so I'll keep my drunken one's to myself. :-X

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2014, 08:15:17 PM »
I'll assume you're after sober results, so I'll keep my drunken one's to myself. :-X
Hey man, if I can forego a cider to post sober laptimes, so can you ;)

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2014, 08:20:48 PM »
I'll post these here now so I don't forget.  Default setups with change to fuel, tyres and gears.  Track was Spa.

Ferrari 458 GT: 2.16.7
BMW M3 GT: 2.17.3
Mercedes GT: 2.18.0
McLaren GT: 2.18.2
Comp P4/5: 2.19.3
BMW Z4 GT: 2.19.5
Evora GTC: 2.20.5
Evora GX: 2.20.6

I'll update it as I run some more.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 09:31:07 PM by Guybrush Threepwood »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2014, 08:45:34 PM »
Thanks GT.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2014, 08:59:55 PM »
Actually, it would be good if everyone who did this did the Ferrari first, because that's the baseline fastest car at this point. Then I can compare your times relative to the Ferrari.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal