Xtreme Gaming Network

Cat who rescued child from dog attack

Author Topic: Cat who rescued child from dog attack  (Read 16846 times)

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Cat who rescued child from dog attack
« on: May 17, 2014, 07:45:08 PM »
Cat who rescued child from dog attack invited to throw first pitch at baseball game

[youtube]dKF3U9UWrBI[/youtube]
Video: Cat saves boy from dog attack (warning: video contains graphic images).

Tara, the California cat that became a YouTube sensation after being caught on video saving a boy from a dog attack, has been invited to "throw" the first pitch at a minor league baseball game, Bakersfield Blaze officials said on Friday.

Video footage showed a dog dragging four-year-old Jeremy from his tricycle in a driveway in Bakersfield.

Tara, the family's cat, ran to the rescue, broadsided the dog, and chased it away from the child. She then returned to the boy.

"Thankfully, it wasn't worse. My son is fine," the child's father, Roger Triantafilo, wrote in a posting with the video.

Local minor league baseball team the Bakersfield Blaze has invited the cat, assisted by the Triantafilo family, to throw the first pitch at a May 20 game.

"We will be attempting to have her throw out the first pitch. Now, how that goes off, we'll see, but the idea is to have her pitch the ball," said Philip Guiry, assistant general manager for the Blaze.

Jeremy will also pitch a ball.

The dog, described as an eight-month-old Labrador-Chow mix, is scheduled to be euthanised four days after the game, according to Bakersfield police.

The Triantafilo family could not be reached for comment.

Reuters

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Cat who rescued child from dog attack
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 08:22:06 PM »
What kind of idiot comes up with the idea of having a cat (which has no opposable thumbs) pitch a ball?!?!? ::)
I hope there's intelligent life up there somewhere, 'cause there's not much down here. :-X

2+2=√16

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 07:25:35 PM »
What kind of idiot comes up with the idea of having a cat (which has no opposable thumbs) pitch a ball?!?!? ::)
I hope there's intelligent life up there somewhere, 'cause there's not much down here. :-X
Aren't you completely right, that's the crux of this news item!
You're getting old and grumpy like me :D

Offline UBGrumpy

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 01:51:19 PM »
You're getting old and grumpy like me :D

You be Grumpy :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal